Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    This is a ridiculous general statement. People pulling the strings of the republican party are high income earners, most of the constituents are not, there's a difference. Look at an electoral map, the poorest regions of the nation are almost all red states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP

Look at where the blue states tend to be and where the red states tend to be on the list.
    this is such misinformation yes the wages are lower in the red states but also the cost of living is about half. so 12 dollars an hour in the red states is equal to about 20 dollars an hour in blue states

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    this is such misinformation yes the wages are lower in the red states but also the cost of living is about half. so 12 dollars an hour in the red states is equal to about 20 dollars an hour in blue states
    its not measuring wages.

15+ Year Old Account
    The red states also receive more monetary assistance from the federal government per dollar paid in taxes than the blue states. Can't really figure that into cost of living huh?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Both Democrats and Republicans are the problem

guess you failed to see that... I saw it big as a sunrise.. and its true... both damn parties are the problem, both think their shit doesn't stink and its all the other guys fault... if you cant see that then I have nothing else to say to you... Good day.
    I don't give a damn about the Republicans or Democrats. What I give a damn about is people exempting the rich because them paying a fair share "wont make a dent in the deficit". So whos going to pay it if not the rich? ME? My broke ass has got to pay more because that rich guy needs another yacht? I need to pay more in interest on my college loans because the rich guy needs another house? Mitt Romney doesn't want me on my parents health insurance plan because he thinks an 18 year old kid can afford his own insurance, and another rich guy needs money to add to his 24 car garage?

Yeah, its both parties fault. One party is downright crazy and the other is so weak and wants to "compromise". I love how you complain about how both parties are "stupid" when you openly campaign for the Republican party. You are a such a hypocrite you DO need to leave this thread because your Republican logic screams..red, white, and FUCK you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've fallen prey to this as well. False equivalency is something that should be avoided, as it assumes that both parties, while flawed, are equally flawed. I would argue that the GOP's policies are more detrimental than the Democrat's policies, though neither are what I - with my limited knowledge of the subject - would consider optimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    You really think we can afford to go 1 - 1.5 trillion further into debt every year for the next decade? Oh, and lets tax the rich to make up the difference, you can tax them at 100% and it will only pay for 91 days of spending at the current rate.
    You don't honestly think Romney would have done better do you?- the guy starts out by saying he will increase funding for the armed forces, which is great when you have stock in those companies (Which more or less all republican presidential candidates have along with other military related sources), but it's a non-profit, non-productive organisation we're talking about.., as in what you sink into is money wasted no matter how you spin it, and only adds to more depth.

At least the last 2 Democratic presidents are trying to do something about unemployment (Amongst other things), it's by no means a guarantee pumping money into that sector as everything is influenced by a global supply / demand, but as always most people have this completely skewered image that the president in power at any given time is the reason why a country is in depth.

Take the most recent examples, Bush vs Obama (Or even Clinton vs Bush) and see where the depth-scale slided most and what the majority of funds was going to. (Bet most American's don't even know that the Bush family was doing business with the Bin Ladens since forever, and even while they were "hunting" for him, think it's a coincidence that he wasn't caught under the Bush administration?- think again)

Trust me when I say that Romney is no different then Bush, it's all in the aspect of his income!

*Ahems*

"WAHHHHHHHH!

WAA----WAHHHH!"

"I LOST...CAN'T BE CUZ I SUCK OR MY PARTY IS AWFUL, ALL THOSE MINORITIES WANT FREE STUFF"

"waaaaahhhh!"

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    *Ahems*

"WAHHHHHHHH!

WAA----WAHHHH!"

"I LOST...CAN'T BE CUZ I SUCK OR MY PARTY IS AWFUL, ALL THOSE MINORITIES WANT FREE STUFF"

"waaaaahhhh!"
    All I could think of reading this is that woman who, when asked what's wrong with Romney, replied, "Cuz he sucks!"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And yet, after 11~ years of me paying attention to politics in the US we still have people who seem to think the president is a genie. Guess what, he's not. All this talk about how Obama or Romney would fix things or make things worse, and very few people seem to grasp that it was all horseshit. It doesn't make a difference, neither one of them has the power to do 90% of the shit they promised voters, and yet voters ran around screaming about how Romney/Obama was going to ruin their lives.

The election once again was largely about "Keep the fear alive!" - Which is a legit political tactic, as fear is a great motivator, and I'm not taking anything away from Obama, I supported him, but the Democrats did a MUCH better job at scaring the shit out of voters this time around by convincing them that "the other guy" was going to take all kinds of shit away from them, including women's reproductive rights. Which, again, is something that doesn't fall under the power of the president of the US.

I like Obama, I supported him, I think he was the best option, but the man isn't a genie, he doesn't have a magic wand, and he won't/can't fix all our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    All I could think of reading this is that woman who, when asked what's wrong with Romney, replied, "Cuz he sucks!"
    Yeah, problem with this comparison is that woman isn't the candidate.

But I appreciate what you were attempting to do, even if it didn't work.

You've got to admit, that is a succinct summary of the problem with Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    News source

I've been pretty interested in following the post election rationalizations that have been occurring, but I didn't expect one straight from the horse's mouth. While it seems early to start looking at the 2014 election, the Republican Party had better decide soon if it's going to try to win with this tact or if they're going to change it up.
    He did, that's not debateable, it's a fact. Romney needs to shut up about it already though. To those saying a minority won't win you anything are 100% wrong and horribly uninformed, which is the way Obama wanted his voters.

Romney leading in Pennsylvania by 8% until Philadelphia votes were counted (85% black). Romney leading in Florida by 7%, until two counties were counted (can't recall the names atm) both counties were 80% Latin/Cuban. Same in all the other "swing states" except two.

Obamas horrible health care program helped with minority votes, but his immigration policy helped even more. There were literally millions of people that voted for him based on those 2 things, and when polled, they know not one single other policy he introduced or even supports.

This is how it will be from now on in every election because the minorities combined are the majority now. The candidate that promises the minorities the most will win.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah, problem with this comparison is that woman isn't the candidate.

But I appreciate what you were attempting to do, even if it didn't work.
    I felt like your post was lacking maturity. I just posted my thoughts on it.

He lost and he's a shame for the republican party. The time as come to review their practices and start to consider american people like intelligent beings.

Romney = out, you lost and you'll be forgotten, deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Dazzy
    Or, you know, the ones that aren't actively abrasive to minorities.

Thanks for supporting my point? The fact that cost of living is higher is a pretty good tipoff that it's a more affluent area. Also, you can't take 12 dollars from Mississippi and buy something that costs $20 in New York, we dont have interstate exchange rates. It's not equal, unless you plan on never leaving your home region.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I can really think of is when people are asked what's wrong with Obama, is that he's black.

I will say though, that "He sucks" is a pretty amazing 2 word paraphrasing of Romney's entire "I'm going to say what will please the most people in whatever state I'm in, then say the exact opposite in the state I visit tomorrow" campaigning platform. We can thank Romney's complete and utter lack of Karma or political tact on 4 more years of relative safety from Tea Party agenda.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Democrats did a MUCH better job at scaring the shit out of voters this time around by convincing them that "the other guy" was going to take all kinds of shit away from them, including women's reproductive rights.
    The thing is, scaring someone about something that the other party is openly stating that they desire to do is entirely valid. Remember, elections aren't just about the President, it was important to get out the vote for state level elections as well, and most Republicans have been quite clear that they're against abortion. They've also been clear that there's not keen on the ACA provisions regarding birth control; contrary to what Republicans assert, those really do matter to women.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Which, again, is something that doesn't fall under the power of the president of the US.
    This is true in the sense that the President can't wave his hand and strip reproductive rights. However, he has a substantial role in shaping the debate (such as exists, anyway) and nominates Supreme Court justices. With a Supreme Court that at it's tipping point and the Honorable RBG on the verge of retirement, this is quite important.

I felt like your post was lacking maturity. I just posted my thoughts on it.
    My post was indicative of what Romney is doing.

Which is crying.

Like a baby.

Clearly he only lost because those minorities want free shit. Yup. Couldn't possibly be for any other reason. No sir.

Its the same as when Grover Norquist called Romney a "poopy head" or when Karl Rove was throwing a literal shit fit live on Faux News.

Its the same as the people who, after the election, are blaming Romney's Conservativeness/ect instead of realizing that their party is failing because there aren't enough older white christian men left for them to succeed. Its why they've pushed voter suppression so much.

And it failed. Get over it, Republicans. Figure out what you're doing wrong and fix it.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-11-17 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    He did, that's not debateable, it's a fact.

The candidate that promises the minorities the most will win.
    I really, really hope that the Republican party as presently constituted in this fashion dies a quick political death. If it's not going to, I hope they continue to be this open about their views. Goodies aren't why minorities vote against Republicans, or else this graph would look very different: