Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I know a lot of white people living on social security and welfare. Romney is a fool and his party views everything in black and white. You are either a giver or a taker.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  2. #22
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lake Zurich
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    What is the point of bringing up "minorities" the more we consider everyone "human" and not "white,""black" or "Asian" the more we can move forward. How is anyone born a "minority" deserving of anything anyone else would not deserve?
    The dude stated a fact.. Instead of pretending he's a racist for pointing out certain realities maybe people need to just admit he get's what happened and maybe they will be smart enough to listen to those groups?

    Your spin that he somehow feels they deserve lesser rights is a figment of your imagination.

    He lost certain votes -- votes he stood no chance of winning.

  3. #23
    I'm so happy Obama won

  4. #24
    Being shameless demagogues for decades in order to exploit the gullibility of the various constituent groups of the conservative movement, and gain their votes in the process? Perfectly fine. Promising to improve people's lives and being accountable in that effort, and gaining their votes in the process? Massive breach of political ethics.

    Some people just don't understand democracy. It isn't, as the old libertarian canard goes, "four wolves a sheep voting on what to have for dinner." It's actually four sheep and a wolf voting for what to have for dinner, and the wolf bitching and moaning when he's reduced to munching on grass.

  5. #25
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,104
    This is like the pot calling the kettle black. Romney would have cut taxes that favor the rich (income by 7%, estate, etc). If anyone is guilty of proposing "gifts" to their base, Willard Romney is that person.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

    Cycling Logs: 2012, 2013, 2014 (YTD-9.30).

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    You really think we can afford to go 1 - 1.5 trillion further into debt every year for the next decade? Oh, and lets tax the rich to make up the difference, you can tax them at 100% and it will only pay for 91 days of spending at the current rate.
    No one is advocating not drawing down the debt in a structured long-term fashion. We can continue to run deficits and increase our national debt because our economy is still growing. The vast majority of government debt is comprised of a decade of tax cuts, two wars, and the interest paid. We can slowly pay those down, investors aren't in a rush, they know we are the largest economy with a stable government and society.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    This is like the pot calling the kettle black. Romney would have cut taxes that favor the rich (income by 7%, estate, etc). If anyone is guilty of proposing "gifts" to their base, Willard Romney is that person.
    Romney also criticized that extension of the student loan interest percentage cut. That was passed by Republicans and Democrats and it directly affected my loans also.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  8. #28
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Romney also criticized that extension of the student loan interest percentage cut. That was passed by Republicans and Democrats and it directly affected my loans also.
    I couldn't get federal loans because "my parents made too much money", yet they wanted me to stand on my own two legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

    Cycling Logs: 2012, 2013, 2014 (YTD-9.30).

  9. #29
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    16,223
    Why we even care.... Romney is an attention whore and sore loser.
    he is just fighting the destiny of pretty much every other challenger of a President.. Falling into the abyss of meaningless.
    His political career is basically over now.
    He can stick around for one of his sons to get exposure, but that's about it.
    He wont get a second chance to run again. Neither party does that kind of thing anymore.

    Of course he has to come up with excuses towards the donors. about 1.2 billion bucks are on the line here.
    4 years go by fast, and the next candidate needs money too. So they/he needs to make sure there will be donations again...

  10. #30
    I think in general both parties have devolved to the stage where they're just looting the public treasury and auctioning it for votes to get re-elected.

  11. #31
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I think in general both parties have devolved to the stage where they're just looting the public treasury and auctioning it for votes to get re-elected.
    Not in your country. Your government and society have placed a high regard in social welfare and voila look what you get.

  12. #32
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Being shameless demagogues for decades in order to exploit the gullibility of the various constituent groups of the conservative movement, and gain their votes in the process? Perfectly fine. Promising to improve people's lives and being accountable in that effort, and gaining their votes in the process? Massive breach of political ethics.

    Some people just don't understand democracy. It isn't, as the old libertarian canard goes, "four wolves a sheep voting on what to have for dinner." It's actually four sheep and a wolf voting for what to have for dinner, and the wolf bitching and moaning when he's reduced to munching on grass.
    Oh they understand the concept of "democracy" just fine. The problem is that they don't, actually, "get it." They've created bubbles for themselves where they live in frequent denial over just how good they actually have it in this country. In fact, there are plenty of Chinese millionaires who would swap places with them in a heartbeat. Junior ideologically molested the conservatives for years and they have been pouting over reality not cooperating with their skewed world views ever since.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Either way, you cannot disregard the fact that the country is in crisis and on the brink of social unrest.
    When less than 20% of a country votes for its leader, you know something is wrong...
    USA and world needs to awaken to reality or we will fall deeply into tyranny.
    LOL is right. Setting aside the prospect of the countryside spontaneously rising up, it sounds like you're saying we should be encouraging voter participation, right? A good place to start might be to make it easier to vote, not harder.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    By definition a "minority" won't win you any election...just saying...
    A minority won't. but ALL of them will.

    you can't win elections by appealing to "white america" anymore, it just doesn't happen.

    also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I couldn't get federal loans because "my parents made too much money", yet they wanted me to stand on my own two legs.
    same here, and it's just stupid. if i want to get a loan, and i make too much money... what? so i'm... too responsible to get the money? there's too high a chance i won't default? i don't get it.
    Last edited by Ssith; 2012-11-15 at 02:57 PM.

  15. #35
    Sore loser is sore.

    Reasons why Romney lost (and BARELY, which goes to show how crazy things are...):

    1/ Focusing negatively on minorities.
    2/ Favouring the rich.
    3/ Threatening to take away medication from certain people.
    4/ Anti-woman stances.
    5/ Little to no stance on foreign affairs.
    6/ Relied mostly on shit-talking Obama and Democrats.
    7/ Constant flip-flopping on various issues, depending on the audience.
    8/ Mass ego, no charisma.

    When you have a candidate THAT BAD and you still almost win, something is wrong. Surely the Republicans can do better?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by raintrees View Post
    well i mean its pretty much true. how are you going to vote against the man who sends you a nice fat welfare check every month?
    See here's the problem not everyone who is part of the 47% Romney attacked are actually on welfare. A lot of the people who are part of the 47% might not pay income tax but they pay other forms of taxes like state and sales. Also some in that 47% who would pay federal income taxes don't have to because of deductions they get to claim, deductions that have been around for ages both in Republican and Democratic presidencies.

    See Romney linked everyone who doesn't pay federal income taxes with those who are actually on welfare and that's where he's wrong. The way he linked the two groups is through this part of his statement

    I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives
    He said this after talking about people on welfare and people who pay no federal income tax. If he would of talked about people on welfare and then said the part of that statement I quoted above, then continued to talk about those people who don't pay income tax then that would of put both groups into separate categories but he didn't word it that way, so to him both groups those who don't pay income tax and those who are on welfare are one in the same even if reality says otherwise.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...rcent-comment/

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    I suppose I should have qualified that as almost every presidential election. I was merely trying to point out the absurdity of dismissing the importance of minority votes based on them being a minority.
    I didnt try to dismiss them..of course they play a role at any election and they might decide the tight ones. Anyways, if they do decide then you already either missed to motivate or lost the vote of to many people in your country. Thus its absurde to blame the minorties which would have never made a difference otherwhise....

  18. #38
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Why we even care.... Romney is an attention whore and sore loser.
    he is just fighting the destiny of pretty much every other challenger of a President.. Falling into the abyss of meaningless.
    His political career is basically over now.
    He can stick around for one of his sons to get exposure, but that's about it.
    He wont get a second chance to run again. Neither party does that kind of thing anymore.

    Of course he has to come up with excuses towards the donors. about 1.2 billion bucks are on the line here.
    4 years go by fast, and the next candidate needs money too. So they/he needs to make sure there will be donations again...
    We care because its funny watching them try to rationalize away reality. I don't think, per se, that Romney is that bad of a guy. I think he is just genuinely surprised over how wrong he was. Genuinely surprised over how many disagreed with him. Hopefully this experience will help him become a better person.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  19. #39
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    same here, and it's just stupid. if i want to get a loan, and i make too much money... what? so i'm... too responsible to get the money? there's too high a chance i won't default? i don't get it.
    It wasn't me that made too much even, it was my parents. Federal programs such as FAFSA just assume that your parents will pay for your college...
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

    Cycling Logs: 2012, 2013, 2014 (YTD-9.30).

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    The dude stated a fact.. Instead of pretending he's a racist for pointing out certain realities maybe people need to just admit he get's what happened and maybe they will be smart enough to listen to those groups?

    Your spin that he somehow feels they deserve lesser rights is a figment of your imagination.

    He lost certain votes -- votes he stood no chance of winning.
    I really don't think this is correct. Romney didn't lose Black, Latino and Asian voters because of their skin color, he lost them because they perceived that his vision of America didn't include them. For heaven's sake, his public position was that Latinos ought to "self-deport," and apparently thought the reaction would be positive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •