Poll: What would you do with Thrall?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    It was Warchief Thrall who picked "Sharrosh" as his successor. Warchief Thrall also let the Forsaken go unwatched to the point that they screwed up Horde/Ally relations big time. Two massive fuckups there.
    Precisely. It's his mess and he needs to address it. He's made quite a few missteps (not reining in the Warsong, for a third), but he was still a capable enough administrator who struggled between what his people need (food, supplies, water, land) and how they went about getting it (or, more aptly, taking it.) It was a more subtle and more sympathetic quandary than Garrosh going on a genocidal rampage across Kalimdor, the crushingly bad outcome of which we already know.

Deleted
    I used to like Thrall back in WC3.

I start to disilike him.

Every single new topic or blindpost by trassk make me disilike him more.

Not to mention he is no more the Thrall we WC3 fans knew , he is just an old father now.

I dont want him anymore as Horde's warchief.

And since he isnt horde anymore he cant even be that , right ?

If he came back to the horde then i am sure we would get better heroes like Tirion or Malfurion.. and why not.

Res and give back us Uther and Arthas.

What I want to see is Vol'jin as Warchief, with Thrall staying as a spiritual adviser and guide, becoming once again the defacto "orc leader" while he helps Vol'jin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, Trassk.
    Thats the way it has always worked in Warcraft.

Alliance characters go neutral for retirement, Horde characters go raid boss and/or dead.

Leave Thrall neutral get someone else in like who does kick ass when pushed but also has a strong sense of honour that matches the true horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    I used to like Thrall back in WC3.

I start to disilike him.

Every single new topic or blindpost by trassk make me disilike him more.

Not to mention he is no more the Thrall we WC3 fans knew , he is just an old father now.

I dont want him anymore as Horde's warchief.

And since he isnt horde anymore he cant even be that , right ?

If he came back to the horde then i am sure we would get better heroes like Tirion or Malfurion.. and why not.

Res and give back us Uther and Arthas.
    You have the nerve to call what I say blind? With the mindless Garrosh fanboyism who swears, even when blizzard themselves tells you Garrosh is the bad guy, that he is the best thing to happen to the horde.

But then, from your post it sounds like you have a blind bit of alliance fanaticism where you have a single track mind of what you think the horde is about.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Thats the way it has always worked in Warcraft.

Alliance characters go neutral for retirement, Horde characters go raid boss and/or dead.

Leave Thrall neutral get someone else in like who does kick ass when pushed but also has a strong sense of honour that matches the true horde.
    Sounds like Varian is the best candidate for Warchief (of Azeroth)

He's lead the Horde in battle, and was a 3500-rated Gladiator and popular with Horde arena fans...

I loved Thrall as Warchief but I think at this time what I would prefer to see is more participation from Sylvanis and the other faction leaders instead of just focusing on Garrosh/New Warchief. The Horde is a union and it would really be great to see a bigger role from each of the leaders in each expansion where they lead their respective forces into the new, uncharted lands. Just as an example if each of the zones in Pandaria had a storyline based around a different branch of the Horde army claiming a foothold in that zone, rather than following the same handful of Orcs through each zone. I do get bored of seeing the same friendly NPCs in each zone and there are so many un-used NPCs sitting at home, bring them along for the ride.

Deleted
    Sounds like Varian is the best candidate for Warchief (of Azeroth)

He's lead the Horde in battle, and was a 3500-rated Gladiator and popular with Horde arena fans...
    yeah but we want someone who isn't like Garrosh :P

yeah but we want someone who isn't like Garrosh :P
    Wait, are you implying Varian is like Garrosh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    We don't know what the Horde command will look like at the end of this expansion.

If it were up to you, would you return it to the state is was in before, with Thrall at the helm?
    Thrall has gone the way of the Shaman and left the Warchief behind. He and his mate have a new child to care for and a broken world to help rebuild. I don't believe this Thrall is the same person who escaped Durnholde Keep all those years ago and became slighted by his own anger against the Alliance. Unlike the King, he realizes this is so much bigger than Horde vs. Alliance and is probably well aware of the intent of the Burning Legion to return in full swing and try to destroy Azeroth for good this time.

The Horde needs someone who has a hate for the Alliance and the cool sense to take them by cunning and not by force. The way things have been going, I would not be shocked if Jaina kills Garrosh and the horde bow down to her

Deleted
    Wait, are you implying Varian is like Garrosh?
    Hotheaded warmonger who is always angry?

In wrath they both had the same personalities, the difference is one went villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You have the nerve to call what I say blind? With the mindless Garrosh fanboyism who swears, even when blizzard themselves tells you Garrosh is the bad guy, that he is the best thing to happen to the horde.

But then, from your post it sounds like you have a blind bit of alliance fanaticism where you have a single track mind of what you think the horde is about.
    We all are astounded by how equally blind you really are.

Hotheaded warmonger who is always angry?

In wrath they both had the same personalities, the difference is one went villain.
    PROTIP: We are in Mists of Pandaria, 2 expansions ahead

Again I ask, is Varian anything like Garrosh right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzor View Post
    Have Sylvanas and the Forsaken wipe out half of Org during the raid with the plague, eliminating the alliance forces there and taking out a lot of non Forsaken making the resistance on her becoming the new leader of the Horde almost nonexistent ! Then keep Thrall on a leash in the corner!
    So basically shut down World of Warcraft?

Deleted
    PROTIP: We are in Mists of Pandaria, 2 expansions ahead

Again I ask, is Varian anything like Garrosh right now?
    yes, its just like Garrosh's in that it gets re-rwitten every expansion. I lost track of where he is now, sorry.

yes, its just like Garrosh's in that it gets re-rwitten every expansion. I lost track of where he is now, sorry.
    So first you say they're both hotheaded warmongers, but now, you claim they're both rewritten every expansion? (which is again, false on Varian's side?)

Just busting your balls mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrealle View Post
    I loved Thrall as Warchief but I think at this time what I would prefer to see is more participation from Sylvanis and the other faction leaders instead of just focusing on Garrosh/New Warchief. The Horde is a union and it would really be great to see a bigger role from each of the leaders in each expansion where they lead their respective forces into the new, uncharted lands. Just as an example if each of the zones in Pandaria had a storyline based around a different branch of the Horde army claiming a foothold in that zone, rather than following the same handful of Orcs through each zone. I do get bored of seeing the same friendly NPCs in each zone and there are so many un-used NPCs sitting at home, bring them along for the ride.
    Do you know why the horde, since WC3, was a union like you say? Its because unlike any other warchief before and after, Thrall was the one leader who stood on forming a union with those who were part of the horde. He is the reason the horde had that sense of brotherhood, and without him, and a character like Garrosh, that is why that brotherhood feel has been lost, because thanks to Garrosh, the orcs became to headstrong in there belief that they are the only thing that matters in the horde.

All of you, who don't want a warmonging idiot like Garrosh, as a new warchief, all you are doing it looking for a character who is like Thrall, yet can't admit it thats what your after. I've seen it in every thread like this.
    #boycottchina

Yet his character is exactly the same, just with more power, as he was in Wrath... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    All of you, who don't want a warmonging idiot like Garrosh, as a new warchief, all you are doing it looking for a character who is like Thrall, yet can't admit it thats what your after. I've seen it in every thread like this.
    No, they want someone like Varian, who, when push comes to shove, will fight back, but is an otherwise peaceful guy. Thrall is one lethargic dude when it comes to decisions, and even a pre-bomb Jaina pointed that out.

No, they want someone like Varian, who, when push comes to shove, will fight back, but is an otherwise peaceful guy. Thrall is one lethargic dude when it comes to decisions, and even a pre-bomb Jaina pointed that out.
    I really do enjoy Varian 5.1