Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Personally, i found Kelesti (IIRC) idea on having MB cd reduced by haste is the most intriguing one.
    It was what Blizz said it would do all the way back at the beginning of beta. And then they quietly took it out back and put it down.

  2. #42
    Problem in PVE (I honestly don't know about PvP) is gameplay, not dps. Please make gameplay more appealing on single target fights and SP is fine.

  3. #43
    can u dele this? :X

  4. #44
    I think our biggest problem outside a lack of offensive CD's (which kinda make the rotation boring) is our shitty AoE. I know they keep buffing Mind Sear (like we said would happen, it's the beginning of Cata all over again) but when you do fights like Wind Lord you begin to feel completely useless. Our boomkin and I (SP) felt worthless and we actually swap out to heal and our two healers dpsed and we 1 shot the next attempt, their AoE was just so much better Every other fight I do okay, Wind Lord is just sad. What I think we need is a way to use/generate shadow orbs for AoE. Like for example Mind Sear has a chance to generate a shadoworb every time it hits a mob that has SW:P on it. Then they can just add some kind of giant AoE that does damage based on the # of shadoworbs.

    The other thing I really dislike about shadowpriest is our lack of utility. We lack an AoE slow (mind flay you usually glyph out of the slow for the movement speed), we have no stuns, we don't have any knockbacks, and our silence is on a large CD ... all we have is Body and Soul ...
    Last edited by Raone; 2012-11-20 at 06:00 AM.

  5. #45
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    I think our biggest problem outside a lack of offensive CD's (which kinda make the rotation boring) is our shitty AoE. I know they keep buffing Mind Sear (like we said would happen, it's the beginning of Cata all over again) but when you do fights like Wind Lord you begin to feel completely useless. Our boomkin and I (SP) felt worthless and we actually swap out to heal and our two healers dpsed and we 1 shot the next attempt, their AoE was just so much better Every other fight I do okay, Wind Lord is just sad. What I think we need is a way to use/generate shadow orbs for AoE. Like for example Mind Sear has a chance to generate a shadoworb every time it hits a mob that has SW:P on it. Then they can just add some kind of giant AoE that does damage based on the # of shadoworbs.

    The other thing I really dislike about shadowpriest is our lack of utility. We lack an AoE slow (mind flay you usually glyph out of the slow for the movement speed), we have no stuns, we don't have any knockbacks, and our silence is on a large CD ... all we have is Body and Soul ...
    I love you so much.
    That idea is absolutely amazing.

    On the other hand, I don't think we lack utility.
    We have a fear, a fear disarm, a root or extra fear, a rather large CD silence, I will give you that. :P
    We can gain movement speed from different sources; Feather's, shield, Dispersion w/ set or Mind Flay glyphed. [It saved my life a lot]

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Only thing that I dislike is how RNG the class has become. Sure thing, every class has some RNG involved but at the end of the day they have a way of controlling that RNG and making it "less" RNG.

    Fury warriors for example. Huge partition goes around being Enraged which is accomplished by scoring critical strike with Bloodthirst which has 2x critical strike coefficient (double the chance). At low gear levels this is huge issue, but once warrior gets to 50% critical strike chance they will completely remove that aspect (and critical has bigger value than strength at this moment), where shadow priests no matter how much haste we get, the chance to proc instant mind blast (hence better orb generation) will always be 5%.

    I like how priests are at the moment, but we need a cooldown which can grant us orbs on demand.
    Like we had with the 4-piece bonus in DS, it would be awesome to get it back in some form.

  7. #47
    I enjoy my spriest this expansions more than any. We have some pretty cool stuff, and I love how fast stuff goes down and how many mobs I can pull at once. However, Ghostcrawler said this once:

    We want Shadow to use multi-dotting in addition to Mind Sear when there are only a few targets. When Mind Sear is too strong, then the "rotation" becomes Mind Sear -> Mind Sear -> Mind Sear, which isn't a ton of fun. If you're AE'ing lots of targets, then it's fine to do nothing but Mind Sear (and perhaps a level 90 talent).
    I was very disappointed, because we're not dotters (at least thats how I feel). It makes us even more warlockish. I used to love my mind-sear in Cata. I know it's been buffed, but doesn't feel like its enough. We have no AoE other than it (and the last-tier talents but still). I just hate losing a lot of time just multi targeting and dotting on packs, and I feel like we can't even compete in the new terrace wing (with the basically hundreds of trash every 3 steps).

