Soaking on Elegon HC

We havn't tried this boss yet but will probably be doing so later this reset and I want to be prepared soaking wise rather then finding out which specs work through trial and error.

We raid 10 man and don't have a monk or rogue. Settup would be something like this:

Tanks: Prot war, guardian
    Healers: (2 out of 3) resto druid, holy paladin, priest (either healing spec)
    Dps: Warrior, dk, lock, balance, hunter, mage (we also have the posibility of bringing a ret or spriest but their dps is a bit low atm, partly due to gear)

Now I'm quite confident lock can soak twice (once in first p1 and again in 2nd p1). With their immunity thing, 50% of the damadge taken over 8 sec etc. So that takes care of 2. I'm not entirely sure how many explosions we should be aiming for though (2 first p1, 3 2nd p1?).
    A dps warrior should be able to survive with a glyphed shield wall and defensive stance? Not entirely sure if you can fit in 2 soaks though with the 4min cd on shieldwall. I also remember seeing hunters take it with deterence (and presumably the ironhawk talent) on beta streams, but they had to be topped off before.

Basicly I have a decent idea, but I want some advice from those of you that have actually done the fight. So that we don't end up wasting time trying to figuere out what works and what doesn't for soaking.

Thanks in advance for any awnsers.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    2-3 soaks in the first transition (we have the DPS for 2, but we do it in 3 anyways) and 3-5 in the second transition (we do this one in 3).

Don't get too hung up the numbers, the enrage really isn't that bad. Having a clean transition when the second spark phase starts is the most important as it sets you up for a kill.

Ice block and Paladin bubble don't work. As such I'm not sure if deterrence would work or not, but I assume not.

Mage: Cauterize/Improved invisibility do work
    Warlock: Multiple ways for it to work for them depending on their talent choices
    Priests: Disperison
    Tanks: With CDs are easy too
    DK: AMS (glyph it) and IBF should do well

And of course popping CDs and throwing externals is going to work as well.

Note I mentioned tanks but I would only have tanks do it on the LAST one before a transition. Doing it in the middle can be bad if you aren't quick on that add and then aren't quick on getting the tank over 90%, as having an add running around can cause problems.

Spriest/Hunter are the best for it with dispersion/deterrence.

Our soaking order looked like this:

Mistweaver Monk
    Affy Lock
    Prot Paladin

Ret Paladin
    Feral Druid
    Fire Mage
    Blood DK

Worst hit was probably the ret paladin who needed his own DP (-40% magical dmg) + a HoSac from our Prot Paladin to Survive.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Spriest/Hunter are the best for it with dispersion/deterrence.

Our soaking order looked like this:

Mistweaver Monk
    Affy Lock
    Prot Paladin

Ret Paladin
    Feral Druid
    Fire Mage
    Blood DK

Worst hit was probably the ret paladin who needed his own DP (-40% magical dmg) + a HoSac from our Prot Paladin to Survive.
    Divine Protection and Sacred Shield should let your ret easily survive the soak.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28