Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Problem with loot distrib. in guild

Hey,

So I've been in this guild since beggining of DS. In that time I was recruit ofc and got loot in case members/officers pass it. Was ok with that.
    But now in MoP, I have the same issue: we run 10 man with 4 cloth dps ( 1 swaps to druid bear in case we need ), me lock 2 mages ( 1 of them is in the same situation as me ) and spriest ( druid guy ).
    The priest and 1 mage are officers , and our guild 'loot rules' are officers,gm prio over other members.
    My problem is since MoP came out i got 2 loot pieces from raids and we have 2/6 hc and 5/6 normal hof, and i'm just 480 ilvl ( the other mage is 477 i think ) and all other are 484 at least .
    This is not all, the GM also starts to bitch up because I do to low dps ( eg: 75k when we downed garalon ) , told him that I'm a lot lower ilvl then other dps and he said that's not the problem, the problem is me , and started to say stuff like go read forums, l2p etc.
    Last night at Mel'jarak the cloth boots droped with hit/mastery. Me and the mage had the boots from sha quest . And ofc the fire mage took it. Those boots as far as I know are normal bis for warlocks ( demo - afli I play ) .

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a loot whore but raiding for 1 months and just got 1 item..seems I'm raiding for nothing.
    Opinions?

EDIT-UPDATE:

Hello again,
    So i wanted to say what happened after all the replies I got here. The mage left 2-3 days after I made this thread. SO it was me and my friend mage and the officer priest. So know each other pretty well so we started to ask eachother about loot, so we all got something.
    After this thread ended I wathed some guides etc for afli spec because I focused more on afli after this. ANd my dps got up a lot. Got some new items, etc. And I'm top 3 dps now, the GM is not comlaining about my dps anymore ofc. I was 2nd on 2 heroic Garalon kills, 2nd on wind lord hc kill and so on.

THis week the GM got 2 new players for the raid. A very good disc priest ( nothing wrong with him ) , and a friend of him , a monk with around 475 ilvl . Last night ( wednesday ) , me and the mage were benched for msv because they wanted to try those 2 players. The officer priest asked us if we want items . Me and the mage still need elegon hc trinket; and he said he would pass he's spot , also 2 other players would pass for us on that boss, hunter and druid. Elegon came, we were all on vent, BUT the gm refuses to swap us with those ho wanted out, with no actual reason, all the officer voted on officer chat ( officers meaning: gm's brother , the priest, 2 tanks and another monk ; yes 6 officers for a 10 man guild ) and after all the chat the priest was demoted to raider from officer and he anounced that he wont be taking any decision for the guild. We were set out. And that's pretty much all.

Now tbh, me and the mage gonna stay 1 more week to see how it goes, and start looking for a guild probably. Clearly the gm doesnt like us.

thoughts? Opinions?
    Last edited by mmocc33b2fc726; 2013-01-24 at 10:49 AM.

Yep your GM is a tool, and needs to not be such a rand and share loot around where it is needed. IMO get the other DPS to talk to him or you and the other's will just leave cause of the GM being a loot whore. No player will put up with it, he will eventually realise what he is doing is just loot whoring and if not the guild will die and he will be to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your GM /officers need to sort their fucking priorities out.
    Then again, if you're only 4 ilvls lower than then (I assume you mean they have 484, not 584), you SHOULD be doing quite competetive dps with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think that any loot system that has been designed by the officer team to make sure the loot goes to the officer team is fundamentally corrupt. All they are doing is abusing their positions in the Guild to gain loot.

If I was in your position and your performance IS genuinely due to ilvl, I would be looking for a Guild that uses a fair loot distribution system based on some form of loot council / attendance (EPGP etc).

You are NEVER going to win against an officer team who have put rules in place to make sure everyone other than themselves is excluded.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Dunno, officer/GM loot prio is really dumb (loot prio in general is dumb, unless its to funnel loot to a specific role which needs it badly), so yes I would put up a discussion to see what other people think about it

Deleted
    GM/officers > normal members , for loot is just an insanely dumb set of rules.

if my guild would ever put up such rules (and they never will) i would instant /gquit. cause its just an ego centric way to go.
    every player in a raid group should have even chances on getting an upgrade, with tanks/healers having some prio on tokens if the set bonusses really rock for them.

You should get another guild bro!, those guys are corrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with any loot system that prioritizes GM/Officers above others. Just messed up in my opinion.

I would ask that do you enjoy being in this guild you are currently in? Since there are a lot of Cloth DPS, there isn't much you can do about it. Your GM sounds like a massive tool, and look to blame just because he can. I would either confront them about this issue, or start to look elsewhere for a guild.
    Currently Procrastinating

Just leave the guild and find a nice place where people care about progression instead of gearing their character. Gearing will come automatically with progression as long as there is a decent (fair) lootsystem in place.

Hierarchy in the guild should have no bearing on who gets loot when. That's a backwards and ultimately selfish way to distribute loot.

That said, an average ilevel difference of 4 won't make or break your DPS. You should be able to do competitive DPS with them (and 75k is a bit low for warlocks on Garalon, you could do 10k more at least); loot is helpful, sure, but skill counts for a lot more.

