Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
27
LastLast
  1. #481
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I felt like your post was lacking maturity. I just posted my thoughts on it.
    My post was indicative of what Romney is doing.

    Which is crying.

    Like a baby.

    Clearly he only lost because those minorities want free shit. Yup. Couldn't possibly be for any other reason. No sir.

    Its the same as when Grover Norquist called Romney a "poopy head" or when Karl Rove was throwing a literal shit fit live on Faux News.

    Its the same as the people who, after the election, are blaming Romney's Conservativeness/ect instead of realizing that their party is failing because there aren't enough older white christian men left for them to succeed. Its why they've pushed voter suppression so much.

    And it failed. Get over it, Republicans. Figure out what you're doing wrong and fix it.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-11-17 at 01:33 AM.

  2. #482
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    He did, that's not debateable, it's a fact.

    ...

    The candidate that promises the minorities the most will win.
    I really, really hope that the Republican party as presently constituted in this fashion dies a quick political death. If it's not going to, I hope they continue to be this open about their views. Goodies aren't why minorities vote against Republicans, or else this graph would look very different:


  3. #483
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    My post was indicative of what Romney is doing.

    Which is crying.

    Like a baby.

    Clearly he only lost because those minorities want free shit. Yup. Couldn't possibly be for any other reason. No sir.
    It's funny because it's not just Romney. Citizen United also failed. The billionaires who invested hundreds of millions to buy a president failed also. The irony is so majestic, I want to cry.

    p.s. It's seems that money can't buy everything, they almost got it, but they lost and it's fucking hilarious.

  4. #484
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Romney is spot on, and that's why there will never be another republican president. Democrats are too good at promising government goodies to their voting base. I'll be laughing hard when America goes bankrupt and Americans blame republicans for it. The downfall of the empire is coming on fast. I suppose if republicans become more like democrats they might have a chance, but then why bother having 2 parties at all?

    On a side note, how hilarious is it that the most liberal republican candidate ever Mitt Romney was successfully painted as a right wing extremist by the Obama campaign? lols

    As for Obama, government dependence in the form of welfare has grown tremendously over the course of his presidency. Anyone who is on welfare or food stamps and not trying to get off those programs IS a moocher.
    Yeah, because you know, it's not like Bush and pretty much every other Republican president over the last 50 years hasn't dragged America further and further into debt. Keep thinking that Obama isn't trying to fix all the colossal fuck ups those gun slinging rednecks have done to America. If Al Gore had been elected instead of Bush, there would be no financial crises and the economy wouldn't be in the shitter because Gore never would have dragged America into a war that lasted nearly 12 years. At least liberals are smart with money, whereas conservatives think that throwing money at the problem is going to fix things, which is what the Republicans have constantly been trying to do over the last 4 years.

  5. #485
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,767
    The amount of emphasis placed on the national elections in the US will always remain a mystery.

    The Electoral College will simply go ahead and pick who they like regardless; the big citation being Bush/Gore.
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

  6. #486
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah, because you know, it's not like Bush and pretty much every other Republican president over the last 50 years hasn't dragged America further and further into debt. Keep thinking that Obama isn't trying to fix all the colossal fuck ups those gun slinging rednecks have done to America. If Al Gore had been elected instead of Bush, there would be no financial crises and the economy wouldn't be in the shitter because Gore never would have dragged America into a war that lasted nearly 12 years. At least liberals are smart with money, whereas conservatives think that throwing money at the problem is going to fix things, which is what the Republicans have constantly been trying to do over the last 4 years.
    It's not just throwing money at the problem, it's thinking that private companies will do better than the government. We all know that private corporations will do everything in their power to make more money without spending it.

  7. #487
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    The amount of emphasis placed on the national elections in the US will always remain a mystery.

    The Electoral College will simply go ahead and pick who they like regardless; the big citation being Bush/Gore.
    I think you don't understand how our system works.

  8. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    It's not just throwing money at the problem, it's thinking that private companies will do better than the government. We all know that private corporations will do everything in their power to make more money without spending it.
    Which is why it's so hilarious that the plebs that identify with the Republican party actually believe in the trickle down effect. They believe that if we give big corporations tax breaks, that those corporations will suddenly be generous and pass on that saved money into more jobs.

    Lol.

    No, that saved money will go right into foreign bank accounts.

  9. #489
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    My post was indicative of what Romney is doing.

    Which is crying.

    Like a baby.

    Clearly he only lost because those minorities want free shit. Yup. Couldn't possibly be for any other reason. No sir.

    Its the same as when Grover Norquist called Romney a "poopy head" or when Karl Rove was throwing a literal shit fit live on Faux News.

    Its the same as the people who, after the election, are blaming Romney's Conservativeness/ect instead of realizing that their party is failing because there aren't enough older white christian men left for them to succeed. Its why they've pushed voter suppression so much.

