Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Idd - WoGing others wont drop your bastion stacks....but tbh you should rarely, if ever, WoGing anyone else (never mind yourself - you should never be WoGing yourself much either.....).
    I like to use HA to heal people during Force and Verve, that 30-50k WoG can be the difference between a guy dying and living.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    EDIT: oh and yes HA is rawesomesauce really - DP is a bit too random to be that helpful a tank cd.
    I wouldn't call it too random, probably more "uncontrollable". Personally I like it, since I get enough DP procs, but HA is nice for predictable heavy physical damage moments - constant ~50% damage reduction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I like to use HA to heal people during Force and Verve, that 30-50k WoG can be the difference between a guy dying and living.
    I like to smack my shield in the bosses face repeatedly so he dies :P

meh spose - battle healer glyph means you're doing more than your part in the raid heals department imo. just HoP the healer (twice if you choose clemency), HoS some random clothy dps (again twice with clemency), whop your Lights Hammer over the shields, bob's your uncle, fanny's your aunt, and the boss be dead.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I wouldn't call it too random, probably more "uncontrollable". Personally I like it, since I get enough DP procs, but HA is nice for predictable heavy physical damage moments - constant ~50% damage reduction.
    Not saying procs from DP are a bad thing..... but as a nice damage mitigating/dps cd, nothing brings a smile to the face then HA coming off cd with the boss in execute phase - lovely warm glow that you will not die in the next 30 secs and you're pumping out some seriously high deeps.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2012-11-15 at 04:58 PM.

Not saying procs from DP are a bad thing..... but as a nice damage mitigating/dps cd, nothing brings a smile to the face then HA coming off cd with the boss in execute phase - lovely warm glow that you will not die in the next 30 secs and you're pumping out some seriously high deeps.
    On that note, anyone else experience that HoW during HA gives 2 HoPo? Not one, not three...two.

As ret, HoW gives 1 HoPo always, and 3 during HA. So that makes sense. As prot, it gives none normally, but 2 during HA. Is this a bug (that I don't mind, TBH), or working as intended?

I'd say it is a bug rather than intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    On that note, anyone else experience that HoW during HA gives 2 HoPo? Not one, not three...two.

As ret, HoW gives 1 HoPo always, and 3 during HA. So that makes sense. As prot, it gives none normally, but 2 during HA. Is this a bug (that I don't mind, TBH), or working as intended?
    Keep stum! They might take it away....

Deleted
    Keep stum! They might take it away....
    Shhhh, no one should hear about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    When Avenger's Shield procs, use that and prioritise it over Judgement/Crusader strike.
    Absolutely wrong.
    Using CS and Judge on CD lets you get a rotation of
    CS - J - X - CS - X- J - CS - X -X - CS repeat.
    So you see there's always an "x" between two crusader strikes, and THAT is where shield procs have to be cast with highest priority.
    Everything else is delaying HP generation.

Priority on "x" should be shield(procced) > refresh sacred shield if about to fall off > shield (glyphed) > consecration when stationary > shield (unglyphed) > holy wrath

Holy Wrath should be ahead of AS and Cons if single target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Holy Wrath should be ahead of AS and Cons if single target.
    you sure about that? AS hits like a truck carrying a big shiny metal shield. Even glyphed for focussed shield? Maybe at sub 20% with final wrath glyph...but even then i find that unlikely.

Just chiming in here as well (a bit late!) to say I also think HA is a far better tanking talent than DP.

What you want as a tank is predictability when tanking. On Gara'jal where you know you will be taking damage for one minute you can use HA to mitigate 50% of the physical damage for more than 20 seconds. It's nothing short of amazing.

Deleted
    DKs > Palas/Monks > Guardian/Warrior
    I think.

I got a pally tank on wind lord mel'jarak barely able to que cause of gear. Had to have three healers focus him just to keep him alive. But he pulled 215k dps and 110k hps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by overclockedamd View Post
    I got a pally tank on wind lord mel'jarak barely able to que cause of gear. Had to have three healers focus him just to keep him alive. But he pulled 215k dps and 110k hps.
    Vengeance with several adds attacking him + hor + soi. Dmg is pretty much same ive seen on every other tank there. Usually way over 200k+. Healing from cleaving adds with Soi on and battlehealer makes some good numbers though

But as original thread is about dps then even on this boss its nothing special that dps on Meljarak

Deleted
    Hi there everyone!

So, our tank said he went through this thread and the prot guide and said he applied the changes. I would like a review from you all on how he is doing so far listening to your suggestions and advice.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2ed1y4hz4gf1o05k/

This is a link to our logs.

Do you guys reckon he's on the right path or is it still the same -ish?

Look forward to hear from you all! Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaslan View Post
    Hi there everyone!

So, our tank said he went through this thread and the prot guide and said he applied the changes. I would like a review from you all on how he is doing so far listening to your suggestions and advice.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2ed1y4hz4gf1o05k/

This is a link to our logs.

Do you guys reckon he's on the right path or is it still the same -ish?

Look forward to hear from you all! Thanks in advance!
    Well, I just compared this weeks will of the emperor.

He took more damage and did less damage this week. I would not call that an improvement. It looks like he focused to much on his rotation that he forgot the core in his rotation. Probably because he did not dodge alot of the emperors spells.

He gained 9 more holy power from CS + HotR + Judgement in the same time frame, that is a +
    Overall his SotR uptime increased from 17% to 22% which is good.

He IMPROVED his Sacred Shield uptime <thumbs up>

It seems like he used alot less fillers however. His use of Consecration and Holy Wrath significantly dropped in last weeks try.

Really, looking at the spells used, it looks like an improvement, but checking the actual damage done it is not. He used is core abilities more, but his fillers less. Had higher uptime on sacred shield and the damage reduction, but yet did less damage and took more damage.

Though yeah, do not use seal of truth.

Deleted
    With proper reforging and gemming (hit/expertise cap + haste) Prot Paladins do a fuckton of DPS. Our HA+SW burst can be almost equally strong compared to the DPS classes, i.e. my burst has peaked at 107k on Gara'jal hc pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm.. I see alot of people keep saing ha > dp if stacking up a lot of haste I'd say it turns.. i agrre if going mastery.. but with alot haste the amount of SotR's u get off equals a lot of dp procs, and a very high uptime on the dmg reduction from SotR.. using dp myself as I feel the uptime is just way low without.. agree its a bit rng ish.. but the ability to stack the reduction up to over 20 sec duration after som good procs makes u able to keep it going for quite a while when ur haste stacked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    With proper reforging and gemming (hit/expertise cap + haste) Prot Paladins do a fuckton of DPS. Our HA+SW burst can be almost equally strong compared to the DPS classes, i.e. my burst has peaked at 107k on Gara'jal hc pull.
    Do your dps classes peak on 107k? :P Are they all playing shockadin or something?