Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why do people get so offended when the truth is stated? People voted for him because he will give them things, plain and simple. They are not going to nominate someone that will not provide a boasted welfare system that reinforces people's jobless effort.

Quote Originally Posted by gawdofrawr View Post
    Why do people get so offended when the truth is stated? People voted for him because he will give them things, plain and simple. They are not going to nominate someone that will not provide a boasted welfare system that reinforces people's jobless effort.
    Obama must have been speaking in secret Kenyan islamofascist code when he specifically said that he opposed giving handouts to people who were unwilling to work.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Obama must have been speaking in secret Kenyan islamofascist code when he specifically said that he opposed giving handouts to people who were unwilling to work.
    "But he waved the work requirements!" is the response you are going to get. Actually, he allowed the state to wave, at their discretion the work requirements on a case by case basis. Which was requested by the Republican Governors to help with their case loads after the economy started tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I'm so happy Obama won
    Enjoy your Obama Phone...

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    I'm happy Obama won. I don't qualify for any welfare of government assistance, and never have. The only thing, related to taxes/handouts from this election that might effect me, is allowing me to write off mortgage interest when I purchase a house, which is most likely something Romney would have had to get rid of in his closing of loopholes.

Myth. The so-called "Obama phones" are from a FCC plan that has been in existence since 1985, was expanded in 2008 by Bush to include cell phones, and is a basic cell phone service with 250 minutes, texts included.

The raving woman on the street video is just an idiot who didn't understand she wasn't given preferential treatment by Obama.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-phones-suppo/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by relindrani View Post
    While it is true that welfare would still be around if Romney was president, it wouldn't be taken advantage of like it is now. Obama wants everyone to be dependent on his big government, no matter what the cost is. That is the reason that our economy will not improve in the slightest the next 4 years. Democrats put the "social contract" above the economy, while Republicans put the economy above the "social contract". Obama is looking to make as many people as he can dependent on the government with Obamacare, and he is allowing so many people to be on and stay on welfare and other government programs so he will make people even more dependent on the government... this is also known as Communism.

OHNOOOOO,NOOOO,NOOOO,WHY THE HORROR!!!
    obama wants to let more people get access to healthcare and improve their health! *shivers*
    on top of that...he wants to provide money for poor people so they can afford food and not end up on the streets?!OHMYGOD HOW DARE HE- WHAT A DEVIL! hes a DEMON!!HE WANTS TO RUIN US
    HELPCOMMUNISMISINVADINGHELPCOMMUNISMISINVADINGHELPCOMMUNISMISINVADINGHELPCOMMUNISMISINVADI NGHELPCOMMUNISMISINVADING

15+ Year Old Account
    While it is true that welfare would still be around if Romney was president, it wouldn't be taken advantage of like it is now. Obama wants everyone to be dependent on his big government, no matter what the cost is. That is the reason that our economy will not improve in the slightest the next 4 years. Democrats put the "social contract" above the economy, while Republicans put the economy above the "social contract". Obama is looking to make as many people as he can dependent on the government with Obamacare, and he is allowing so many people to be on and stay on welfare and other government programs so he will make people even more dependent on the government... this is also known as Communism.
    Look, another uneducated republican poster. When will you people realise you are an embarrassment to everyone else including other republicans who happen to have an education and able to tell political systems from one another.
    Communism? I'm sorry but the Carter era ended long ago.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-16 at 10:36 PM.

And Romney is saying this to his big money campaign donors. Do you honestly think they gave him massive amounts of money and wanted nothing in return? He was offering 'gifts' to the people just as much. It just so happens that Obama was offering things that the majority of the country wanted and Romney was not.

Too bad that Obama is spineless and weak OR bought out and equally as corrupt as every other politician. I doubt he will even try to give half of the things he said he was going to aim for. Presidential Candidate Obama =/= President Obama. They might as well be two totally different people.

Nothing will ever change when money controls both parties of a two party system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post

I don't understand why Republicans are against helping others. Isn't that what the bible supports?
    Nice blanket statement there, bud. Check this out:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1810425.html

There's a difference between charity and forced charity, wouldn't you agree? When people decide to be charitable, they give to things that are meaningful to them and often get to see where their money goes. Sometimes they even get to see who it goes to. Being able to control how you give your money away is vastly different than having it forced from your pockets and told "THIS IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, SORRY". When it's taxed it goes to nameless, faceless people who may or may not use the funds responsibly. Wanting people to take personal responsibility for their lives is different than refusing to be charitable. I'm not saying Republicans are hypocrisy free, just like I don't think Democrats are hypocrisy free, I'm just saying it's not as black and white as you'd like it to be.

Edit: Wow that was from page 5. I haven't looked in on this in awhile.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-11-16 at 11:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole situation sounds like democracy won out over corporate greed and removals of freedom - the things your countrymen state is at the core of your people -to me. Romney came across as the guy supporting large corporations and pumping more money in to the minority at the top, whilst removing choice and opportunity, while Obama was more invested in helping out the majority that work, through the healthcare support being improved upon.

I think that you've had a near-miss here in that Romney would've provided more for the wants and needs of people with lots of money and power than everyone else, yet people are only seeing how much Obama's changes is going to cost them. What would happen if Romney took power and his morality during his career was reflected in his presidency? The smaller, less powerful would be consumed so that the bigger and more powerful would profit further, and as president, the vast majority of your jobs and businesses would just be meat for the feast.

It's ironic because over 80% of the republican states actually take more from the government than they provide, whereas, of the states that went to Obama, 55% take more than they give in taxes. The people complaining about people living off of the state from the Republican side are actually taking more than anyone else, in other words.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-11-16 at 10:59 AM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    On the one hand it comes off as accurately dissecting how he lost but on the other it sounds like sour grapes. The ironic thing is if he had won Obama could same thing about him regarding the rich, White, and Old people.
    Except that, in that scenario, and in Obama's case, it probably would have actually been right instead of Romney's pity party pandering..

Republicans talk about welfare like its some sort of paradise land. Of course they should know since Red states are welfare states and Blue states are not...with very little exception.

If welfare went away, it would be red states that suffered the most not blue.

Quote Originally Posted by raintrees View Post
    well i mean its pretty much true. how are you going to vote against the man who sends you a nice fat welfare check every month?
    Don't tell me, let me guess. You're one of those people who assumes that no one ever needs assistance ever? Right?

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gawdofrawr View Post
    Maybe people voted for him because he's not a president who writes off almost half the country? Maybe people voted for him because he seems to actually give a shit about the country. Maybe people voted for him because he isn't out of touch and thinks the middle class starts around 200-250k like dumbarse Romney? Maybe people voted for him because Romney is very much for "marriage protection" (wtf is that, ban divorce while you're at it to 'protect' marriage) and vowed to put in place a supreme court that all agreed with him on that particular civil liberty? I mean there are tons of reasons. I don't get anything from Obama, but I sure as fuck didn't want that putz, Shitt Romney in office.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-11-16 at 01:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Republicans talk about welfare like its some sort of paradise land. Of course they should know since Red states are welfare states and Blue states are not...with very little exception.

If welfare went away, it would be red states that suffered the most not blue.
    That and most people didn't even bother to educate themselves about Romney's plans for avoiding the "economic cliff" was basically to keep the massive tax cuts for the rich and heavily tax the middle class, effectively returning middle class to lower class, and cutting a lot of government aid programs to fund more military spending. I seriously doubt that the majority of the 48-49% of Americans who voted for Romney are making more than 250k, and would not in any way have benefited from the proposed tax changes. Basically, instead of being taxed more to help those in need, they would have been taxed more to help corporations and CEO's retain record profits every year.

I have to laugh every time someone says that they hate paying taxes so that the lazy members of America can exploit the system. Every time someone says that, God kills a kitten. There are some truly lazy people out there, but if these privileged middle class children riding their parents' coat tails would bother to educate themselves and be worldly enough, they'd know there are plenty of hard working people doing 3 jobs just to earn 20k a year. I highly doubt that most of the people on these forums whining about their tax dollars going to the lazy have had to work more than 60 hours a week, and many probably haven't worked more than 40. You worked hard to get where you are? Please tell me how you were brought up in a well off middle class household and had your college education paid for by your parents/government grants and loans and you now work 40 hours a week for your 50-100k salary. I'm sure you had a real hard time getting there.

"marriage protection"
    Didn't you hear? Gay marriage is a sin and is in the bible!

But let's conveniently forget that pre marital sex is a sin, divorce is a sin, adultery is a sin, beating your wife is OK, and selling your children into slavery is OK according to the bible.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2012-11-16 at 01:20 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Nice blanket statement there, bud. Check this out:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1810425.html

There's a difference between charity and forced charity, wouldn't you agree? When people decide to be charitable, they give to things that are meaningful to them and often get to see where their money goes. Sometimes they even get to see who it goes to. Being able to control how you give your money away is vastly different than having it forced from your pockets and told "THIS IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, SORRY". When it's taxed it goes to nameless, faceless people who may or may not use the funds responsibly. Wanting people to take personal responsibility for their lives is different than refusing to be charitable. I'm not saying Republicans are hypocrisy free, just like I don't think Democrats are hypocrisy free, I'm just saying it's not as black and white as you'd like it to be.

Edit: Wow that was from page 5. I haven't looked in on this in awhile.
    Sure, but since the Republicans are anti-abortion, don't you think they should help support the babies / children that they want to FORCE people to have.

They want people to have babies, but they don't want to pay anything when the bill comes?

10+ Year Old Account
    well i mean its pretty much true. how are you going to vote against the man who sends you a nice fat welfare check every month?

Why would u vote for a man who only cares about protecting interest of rich republicans.. while scaring and taxing the shit out of the middle class to do it?
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-11-16 at 01:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    why would u vote for a man.. who only cares about protecting interest of rich republicans.. while scaring and taxing the shit out of the middle class to do it?
    Many that identify with the Republican party didn't really do much research into Romney's long term economic policies to see that they (the middle class) were going to be taxed heavily to hold up the ultra wealthy tax cuts. They just saw "OBAMA IS SENDING WELFARE CHECKS TO THE LAZY" stream across Faux News 50 times a day.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Actually... the states with the highest welfare recipients usually vote republican. The states where people are more in poverty, vote republican. Maybe democrats just don't vote against their own interest? While many poor republicans are quick to "let's cut those taxes for the rich!" meanwhile they live in a broken down double wide with no isolation receiving benefits while voting for a president who looks down on them. Yep, that makes WAY MORE SENSE!