But yes, if the loot distribution is GM/officers first, that's a bad guild. Assuming you've told us everything, of course.

That's probably the dumbest loot system I've ever heard of. You should bail.

My guild uses the suicide thing. That way everyone gets a fair chance at gear.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is possibly one of the most horrible loot system I have ever witnessed in my entire career of WoW like I wanna troll your guild right now LOL

No but really leave that horrid guild OP please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Your GM /officers need to sort their fucking priorities out.
    Then again, if you're only 4 ilvls lower than then (I assume you mean they have 484, not 584), you SHOULD be doing quite competetive dps with them.
    Ye 484 sorry, But on other bosses I do pretty ok eventhough I;m lower. For ex: On 90% of the bosses I beat the spriest officer ho is 485 ilvl...

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    That is possibly one of the most horrible loot system I have ever witnessed in my entire career of WoW like I wanna troll your guild right now LOL

No but really leave that horrid guild OP please.
    I'll have a talk with them first, if they say NO then i'll start seraching for a guild and when next time it happens I'll just Rage quit and /gquit they diserve it tbh...

btw any1 recruiting locks ?
    Last edited by mmocc33b2fc726; 2012-11-15 at 11:26 AM.

Ye blame all on officers,no one thought here about simple thing -- maybe officers just play better?
    Coz if u want to progress in new raids and kill hardmode bosses or anybosses u need to give loot to strongest raiders
    This is most effective way to raid.
    If whole raid play at same level so its beter just /roll it.But given a fact what loot destributed through council system,the raid skill level vary a lot.

All peoples who wrote here stuff just playing casual raiding(and its ok),but in terms of progressing u need to give loot to better players.
    And by the way OP u mentioned goralon and u being 480 ish and 75k dps,right? so with my exactly same geared warlock i did 102k on my last week goralon kill.iam also 480ilvl.
    So if u do 75k dps u just low, man.so do exactly what ur GM said. learn how to play and read forums,and maybe u will find urself geared better than anyone in ur guild, soon.

regards.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 possibilities for you:

1. Search for another raid/guild
    2. Live with it
    3. Fight the system and try to change it
    4. Machivallistic approach: become officer and feed on the tears of the non-officer mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Hierarchy in the guild should have no bearing on who gets loot when. That's a backwards and ultimately selfish way to distribute loot.

That said, an average ilevel difference of 4 won't make or break your DPS. You should be able to do competitive DPS with them (and 75k is a bit low for warlocks on Garalon, you could do 10k more at least); loot is helpful, sure, but skill counts for a lot more.

But yes, if the loot distribution is GM/officers first, that's a bad guild. Assuming you've told us everything, of course.
    ''

There isn't more to tell, also 2 of them are from the same country as me. But not irl friends.
    Ye and garalon depends a lot on the spawn of legs, there are tries on the boss when we get good spawn and i'm at 85k, and bad times when i go to 70k.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:43 PM ----------

So here's wol for mel'jarak http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11608&e=12063 . The officer priest is 486 ilvl , that's 6 over me and he does lower dmg then me...the other officer mage is 483 and he is not so much over me. So Reyialin you see...no1 was yelling at the priest for doing low dmg, as I said he is the last on 90% of the bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Personally I think that any loot system that has been designed by the officer team to make sure the loot goes to the officer team is fundamentally corrupt. All they are doing is abusing their positions in the Guild to gain loot.

If I was in your position and your performance IS genuinely due to ilvl, I would be looking for a Guild that uses a fair loot distribution system based on some form of loot council / attendance (EPGP etc).

You are NEVER going to win against an officer team who have put rules in place to make sure everyone other than themselves is excluded.
    I have to agree with Allatar, it's a ridiculous loot system that's clearly been devised to benefit a small section of the guild at everyone elses expense. There's nothing you can do sadly apart from leaving the guild, which I'd urge you to do at the earliest opportunity.

Remember this is a game, it's supposed to be fun - raiders do not exist merely to further the e-peen of a select few at their own expense. Find a guild that actually values it's members.

Agreeing with everybody else here.
    I don't know what number ilvl you meant to say the others are. Surely not 584.

But a guild having prio after officers is bad style. If anything you could have prio after attendance, or how good the player are (not dying on stupid stuff, doing great dps, actually hitting on the right things), but not for being an officer, that maybe do a tad more work in preparation than the others. It's not enough to justify it.
    Sounds like they're just abusing you and the other mage, and you've been okay with it for reasons beyond me.

You should just quit together with the mage, and let them find somebody else that will come along with them. Can be hard enough to find nice, good people to raid with. Specially if you fuck them over with obvios loot-whore rules like that.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    That's an atrocious loot system, and your GM and officers are selfish, greedy loot whores who deserve their guild to collapse around their ears.

Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post

I'll have a talk with them first, if they say NO then i'll start seraching for a guild and when next time it happens I'll just Rage quit and /gquit they diserve it tbh...

btw any1 recruiting locks ?
    Way classier to leave with an extremely eloquent, calm statement explaining exactly why you're leaving. If you leave in a tantrum they'll just think you're in the wrong and throwing out insults as you leave. Don't let them get away with kidding themselves that they're in the right.

But yes: leave, leave, get away from that awful guild. Everyone wants warlocks right now!