Poll: What would you do with Thrall?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Not necessarily. Thrall was more of a moral beacon. Garrosh shows what happens when you don't have that.

With Vol'jin serving as that role, Thrall is not necessary.
    Pretty much all horde needs to know.

Vol'Jin will be quite interesting indeed .

The Orcs will get a new leader but I wouldn't bet any money on that leader becoming the leader of the Horde ... Suspect Vol'jin being lined up for that one.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Blizzard has stated several times that they want to keep Warcraft as an Orcs vs Humans oriented, so i'm 99% sure thet the Warchief will be an Orc (i'm leaving the 1% for any evetuallity).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Considering the entire warcraft universe, up to this point, has boiled down to "Orcs Vs Humans" I'll be very surprised if a non-Orc is ever the leader of the horde. The more likely scenario is for a new Orc to built up over the course of the expansion or Thrall to retake what he gave to Garrosh.
    there hasn't been a decent new orc thus far in mists thats could stand in such an important role. To build up such a new character we would have seen him already, but at this stage if they did bring a new one in, they'd be pulling such a character out there backsides.
    Garrosh has been floating around in the backstory of warcraft for years since beyond the dark portal was wrote. He only was able to become warcraft after so much time being introduced in tbc, and showing off in wrath. And even with his build up, he turned out to be a failure.

You can't just introduce a new character at this point in the story and expect people to accept him as the most fundamental character in the hordes story, it would be worse writing then Garrosh's inconsistent story.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Blizzard has stated several times that they want to keep Warcraft as an Orcs vs Humans oriented, so i'm 99% sure thet the Warchief will be an Orc (i'm leaving the 1% for any evetuallity).
    Metzen himself said this. And there was a blue post on how the next warchief will deal with Sylvanas and her wicked ways, so the mantle of warchief will still be the most important role in the hordes story.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    there hasn't been a decent new orc thus far in mists thats could stand in such an important role. To build up such a new character we would have seen him already, but at this stage if they did bring a new one in, they'd be pulling such a character out there backsides.
    Garrosh has been floating around in the backstory of warcraft for years since beyond the dark portal was wrote. He only was able to become warcraft after so much time being introduced in tbc, and showing off in wrath. And even with his build up, he turned out to be a failure.

You can't just introduce a new character at this point in the story and expect people to accept him as the most fundamental character in the hordes story, it would be worse writing then Garrosh's inconsistent story.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:21 PM ----------

Metzen himself said this. And there was a blue post on how the next warchief will deal with Sylvanas and her wicked ways, so the mantle of warchief will still be the most important role in the hordes story.
    All I remember is Metzen saying that Thrall would be taking up the mantle of warchief again, but then several blues contradicted the statement (either to try and preserve some sense of tension, or because Blizzard realised it wouldn't be a popular move.). So aside from that potentially outdated statement I haven't seen anything suggesting an orc warchief. Unless Thrall does become warchief again (I personally hope not.), the only credible candidates at this point in the xpac are Baine and Vol'jin.

I'd prefer Thrall to return as the leader for the Orc part of the Horde but maybe a council or another leader.
    Why not Baine as the leader of the Horde with the other leaders in some sort of a council.

But I will assume that the Orc leader will be the de facto warchief for the Horde again. I personally am a bit bored of Orcs as a whole really.

Neither Garrosh nor Thrall are really cut out for it at the moment and unless Blizzard can conjure forth a new orcish leader that fits right in I'd prefer the Horde to rule through a council.

Thrall probably will be an advisor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post

Neither Garrosh nor Thrall are really cut out for it at the moment and unless Blizzard can conjure forth a new orcish leader that fits right in I'd prefer the Horde to rule through a council.
    I disagree, they simply need to have Thrall step back into a role of leadership for the horde, given his experiences and now having something worth fighting for, he wouldn't want the horde held in a state of constant conflict if his child is set to grow up in that horde. As a father, much like Varian, both characters would want the future assured for there children.
    #boycottchina

I disagree, they simply need to have Thrall step back into a role of leadership for the horde, given his experiences and now having something worth fighting for, he wouldn't want the horde held in a state of constant conflict if his child is set to grow up in that horde. As a father, much like Varian, both characters would want the future assured for there children.
    LOL, he disagrees!

By the very fact that in the troll starting area, Vol'Jin mentions he actually hates Garrosh and would like to go into Orgrimmar but doesn't want to because Garrosh is Warchief, most likely if Vol'Jin doesn't die in the last patch he will be warchief.

Sylvanas as warchief is also a theory, but any sane person knows that's not gonna happen.

They could also throw in Baine, but I don't see why...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would take Me'dan as Warchief over Thrall at this point.

4.3 killed any last bits of care I had for Thrall. Too much Metzen is Thrall, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I would take Me'dan as Warchief over Thrall at this point.

4.3 killed any last bits of care I had for Thrall. Too much Metzen is Thrall, etc.
    Metzen voices Varian and develops his character. Are you fed up of Varian too, because if not then your argument is flawed.
    #boycottchina

Metzen voices Varian and develops his character. Are you fed up of Varian too, because if not then your argument is flawed.
    You ignored my entire post about why Varian is not Thrall.

I'd guess because it shows how utterly biased you are.

Technically, your nonsensical argument can be applied to every lore character ever because, as head creative developer, he is behind all the game's lore.

10+ Year Old Account

Metzen voices half the shit in this game. Voicing does not equal devotion to a character. And yes, Metzen does work on Varian ( with others ). But if you've paid attention to any of the Blizzcon panels or Metzen in general you'll know Thrall is his special green baby. It's his favorite. Now, that's fine. I just got sick of seeing his favorite hog the stage in 4.3 and the development after.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    why did i click on this link, i just knew that i would find trassk in it bad mouthing anyone who disagrees with him...

on topic, thralls not going to be the warchief, i believe he will serve as some kind of adviser or they will flip the script and make the horde into a council type/heirarchy deal whereas the alliance is going to have a centralized leader
    Last edited by dokilar; 2012-11-17 at 01:03 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    why did i click on this link, i just knew that i would find trassk in it bad mouthing anyone who disagrees with him...

on topic, thralls not going to be the warchief, i believe he will serve as some kind of adviser or they will flip the script and make the horde into a council type/heirarchy deal whereas the alliance is going to have a centralized leader
    psh, I'd rather have Thrall as Warchief than Baine or Vol'jin
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Warchief should be an Orc, as it maintains the Orc/Human Balance and theme of literally every Warcraft game ever. I would like to see a Counsel of Clans, Such as representatives from the Warsong, Frostwolves, Mok'nathal, Blackrock etc. just as the dwarves do.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulthos View Post
    The Warchief should be an Orc, as it maintains the Orc/Human Balance and theme of literally every Warcraft game ever. I would like to see a Counsel of Clans, Such as representatives from the Warsong, Frostwolves, Mok'nathal, Blackrock etc. just as the dwarves do.
    I dont think the difference between Clans among the Orcs is as pronounced as before, or even as the Dwarves
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    I dont think the difference between Clans among the Orcs is as pronounced as before, or even as the Dwarves
    They're not, really. The clans in the new Horde are even more intermingled than the Dwarven groups.

Anybody notice Thrall has a brand new hairstyle in Glen Rayne's painting for the Battlenet championship thing?
    He has long hair that is no longer braided or bound.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/782...pen-11_13_2012
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW