1. #1

    Does BM have any sort of Haste plateau?

    Hello community,

    I've been searching around and couldn't find any straight reply to my question, specially since my source for such info does not seem to be up to date (hunter union).

    Right no im prioritazing (stat wise): Agil (ofc) -> Crit->Mastery->Haste.

    But despite haste being on the low end of wanted stats, do we still have to respect some minimum haste plateau?

    Kind Regards and thank you for your time.

    Flicky

  2. #2
    At 3864 haste you get an extra attack from your Dire Beast, so that's a sizeable DPS increase (about 800 DPS I think). Not massive, but something.

    BM isn't as haste dependent as a spec like Balance, Shadow, or Affliction. Crit is going to be better in most/all circumstances, and that 3864 is something you want to trade a little bit of Mastery for, not Agility or Crit.

  3. #3
    Thank you for your reply.

    So, until i can achieve that amount of haste i should not aim for any other specific amount of haste right?

  4. #4
    no, I wouldn't recommend to go for haste. it doesn't affect our rotation/shot usage. (you will never get an instant more or less off in between 2 KCs by having more haste on gear, at least not with current gear levels), only passivly by focus reg increase which is minimal. otherwise its mainly autoshots/petattacks that profit. => not enough dmg affected by haste.

    you can take the ~3900 if you get it passivly, not when you have to sacrifice crit. if your DB's attacks hit for 15k on average (incl. crits, thats realistic I think)
    thats 15000 dmg once more every 30sec if used perfectly on cooldown, ie max 500dps. not really worth it. (oh and 5 focus more every 30sec, ie 0.167 more focusreg)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    no, I wouldn't recommend to go for haste. it doesn't affect our rotation/shot usage. (you will never get an instant more or less off in between 2 KCs by having more haste on gear, at least not with current gear levels), only passivly by focus reg increase which is minimal. otherwise its mainly autoshots/petattacks that profit. => not enough dmg affected by haste.

    you can take the ~3900 if you get it passivly, not when you have to sacrifice crit. if your DB's attacks hit for 15k on average (incl. crits, thats realistic I think)
    thats 15000 dmg once more every 30sec if used perfectly on cooldown, ie max 500dps. not really worth it. (oh and 5 focus more every 30sec, ie 0.167 more focusreg)
    Thank you for the accurate precise information friend.

    I guess ill maintain my char the way it is now. Thank you all once again for the information and time.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,900
    I'm not even sure I would sacrifice mastery for it, tbh, to get to that plateau. There are enough fights with damage taken debuffs on bosses or damage done, that BM mastery scales really well on those fights.

    e.g. H-Stone Guards tile running, Gara'jal on both modes, Elegon on both modes, Garalon on both modes, Wind Lord on both modes, Ambershaper on both modes...probably a few in Terrace too, haven't been in there yet this week.

  7. #7
    RE sacrificing mastery, there's a post on EJ with some maths on this:

    Elitist Jerks - [MOP] Beastmastery 5.0.4

    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm not even sure I would sacrifice mastery for it, tbh, to get to that plateau. There are enough fights with damage taken debuffs on bosses or damage done, that BM mastery scales really well on those fights.

    e.g. H-Stone Guards tile running, Gara'jal on both modes, Elegon on both modes, Garalon on both modes, Wind Lord on both modes, Ambershaper on both modes...probably a few in Terrace too, haven't been in there yet this week.
    Your pet doesn't scale at all with tiles on Stone Guards.

  8. #8
    I was wondering the same thing about haste. I notice sometimes when i go for my Conbra shot, it looks like molasses going across my screen..lol

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindariian View Post
    I was wondering the same thing about haste. I notice sometimes when i go for my Conbra shot, it looks like molasses going across my screen..lol
    Lol so true. Hence my question XD.

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,900
    Stacking haste to make your CS shorter isn't the point of haste. I admit, I'm a bit spoiled from the old MM days when SS was around 1.4s, but haste's main benefit is to get extra ticks on our summoned pets - as long as your CS is at 1.8s or lower you shouldn't have any problems with that (and I have a 1.8s CS almost naturally, it seems).

  11. #11
    Field Marshal noxatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    86
    Just go crit and mastery.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •