Poll: How much have you spent on micro-transactions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    They now have Consortium Chests in the Trading Post. I'm seriously thinking of getting some. From today's patch notes...

The Consortium Chest has been added to the gem store in the Consumable category for 250 gems each or 10 for 1800 gems. No key is required to open these chests; simply double-click them in your inventory.
    When you open the Consortium Chest, you will receive some number of crafting materials and one random item.
    Some items in the chest include: shoulder skins, breathing masks, weapon skins, hats, and minis.
    All items in the chest are new and have never been available before.
    Weapon skins are rare, and the minis are very rare.
    All items can be sold on the Trading Post.
    The Consortium Chest will only be available for a limited time.
    All the items found in the Consortium Chest can also be obtained as rare drops from any creature from the new Lost Shores event.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Teach me your money making ways. :P

I haven't spent anything and if I do it will likely only be for additional character slots.
    Cursed Shore. AFK farm the 3 waypoint events with full MF set in a party w/ guild biffs. Profit.

I haven't played GW2 in a while-- well, I haven't left Lion's Arch in a while more specifically. Not sure if they are still running 24/7. But basically that.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 bucks on a new character slot. My wife bought one too. I've used gold to buy gems for other shit.

Honestly the market is a little bland at the moment. I'm happy that they don't really sell anything that you MUST BUY, but they could certainly provide some more interesting options. I'd like to see about a dozen more visual armor/weapon sets, maybe some more pet packs.

I know they're generating a lot of content for the actual game now, but half the reason I play GW2 is for vanity stuff.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

70 bucks. Used it to get the lyssa runeset and to level up my mesmer for wvw.

40$ and really wish I hadn't now with news about ascended gear. I won't be playing it if I'll have to work for my gear, like in wow.

Deleted
    nothing

I only bought cash shop stuff with my in-game gold

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    They should just get it over with and put Ascendant gear in the cash shop.
    people will go crazy all the way since that would make it "pay-to-win"

Deleted
    I loaded £50 on release day and unlocked 2 bank slots, all the bag slots and I think a character slot or two, can't remember exactly since it was 3 months ago now. Unlikely to spend any more unless it's for server transfers in the future if they're not free or I decided to unlock more character slots etc.... I probably wouldn't buy cosmetic stuff for gems myself unless they added something really amazing. I have enough gold atm to buy any small things if I wanted them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Teach me your money making ways. :P

I haven't spent anything and if I do it will likely only be for additional character slots.
    Another way is doing dungeons. If you have a very good group, you can clear it very easily and get a ton of gold from doing it. Did 3 AC exp runs and 3 CoF runs one day and earned somehow 2g in total doing it. And it took about an hour or so to do so.