Page 1 of 27
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Romney - still focusing on blaming those moochers and minorities

    Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is telling top campaign donors that President Barack Obama won re-election because of the "gifts" he had already given to specific voting groups, particularly Latinos, and because of the president's effort to paint Romney as anti-immigrant.

    "The president's campaign, if you will, focused on giving targeted groups a big gift," Romney said in a call to donors on Wednesday. "He made a big effort on small things."
    News source

    I've been pretty interested in following the post election rationalizations that have been occurring, but I didn't expect one straight from the horse's mouth. While it seems early to start looking at the 2014 election, the Republican Party had better decide soon if it's going to try to win with this tact or if they're going to change it up.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Deadvolcanoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,599
    Romney is certainly right to blame minorities for his loss. 71% of Latinos voted for Obama, something like 95% of African Americans voted for Obama, and 73% of Asians voted for Obama.

    What Romney doesn't understand is why these minority groups are voting Democrat. The Republicans simply have nothing to offer them.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

  3. #3
    Well, he thinks he understands it! It's all that damned mooching! Never mind that this doesn't line up with socioeconomic realities at all, in which Asians and Jews also voted overwhelmingly against Romney (at basically the same clips as Latinos).

  4. #4
    By definition a "minority" won't win you any election...just saying...

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire raintrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    and the forest will echo with laughter
    Posts
    412
    well i mean its pretty much true. how are you going to vote against the man who sends you a nice fat welfare check every month?

  6. #6
    Warchief Kivimetsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A fascistic nightmare...
    Posts
    2,165
    Either way, you cannot disregard the fact that the country is in crisis and on the brink of social unrest.
    When less than 20% of a country votes for its leader, you know something is wrong...
    USA and world needs to awaken to reality or we will fall deeply into tyranny.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Either way, you cannot disregard the fact that the country is in crisis and on the brink of social unrest.
    Yes, I can. That's not happening anywhere other than in your "fascistic nightmare". Here in the real world, the country's basically business as usual.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    When less than 20% of a country votes for its leader, you know something is wrong...
    USA and world needs to awaken to reality or we will fall deeply into tyranny.
    Just LOL. Not much else to add.

  8. #8
    he has to say that, its politics - if he says they just lost because more citizens wanted democrats than republican it will upset the hardcore followers of his party - instead he needs to rabble rouse and inflame racial tensions to win votes, even though it hasnt worked for 8 years///

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Deadvolcanoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by raintrees View Post
    well i mean its pretty much true. how are you going to vote against the man who sends you a nice fat welfare check every month?
    Cause Obama created welfare right? Wait he didn't? Whats that? These people would still be receiving welfare if Romney won? Oh....how inconvenient to your argument...

    Obama didn't create welfare, he didn't create food stamps, he didn't create medicare/medicaid. We live in a first world country with first world social programs. They are not going away. Get over it.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

  10. #10
    On the one hand it comes off as accurately dissecting how he lost but on the other it sounds like sour grapes. The ironic thing is if he had won Obama could same thing about him regarding the rich, White, and Old people.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    By definition a "minority" won't win you any election...just saying...
    Undecided voters would constitute a minority in the electorate as well, but they decide the fate of every presidential election.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yes, I can. That's not happening anywhere other than in your "fascistic nightmare". Here in the real world, the country's basically business as usual.



    Just LOL. Not much else to add.
    Spectral, the doomsday libertarians and the hyperinflation/debt bomb Apocalypse conservatives will keep just saying "OH IT'S GONNA HAPPEN NEXT YEAR" or, my favorite, "JUST WAIT TILL HE'S IN HIS 2ND TERM"

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Spectral, the doomsday libertarians and the hyperinflation/debt bomb Apocalypse conservatives will keep just saying "OH IT'S GONNA HAPPEN NEXT YEAR" or, my favorite, "JUST WAIT TILL HE'S IN HIS 2ND TERM"
    You really think we can afford to go 1 - 1.5 trillion further into debt every year for the next decade? Oh, and lets tax the rich to make up the difference, you can tax them at 100% and it will only pay for 91 days of spending at the current rate.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Undecided voters would constitute a minority in the electorate as well, but they decide the fate of every presidential election.
    Not this one. The 2012 election was mainly decided by voter turnout.

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire raintrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    and the forest will echo with laughter
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Cause Obama created welfare right? Wait he didn't? Whats that? These people would still be receiving welfare if Romney won? Oh....how inconvenient to your argument...

    Obama didn't create welfare, he didn't create food stamps, he didn't create medicare/medicaid. We live in a first world country with first world social programs. They are not going away. Get over it.

    he didnt create it but he certainly isnt cracking down on it/regulating it so now its like a floodgate of people who are just lazy shits addicted to the free ride they've been given. and you're highly ignorant if you truly think that doesnt happen.

  16. #16
    And Obama blamed Bush for his financial failures again in his first press conference in 8 months.

  17. #17
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lake Zurich
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    By definition a "minority" won't win you any election...just saying...
    they will when all the minorities including the forgotten minority.. WOMEN vote in unison.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Not this one. The 2012 election was mainly decided by voter turnout.
    I suppose I should have qualified that as almost every presidential election. I was merely trying to point out the absurdity of dismissing the importance of minority votes based on them being a minority.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Romney is certainly right to blame minorities for his loss. 71% of Latinos voted for Obama, something like 95% of African Americans voted for Obama, and 73% of Asians voted for Obama.

    What Romney doesn't understand is why these minority groups are voting Democrat. The Republicans simply have nothing to offer them.
    What is the point of bringing up "minorities" the more we consider everyone "human" and not "white,""black" or "Asian" the more we can move forward. How is anyone born a "minority" deserving of anything anyone else would not deserve?

  20. #20
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lake Zurich
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    he has to say that, its politics - if he says they just lost because more citizens wanted democrats than republican it will upset the hardcore followers of his party - instead he needs to rabble rouse and inflame racial tensions to win votes, even though it hasnt worked for 8 years///
    LOL.. yeah because there has been no inflaming of racial tension the last 4 years.

    Honestly, I think its comical when one side tries to paint the other as a threat to democracy but it's almost just as funny when the other turns a blind eye to certain tactics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •