Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Simcraft for Brewmasters

I'm playing around with Simcraft and trying to figure out how to make it work for a Brewmaster. Unfortunately, I don't see a profile for one and the actions listed in the windwalker.simc file won't work. Right now, the only action listed in the simulate tab is jab.

Any brewmasters out there that might can help? I'm just trying to figure out my stat weights.

I've tried using the spreadsheet over at EJ, but it has crit so high for me that when I put the stat weights into something like AMR, it suggests I gem for nothing but crit. Maybe I'm just using it incorrectly.

Also, I was playing around with ReforgeLite and Pawn. Thought I might could use those for a good reference, but the stat weight scale there is much different. Has anyone successfully set those manually? The defaults in Pawn are horrible.

Thanks in advance!
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    Right now, the only action listed in the simulate tab is jab.
    Noticed the same thing and made me laugh, DPS was off the charts by doing nothing but Jab though. Funny it doesn't even figure out doing TP during low energy GCD's.

Personally I mentally decide what I'm going for (hit/exp caps, what stat do I want to stack next) and just tweak AMR until it comes up with the results I want. I don't think plugging them in straight from the worksheet will ever work. Don't forget you can force Gem/Enchant choices.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've done the force gem/enchant/hit and expertise cap with AMR. I like the concept of the site, I just don't quite trust the data yet.(Suggests Stam/armor meta) I guess I just wanted some sure fire way to figure out my best personal stat weights.

Of course, I might be overcomplicating things and my current setup is the best option. My biggest question is, am I gemming correctly. I switch back and forth from using 80agi/160 haste gems to 320 haste. I hate that the only decent option for blue is 160 haste/ 160 hit. I have more goddamn hit than I know what to do with.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 11:22 AM ----------

I noticed your setup, Riki. I might try going with more expertise, using the 320 haste gems for yellow and the 80agi/160hit gems for blue.

How has the added expertise worked for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    I noticed your setup, Riki. I might try going with more expertise, using the 320 haste gems for yellow and the 80agi/160hit gems for blue.

How has the added expertise worked for you?
    Doing HoF on Friday so I'll post my opinions after. Just getting it prep'd to try out. Though I am going to do LFR tonight and did it the day before with the standard soft caps so that might tell me something. Took a ton of massaging to get AMR to put me at the right places.

The drop in haste has me worried as even LFR was pushing me into Yellow+ stagger frequently which was straining my Chi.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, please let me know how it works for you!

First: It's called SimulationCraft, not Simcraft

The Brewmaster part of the Monk module isn't really developed. Specialization abilitys and mechanics would need proper implementation, and after that default action lists and possibly BiS profiles. SimC can not only help you improve your DPS as a tank, but is also gaining ground in tanking/defensive calculations, which can be hard to determine with the new active mitigation in MoP. Protection Warriors are fully developed and allow for detailed analysis of the interactions between rage ( through stats like expertise ) <-> absorb.

If anyone is interested, the SimC team is always looking for more developers. Doing work in the class modules alone is very simple with only a very basic C or C++ knowledge.
    Just join us at the irc channel and we can get you hooked up.