Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Sir, I campaigned for no one, I think and thought all the potential candidates were fucking flawed in a way that none of them deserved my vote, neither party wants to fucking compromise, you have that completely and irrevocably incorrect. the idea of 'compromise' that either party has is 'do it my way'. Exactly how am I a hypocrite, Sir? Because I know both parties are full of folks that would sell you and your grandmother to further their political agendas? Sorry, I refuse to attack you, even in the face of your attacks. I'll deal with you on a completely civil level, sad that you are incapable of the same.
    Neither party wants to compromise like when the Democrats cut things out of Obamacare left and right for the GOP? Like when Obama offered Boehner huge spending cuts in exchange for minor tax increases and Boehner refused? False equivalencies are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Neither party wants to compromise like when the Democrats cut things out of Obamacare left and right for the GOP? Like when Obama offered Boehner huge spending cuts in exchange for minor tax increases and Boehner refused? False equivalencies are stupid.
    I'll leave you to your delusions sir. we dont know about the negotiating and compromise for Obamacare, all that shit was done behind closed doors, remember? And you have your facts wrong about the Obama-Boehner deal... Obama spit on that deal. Fact is Obama is hell bent on raising taxes, thats fine, its his right he won. Enjoy the next few years when those that actually paid federal income taxes take a good long hard look at how they voted.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

When you campaign has soaked up more money from the pockets of wealthy people than any other election to date, you've gotta start pointing fingers before you super wealthy friends cut you out of the fancy circle. Look how much money was WASTED on super pacs this year alone. If that money had gone into the economy in a useful way, I don't know like using it to pay for the health care coming in, helping big business create new jobs etc, instead of lining your buddies pockets to help loose an election he couldn't win after they attached Paul Ryan to his campaign.

I would be blaming the people my friends already hate as well instead of blaming myself, my party or the fact that I was out of touch with all the voters that aren't rich or white. Offer something to, I don't know, the people who populate the majority of the voter community. No one to blame but Romney, Ryan and the GOP for screwing Romney on a running mate just like they did with McCain by adding Palin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    What Romney doesn't understand is why these minority groups are voting Democrat. The Republicans simply have nothing to offer them.
    Republicans have had nothing to offer anyone other than older white males for decades. That's the basis of the entire Republican party, it seems. Do whatever it takes to help well-off, older, white males and fuck everyone else. Pay special attention if the older, rich, white male is a CEO or large business owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    What Romney doesn't understand is why these minority groups are voting Democrat. The Republicans simply have nothing to offer them.
    The first part is dead wrong because the last is dead on - the republicans did not come bearing gifts this election. It's been a problem from all parties in DC for decades - the federal government with trillions of dollars to spend on whatever fancies their interests. The deciding factor in elections these days is how well you convince people that the dollars going into the goverment will be spent out in their direction after the election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I'll close by saying I agree with this. Religion in science class is bad. I think it would be important to acknowledge it considering it's a popular theory, but if students want instruction in creationism/ID, they can talk to their parents or their church, where they're likely to find a more favorable view on it.

Tangent, over.
    I wouldn't mind seeing an elective religion class in schools, though I guess the churches and temples and whatnots themselves take care of that on their own time, don't they?

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Republicans have had nothing to offer anyone other than older white males for decades. That's the basis of the entire Republican party, it seems. Do whatever it takes to help well-off, older, white males and fuck everyone else. Pay special attention if the older, rich, white male is a CEO or large business owner.
    Don't kid yourself; the Democrats are largely the same, regardless of what they say they're gonna do. Both parties are pretty much controlled by and therefore interested in keeping the rich, white folks rich.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

we dont know about the negotiating and compromise for Obamacare,
    Maybe you don't, but that's your fault for not paying attention to the news when the law was being debated.
    And you have your facts wrong about the Obama-Boehner deal... Obama spit on that deal. Fact is Obama is hell bent on raising taxes, thats fine, its his right he won.
    No, no he didn't. You're accusing both parties of not wanting to compromise when there is one party trying for a balance of both approaches while the other is fighting tooth and nail.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing an elective religion class in schools, though I guess the churches and temples and whatnots themselves take care of that on their own time, don't they?
    I wouldn't either, and I'm very much agnostic. Hell, if there had been a good comparative religious studies class at my high school, I probably would have taken it.

But keep creationist ideas out of science classes. Nothing is contradictory between creationism and evolution. A person can, in an intellectually honest way, accept both. They are completely different things and belong in different classes.

Sorry... ugh... if anyone wants to talk about it further, PM. Don't want to push the forum rules any further.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    me thinks romney is just a sore loser
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fact is Obama is hell bent on raising taxes, thats fine, its his right he won. Enjoy the next few years when those that actually paid federal income taxes take a good long hard look at how they voted.
    Are you saying if people thought about a hand out of a tax cut, they would have voted for Romney? Poor people are moochers for getting affordable healthcare, but big business is not a moocher wanting tax cuts on their fortunes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Are you saying if people thought about a hand out of a tax cut, they would have voted for Romney? Poor people are moochers for getting affordable healthcare, but big business is not a moocher wanting tax cuts on their fortunes?
    I'm saying that Obama was elected and that we should see what happens.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does that mean we should have let Obamacare happen and see the results? Instead of wasting resources on stoping it, in the name of it being too expensive.

Read: "There's no proof for Obama giving "gifts," but we're going to assume he did and wait. And then we'll spin any single thing even REMOTELY related to it as a huge story in an effort to validate our sourceless claim."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    Lol, no, they aren't. When you increase minimum wage, the price of goods also increases. Whether that be food, electronics, medicine, whatever. Companies will obviously be wanting to get more money because "you can pay more". However, people on salary(paid by the year) don't get raises when minimum wage increases, so they simply have to pay more for goods without getting an increase in salary. So they have less money to actually contribute to the economy. It's a simple domino effect.
    You are assuming an efficient and rational market. In reality, prices and wages are sticky and inflation is never guaranteed in a dynamic global system of trade we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Why are you trying to continue a 5 month old conversation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread is old, no real need to bring up old news, especially without any new information.