    And it failed. Get over it, Republicans. Figure out what you're doing wrong and fix it.
    The whole party will fucking implode if they try to change their ways. Part of their failure is because they continue to stick to many of their old ideologies which don't work in the 21st century, and as we have seen over the last two elections, their presidential nominees have continued to try and shove all these ignorant ideals down people's throats and expected to gain votes from them. The people who continue to believe in the hardcore Christian right wing American ideology are dying off, and in the next few elections any attempts to stay on the current path that the Republicans have been on for so long, is going to see their voter numbers plummet as people search for more progressive conservative ideals from the political right.

  10. #490
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Which is why it's so hilarious that the plebs that identify with the Republican party actually believe in the trickle down effect. They believe that if we give big corporations tax breaks, that those corporations will suddenly be generous and pass on that saved money into more jobs.

    Lol.

    No, that saved money will go right into foreign bank accounts.
    It's hilarious and depressing at the same time.

  11. #491
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    The amount of emphasis placed on the national elections in the US will always remain a mystery.

    The Electoral College will simply go ahead and pick who they like regardless; the big citation being Bush/Gore.
    Yes because something that has happened THREE times and only once in the past 100+ years is so devastating to the system. The EC and pop vote almost always align. In most states, the EC is required to pick the candidate they are told to by the people anyways.

  12. #492
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,767
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Yes because something that has happened THREE times and only once in the past 100+ years is so devastating to the system. The EC and pop vote almost always align. In most states, the EC is required to pick the candidate they are told to by the people anyways.
    What then, is the point in the EC? Given that the result is as you say, always the same. It seems to lose any merit thanks to the three situations you note.
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    What then, is the point in the EC? Given that the result is as you say, always the same. It seems to lose any merit thanks to the three situations you note.
    It has an historical reason for existing that's no longer valid; it's archaic.

    That doesn't mean that it can just do whatever it wants. That assertion is simply misinformed.

  14. #494
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Yes because something that has happened THREE times and only once in the past 100+ years is so devastating to the system. The EC and pop vote almost always align. In most states, the EC is required to pick the candidate they are told to by the people anyways.
    Obama still won by 2 millions votes in the pop. I know it can be hard to digest for hardore republicans, but Obama won fair and square. That's it and I can tell you that the rest of the world was happy with that. Nobody like liars and crooks.

    edit: I know that democrats are not saints.

  15. #495
    A guy I work with told me he was going to vote for Obama because "Romney is going to take our foodstamps." And also because of "the check Obama gave us." Not sure what he was talking about there. So, from my own experience I can say Romney is right to a degree, but I think there's more to it. Repubs, need to start going after minorities harder, they need to loosen up on the Gay marriage stance etc. Also, they need to have a home run candidate. Sorry, McCain and Romney are stale and terrible campaigners.

  16. #496
    Quote Originally Posted by kidA View Post
    A guy I work with told me he was going to vote for Obama because "Romney is going to take our foodstamps." And also because of "the check Obama gave us." Not sure what he was talking about there. So, from my own experience I can say Romney is right to a degree, but I think there's more to it. Repubs, need to start going after minorities harder, they need to loosen up on the Gay marriage stance etc. Also, they need to have a home run candidate. Sorry, McCain and Romney are stale and terrible campaigners.
    Someone with a job can have food stamps in the US? Is it a full time job?

    edit: you have to realise that the republicans have become the puppets of the corporations and super rich, thats it. They know that after 2030, the growth will begin to slow down, it's mathematically impossible to have growth infinitely. They want to make money. Private corporations will never spend money for new jobs.
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2012-11-17 at 02:19 AM.

  17. #497
    Elemental Lord Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Someone with a job can have food stamps in the US? Is it a full time job?
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes.

    the SNAP program is available up to 165% of the federal poverty line. For example, that would be $24,271 for a single parent with 1 child.

    Federal minimum wage is 7.25/hr, which comes to $15,080 annually for a 40-hour week 52 weeks/year.

  18. #498
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    It's funny because it's not just Romney. Citizen United also failed. The billionaires who invested hundreds of millions to buy a president failed also. The irony is so majestic, I want to cry.

    p.s. It's seems that money can't buy everything, they almost got it, but they lost and it's fucking hilarious.
    Completely with you. This election was sweet justice for those of us who feel Citizen's United is complete crap (I think that's... almost everyone?).

    And yeah, if the Republicans don't want to become the Whigs, they better grow the fuck up and start figuring out how to appeal to minorities and the poor.

    There's no reason Republican ideals can't work for the poor. There's nothing about being Republican that says you have to be rich or even well off to have a good life. The sad part is, the party itself seems to have forgotten that.

    They need to wake up.

    Since Reagan, Repubs have become more and more aristocratic. It's not going to work in a Democracy like ours.

  19. #499
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Someone with a job can have food stamps in the US? Is it a full time job?



    edit: you have to realise that the republicans have become the puppets of the corporations and super rich, thats it. They know that after 2030, the growth will begin to slow down, it's mathematically impossible to have growth infinitely. They want to make money. Private corporations will never spend money for new jobs.
    Yes he works at a grocery store. I am a vendor.
    Yes and so are the democrats my friend.

  20. #500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    By definition a "minority" won't win you any election...just saying...
    This is Too true.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •