Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    I will win that, dimensions are awesome so wouldn't surprise me if I was still sub-60 at the next expansion.
    I'm trying my best to stay away from dimensions. It helps that I don't have a lot of cash. Because of that, I guess I'm losing the race. I did hit 51 tonight. Course, then I switched to another character for a while, so... *laugh*

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely staying away from dimensions until max level. I want to get the leveling out of the way, first, because I know that given my childhood and history - I'll want to go nuts on the dimensions...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my level 60 today \o/ Now to process a mass amount of max level stuff to do. /boggle. I'll be a bit more active here now too since leveling kept me away from the forums a bit.

Didn't get as much time this weekend to play as I wanted to, so I'm just 53.6 now. I've been doing a fair number of the carnage quests focused mainly on either humanoid (cloth) or mech (ore) type mobs. Aside from the very first day when I leveled my mining/foraging I've been making sure to do armorsmithing dailies every day. Some times there is just not a lot of mats on the AH, or they are really expensive, so I spend an hour or two going out for mats.

Got into that dungeon (forget the name) where you ride around in the mech suit for the first half. That is so fun! Sadly the waves before the last boss bugged out and we couldn't reset it. We even tried dying in the instance in hopes that would work which led to an amusing 5 minutes watching our dwarf healer try to jump to his death, only to have his racial and health regen cause most of the damage to be repaired before he could get back up the bridge to jump off again. :P

53.75 in no rush really to 50 just diddling along at my own pace playing when I can. I was max level for the past year and a half and it gets kind of boring.

Update: I'm almost 58 now. I've wasted a lot of time trying to find an alternate Cleric spec that still has a lot of survivability but better single target DPS. I've been using a Druid/Justicar build. I can easily pull up to 9 mobs at a time and survive (Morban Storm Legion base says hello) but during single target fights, it's taking me 15 or so globals to drop a mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just hit 54. Doing my fourth zone - about 1/2 way through. Been taking it slow and not played much tonight. Just finished the 1st chapter of the "overseer" quest.

Have done one dungeon and tried the new warfront, got my first zone event boss down, still haven't tried a hunt rift. As a guy who plays three times per week or so, this expansion is overwhelming with content and things to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I am 56.
    "A flower.

The last few levels are the worst.

I made level 51 yesterday.

Just dinged 54 last night! Gonna be at least another week before I'm even close to 60. I'm not too concerned though. I'm in no hurry.

Oh, and Reatus@Seastone (US)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The last few levels are the worst.
    Did you just buckle down with a mission to get to 60? It would seem like a helluva chore. Are you grinding /or questing? The story quests are quite good. The dream quests, the brain quests and the previous two as well. I don't bother with completing carnage unless they work with a story quest or are relatively quick.

I know not everyone likes questing, but I've been chilling and not found it too bad. I have avoided dungeons as I would prefer to youTube some strats before going into them. I will probably do them all on normal when I get 60 and then start heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Did you just buckle down with a mission to get to 60? It would seem like a helluva chore. Are you grinding /or questing? The story quests are quite good. The dream quests, the brain quests and the previous two as well. I don't bother with completing carnage unless they work with a story quest or are relatively quick.

I know not everyone likes questing, but I've been chilling and not found it too bad. I have avoided dungeons as I would prefer to youTube some strats before going into them. I will probably do them all on normal when I get 60 and then start heroics.
    Do yourself a favor and go back and do those carnages you missed. If you are only leveling via quests you need ever single quest you can find along the way. Even doing just about all the quests you run out around 58-59. What some people do not understand yet is Ashora and Steppes are not really levelling zones and do not have alot of quests. The quests they do have are designed for level 60, though it is possible to do some at 57/8. 58-60 also take a really long time, especially if you are out of quests. I would recommend sprinkling in some Hunt Rifts or Conquest Farm if you see groups forming in your level range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Do yourself a favor and go back and do those carnages you missed. If you are only leveling via quests you need ever single quest you can find along the way. Even doing just about all the quests you run out around 58-59. What some people do not understand yet is Ashora and Steppes are not really levelling zones and do not have alot of quests. The quests they do have are designed for level 60, though it is possible to do some at 57/8. 58-60 also take a really long time, especially if you are out of quests. I would recommend sprinkling in some Hunt Rifts or Conquest Farm if you see groups forming in your level range.
    Ah, thanks for the advice!

I'll probably do some PvP as it's like 110k a level / win. I've been doing a level per zone so far with the intention of going back when a level or two higher to do some grinding and using my xp vials (got like 30 of 'em)

10+ Year Old Account
    So I meant to get to 57/58 tonight.... instead I came down with a 100.8 F (current fever) based stomach flu. Might be able to play today, my stomach is at least not feeling like it's going to blow.

Probably didn't help I got up around 5pm last night and had coffee then ate left-over spinach and mushroom Chicagoan deep dish pizza. ._.

=S
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Seatin - World first 60 mage

At the moment, working our way through the 20 man :>

Did you just buckle down with a mission to get to 60?
    Yes. Just powered through it with my guildies.

i do not think there is a game worse in leveling than rift 50-60 leveling experience.

Edit : just tried to give it a 2nd chance... nop.. not gonna turn into a slave for a game just to reach max level.
    Last edited by Mouri Kogorou; 2012-11-20 at 09:52 PM.

Only lvl 51, but really haven't played much. I'm hoping to pick up the pace this weekend!