    So yeah, my only issue is AoE, other than that, amazing, especially in PvP (which I hated in Cata as shadow, but now it's kickass).

    Edit after I read some posts above:

    I agree about the mind sear doing something nice. I always kinda wished they'd make it like when SV hunters used Multi-shot and it would spread the poison arrow :3 Something similar maybe?
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

  8. #48
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    I agree about the mind sear doing something nice. I always kinda wished they'd make it like when SV hunters used Multi-shot and it would spread the poison arrow :3 Something similar maybe?
    If they did that it would mean either getting a very, very big proc coefficient nerf on SW:Pain due to multi-targets proccing MB nonstop or nerfing/removing the mana regen Vamp Touch provides, oh and nerf the damage.

    I love the idea, but I like the idea of having a 3rd weaker, non-proccing spreadable DoT even more.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    If they did that it would mean either getting a very, very big proc coefficient nerf on SW:Pain due to multi-targets proccing MB nonstop or nerfing/removing the mana regen Vamp Touch provides, oh and nerf the damage.

    I love the idea, but I like the idea of having a 3rd weaker, non-proccing spreadable DoT even more.
    Hmm, nice idea. One viable way to implement it could be.
    When your mind sear hitts 2 or more targets that has SW:P and VT, a weaker dott will be spread to all enemies dmged by the MS.
    Lasting 6 sec or so. somthing like 7k(with 496 gear) tics every 2 sec's. That would lvl the playing field while still making us multidott and use MS like ghostcrawler wish..

    Pluss, it wouldent make us way OP in PVP..

  10. #50
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,238
    <SpellName>
    While channeling Mind sear on a target with SW:P or VT you summon a Raven for each target hit by Mind Sear.

    Give the ravenes some cleave ability or something.

  11. #51
    I understand the basic idea of your complaints, OP, but to be perfectly honest, it's purely psychological. With the cooldown of Mind Blast, not including Divine Insight procs, you're actually using Devouring Plague exactly as often as you previously did. The cooldown of 3 Mind Blasts is equal to the old duration of Devouring Plague.

    As far as using Shadow Word: Death as an Orb spender and only costing 1 Shadow Orb, what, then, would be the point of having 3 Shadow Orb charges?

    Honestly, I like the changes. Empowered Shadows was a clunky, unfun mechanic.

  12. #52
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I understand the basic idea of your complaints, OP, but to be perfectly honest, it's purely psychological. With the cooldown of Mind Blast, not including Divine Insight procs, you're actually using Devouring Plague exactly as often as you previously did. The cooldown of 3 Mind Blasts is equal to the old duration of Devouring Plague.
    Good point, to be honest, you've dumbfounded me with that. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    As far as using Shadow Word: Death as an Orb spender and only costing 1 Shadow Orb, what, then, would be the point of having 3 Shadow Orb charges?
    Having a 5x execute or just casting Death in between damages, to a max of 3 times, For that little extra burst.
    Although all in all every other skill needs to become substantially weaker for this to be balanced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Honestly, I like the changes. Empowered Shadows was a clunky, unfun mechanic.
    On the contrary, I liked it better than having what we have now, I guess this is just a matter of taste.

  13. #53
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    186
    it's kinda sad when my ilvl 488 spriest loses single target dps to my 467 ilvl fire mage... i honestly dunno what say really. something needs to change. i dont want to be only competitive in 3 bosses of 16...

  14. #54
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Destromath or Pacific Stand Time, USA.
    Posts
    30
    I'm probably not adding any value to this discussion OP but as a loyal shadowpriest, I wanted to put my 2cents. Didn't want to quote every post because lots of good things were said.

    MOP Shadowpriest: Shadow is a very smoooooth and fluid spec atm in comparison to my other casters: lock, chicken, mage, & elesham. Albeit shadowpriest is my main and dmg to ilvl is definitely lower than my locks, but the fluidity of dmg on the move is better than it's ever been for me at least with the DI and MS procs in boss fights than previous expansions. Yes I was there for DP on the move, but actually using MS was a good idea, instead of spamming a DOT for its initial dmg on hit.

    AOE: I get what GC was saying with multidotting. I do. I became quite good at it. However, I would like to see MSear/lvl90 talents do more dmg if it hits targets with SW:P.

    Orb generation: I am jealous of my chicken to go into eclipse prepull but class uniqueness is good. Aff locks sitting for a shard to proc (5%, assuming single target) to get another haunt off, is more frustrating than orb generating for sure. Anyways, consider the FDCL 15% proc rate. I'd like to see MF proc an orb at around the same percent. Then I can actually use DP in boss fights as much as I use it in execute phases as of right now.

    From smitespec, to holynova > mindsear, to who needs MB with 4p bonus tier something, to OP for 2 weeks in cataclysm, to WTF RNG orbs, to MOP shadowpriest. I think MOP shadowpriest is better than previous right out of expansion.

    Go go shadowpriest! stay faithful.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    I love you so much.
    That idea is absolutely amazing.

    On the other hand, I don't think we lack utility.
    We have a fear, a fear disarm, a root or extra fear, a rather large CD silence, I will give you that. :P
    We can gain movement speed from different sources; Feather's, shield, Dispersion w/ set or Mind Flay glyphed. [It saved my life a lot]
    Don't forget that we can off-heal, which is a pretty damn good utility if you ask me, (and pretty much any pure-DPS class will agree as well).

  16. #56
    High Overlord Alwayshealing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    108
    Everything changes and you have to adapt, I enjoy the new way Spriests work. Took a min to get used to but its fun

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    On the contrary, I liked it better than having what we have now, I guess this is just a matter of taste.
    A handful of you crazies exist, but for the majority of Cataclysm, most long term Shadow Priests absolutely loathed the mechanic (at least the vocal ones). Of course with any change, you'll find the ones that liked the way something was before the change, but I knew not one high-end, progression content DPS priest that thought it was a good idea when it was in-game.

  18. #58
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    186
    anyway here's an idea to boost single target dps. have twist of fate procc everytime 3rd orb dp is used, or every 3rd mindflay tick. and a 2min spell that gives 3 orbs non usable in rated/arena. basically just add twist of fate has passive with the above mentioned change and gives us that 3 orb spell on the same talent spot.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Antech View Post
    I feel the only problem right now with shadow priests is that we don't have a way to generate up to 3 shadow orbs between wipes like boomkins have with eclipse
    Use the Puntable Marmot pre-pull
    Last edited by Entropia; 2012-11-20 at 05:37 PM.

  20. #60
    I honestly think Shadow is perfectly fine.
    Sure some minor tweaks wouldn't hurt... I've gotten used to not having a DPS cooldown though, and to be honest I like it.
    Need a bit of burst for something? Save Shadowfiend.

    I suggested the Mind Sear doing more damage if the target was affected by a DoT earlier....
    But first and foremost they need to fix Mind Sear's core issue; it's bugged and does not scale with mastery. Well, it does proc mastery proccs like it's supposed to do, but the proccs are weaker versions of the normal Mind Sear ticks... Now that's an issue.

    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (7741 Overkill)
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (7724 Overkill)
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (7730 Overkill)
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (6149 Overkill) Mastery procc
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (6167 Overkill) Mastery procc
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (7746 Overkill)
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (7736 Overkill)
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (7742 Overkill)
    This is not the case with SW:P, VT or MF. Their mastery proccs do the same damage as the real ticks.

    I've posted this on the Eu forums but for a higher chance of it being fixed, can someone post it on the US forums too?
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2012-11-20 at 06:25 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •