Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Don't give me this crap about dailies ruining the social atmosphere of wow. Sitting in Orgrimmar/Stormwind and cueing up for pvp or dungeons is in no way shape or form 'socialising'. Unless of course your ideal of socialising is strutting around in front of the bank showing off your purple elite gear or sitting on a mailbox with a large mount so people have to see your achievement like a total asshat. If you want socialising then thats what guilds are for. Queing up for a dungeon and saying, "Hello everyone!" is NOT socialising either. That's like me telling the bank teller to have a nice day and telling my wife that I was out socialising and I made a new friend today.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Dear everyone. The problem is not that any of the items or systems being complained about are mandatory, they clearly are not. The problem is that making the following choice:

    "I am going to maximize my PVE gear and raid progression on my main"

    now takes an order of magnitude more time investment than it did in previous expansions. Consider the following: *snip*
    I fully agree with this, I did start doing them with the idea of getting the best gear that was currently "availeable" to me but i soon realized that the effort I had to put in wasn't worth it for me.(*read "effort = time" because it's not an effort to run around a zone like a headless chicken)

    Also i realy don't understand why the raids themselves don't give rep for the faction it is linked to, maybe then I could use that item locked behind exhalted instead of looking at the red text and getting a better item by the time I ever do unlock it.

    People say you don't need the gear to raid, but it's there for raiders imo because if you don't raid in this game you don't need the VP gear anyway.
    Char progression is always nice, even on alts, but i never gear a char just for fun, I do it because of the raids i want to get into.
    You don't spend 4k gold on a pvp set just so you have it either, you get it so you can pvp.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    I fully agree with this, I did start doing them with the idea of getting the best gear that was currently "availeable" to me but i soon realized that the effort I had to put in wasn't worth it for me.(*read "effort = time" because it's not an effort to run around a zone like a headless chicken)

    Also i realy don't understand why the raids themselves don't give rep for the faction it is linked to, maybe then I could use that item locked behind exhalted instead of looking at the red text and getting a better item by the time I ever do unlock it.

    People say you don't need the gear to raid, but it's there for raiders imo because if you don't raid in this game you don't need the VP gear anyway.
    Char progression is always nice, even on alts, but i never gear a char just for fun, I do it because of the raids i want to get into.
    You don't spend 4k gold on a pvp set just so you have it either, you get it so you can pvp.
    You're contradicting yourself here. You need it for progression but you get a better item by the time you unlock it? That's proof that you don't really need it.

  4. #244
    Bloodsail Admiral Vayshan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Netherlands - Draenor (EU)
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If only there was some way you could NOT do the optional daily quest content! Like perhaps getting your gear through one of the other avenues Blizzard implemented such as dungeons, pvp or raids. Its almost as if the intention was to give gear options OUTSIDE of those three normal methods.
    This!

    10 chars.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    Having not played WoW for about 9 months i decided to come back to MoP. This expansion is killing me the daily quests for rep grind is ridiculous to me what is the reason for this much dailies and how do you think this is fun. In my guild not sure about everyone elses it makes for a rather dull environment as everyone comes on at different times its hard to wait and group up for these dailies as everyone is just trying to get these done. This can take about 2 hours maybe more to complete. In the past you did a few dailies which were quick then you could run a few dungeons with guildmates and thats good because if you dont raid this was the only way to get to know one another and earn respect or build relationships. Now its just a pure grind and yes i have read its your choice to do this and all but I call BS because you have tied rep to gear so yea it sucks. Again....what was the intention and how can anyone consider this to be good for the game.
    i call bs on this post, ur obviously not goin for worlds first or anything theres absolutely no excuse for whining about too many dailies/ and the gear tied to them, take it easy for god sakes do a faction or two at times what makes u feel the need to get every single piece of gear the first day u ding lvl 90?! i for one am just enjoying all the drama these dailies cause in the minds of the players who basicly are thinking like "we payed for the game we want all the gear for free with no effort what so ever"

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    You're contradicting yourself here. You need it for progression but you get a better item by the time you unlock it? That's proof that you don't really need it.
    What i meant was that Vp gear is there for a raid purpose but you can't get it with raiding or 5 mans. (i can understand the 5 man part)

  7. #247
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    you have to get over the feeling that they are manditory. it took me a while to realise this myself.
    This guys gets it

    For maximum progression, doing some dailies is mandatory. The problem with a lot of people though is that they don't understand how much is actually necessary and so they end up doing 4-5 times more dailies than are "needed", and then complain that it is too much effort.

    There are only 2 things that I can accept one might argue a serious player "needs" to do dailies for:

    1) Charms of Fortune
    2) Reputation to access Valor Gear.

    Given that the Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Shado-Pan and August Celestial quests give 2 charms per daily quest, no one has any requirement to do more than 45 of these dailies per week. If you do 2 quest hubs per day, you need to only do them 4-5 times a week and you'll get all the charms you "need". Secondly, you only need to be getting 90 charms a week assuming there are bosses you need gear from. The kind of Hardcore players who "need" these charms will very quickly land up at the point where they have filled most of their gear slots and won't even have 3 bosses they want to spend coins on.

    Regarding reputation requirements: Although you need to get to revered with the various factions in order to access VP gear, the rate at which you can obtain VP is capped at 1000 per week. So the "need" for reputation gain is only to get enough to activate the gear as you get enough VP.

    Typically you'll gain enough VP to buy 1 item every 2 weeks. Since each faction has 3 epics, this gives you about 6 weeks per faction to get it to revered before you even have to start thinking about the next faction. Let's just put it this way: if you are doing enough dailies to get your charms, your reputation will be advancing much faster than you need it to.

    So all in all, the required number of dailies per week, even for those who claim they absolutely must have those benefits, is capped at 45. That is not a lot. Not by any stretch of the imagination, especially for a player who has any basis to make the claim that they "need" the benefits.

    To put things into perspective, this amount of dailies is achieved in half an hour a day, 4-5 days a week. The OP was complaining that he need 2 hours or more per day to complete his "needed" quota. Clearly this a gross exaggeration given that in reality you need to only put in that kind of time per week. The fact that the OP has to rely on such a hyperbole to make his point clearly demonstrates the weakness of his argument.

    If, on the other hand, you want all the optional rewards from all the factions and you want them now, then the daily grind is going to be excessive (at least for a while). Some people are cool with that, which is exactly why Bliz made it so that these people can do so. But if someone chooses this path it is absolutely their choice, and their responsibility if they feel too burned out. I really wish people could just be honest about this, and learn to take a bit of personal accountability, instead of complaining incessantly about it.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    What i meant was that Vp gear is there for a raid purpose but you can't get it with raiding or 5 mans. (i can understand the 5 man part)
    VP gear is there if you're having bad luck with RNG. It's not a requirement. It's the same ilvl as MV gear and LOWER than Heart of Fear and Terrace of Spring gear.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    What i meant was that Vp gear is there for a raid purpose but you can't get it with raiding or 5 mans. (i can understand the 5 man part)
    You mean you are not getting 90 valor per LFR dungeon and 80/40 per 5 man heroic? Isn't that what you use to get valor gear? Heck if you cue up for the LFR and get the last boss you can grab up the 90 valor and then reque up for the first 2 bosses and if you think the group is swinging through pretty quickly you can invest 10 more minutes to beat the final boss again and nab 45 valor for 10 mins worth of work.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    I agree. I was doing Golden Lotus dailies yesterday and stumbled across a rare leet 91 in the Dailies spot. I called out for a group and got another druid and a pally. We 3 manned the rarespawn and 5 mobs into the ground without a wipe. I was in shock. I've since added these two people to my friends list and will probably see if they are on at the same time tonight. Dailies have been much more fun since I started doing them in a group.
    All the rare mobs are soloable so I don't understand how you were in shock of defeating it with three people. ^^ But still well done in bringing players together. =)

  11. #251
    Dailies have actually had a positive impact on my social experience. I usually try to find one or two other people/guildies who want to do dailies and do them together. They go pretty fast and it's fun to have kind of a social interaction like that. It's way more social than chain-running 5 mans through LFD. You could certainly chain-run 5 mans with guildies but if you don't need 463's there isn't much point to running them.

  12. #252
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    Having not played WoW for about 9 months i decided to come back to MoP. This expansion is killing me the daily quests for rep grind is ridiculous to me what is the reason for this much dailies and how do you think this is fun. In my guild not sure about everyone elses it makes for a rather dull environment as everyone comes on at different times its hard to wait and group up for these dailies as everyone is just trying to get these done. This can take about 2 hours maybe more to complete. In the past you did a few dailies which were quick then you could run a few dungeons with guildmates and thats good because if you dont raid this was the only way to get to know one another and earn respect or build relationships. Now its just a pure grind and yes i have read its your choice to do this and all but I call BS because you have tied rep to gear so yea it sucks. Again....what was the intention and how can anyone consider this to be good for the game.

    Their intention was to deal with folks that cried about nothing to do... so... they gave us a tonne of stuff to do, and none of it that you have to bloody do...

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    All the rare mobs are soloable so I don't understand how you were in shock of defeating it with three people. ^^ But still well done in bringing players together. =)
    They do design them to be soloable but not solable with 5 adds that have 539k life each. That and not all classes are as capable of soling as others. As a Warlock I can solo rares and those cloud serpent dailies much easier than some classes in my guild because my pet tanks with 90% aoe dmg reduction while I stay out of range and hurl damage in. My guild usually calls me up to clear their cloudserpent dailies with no effort instead of risking death.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Intersting how the community has been calling out that it has been too quick to gear up since WotLK launched. Now, it's too long?

    Everything Blizz does is "terrible design" by some portion of the community.
    Exactly this, every single change blizzard has ever done, people will run round raging on forums going "omg the sky is falling".

    These people are not always the same people (even though here we have several people that LOVE always stirring the pot and flame baiting people just for the "fun of it").

    There was even a rant when Blizz decided to give all the proceeds of the Cinder Cub to charity.

    My favourite just recently was FU BLIZZARD I HAVE LEVELED 9 TOONS TO 90 IN 5 WEEKS BUT FU AND YOUR MANDATORY DAILYIES I QUIT I NEED TO SPEND TIME WITH MY FAMILY.

  15. #255
    Bloodsail Admiral dryankem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    This guys gets it

    For maximum progression, doing some dailies is mandatory. The problem with a lot of people though is that they don't understand how much is actually necessary and so they end up doing 4-5 times more dailies than are "needed", and then complain that it is too much effort.

    There are only 2 things that I can accept one might argue a serious player "needs" to do dailies for:

    1) Charms of Fortune
    2) Reputation to access Valor Gear.

    Given that the Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Shado-Pan and August Celestial quests give 2 charms per daily quest, no one has any requirement to do more than 45 of these dailies per week. If you do 2 quest hubs per day, you need to only do them 4-5 times a week and you'll get all the charms you "need". Secondly, you only need to be getting 90 charms a week assuming there are bosses you need gear from. The kind of Hardcore players who "need" these charms will very quickly land up at the point where they have filled most of their gear slots and won't even have 3 bosses they want to spend coins on.

    Regarding reputation requirements: Although you need to get to revered with the various factions in order to access VP gear, the rate at which you can obtain VP is capped at 1000 per week. So the "need" for reputation gain is only to get enough to activate the gear as you get enough VP.

    Typically you'll gain enough VP to buy 1 item every 2 weeks. Since each faction has 3 epics, this gives you about 6 weeks per faction to get it to revered before you even have to start thinking about the next faction. Let's just put it this way: if you are doing enough dailies to get your charms, your reputation will be advancing much faster than you need it to.

    So all in all, the required number of dailies per week, even for those who claim they absolutely must have those benefits, is capped at 45. That is not a lot. Not by any stretch of the imagination, especially for a player who has any basis to make the claim that they "need" the benefits.

    To put things into perspective, this amount of dailies is achieved in half an hour a day, 4-5 days a week. The OP was complaining that he need 2 hours or more per day to complete his "needed" quota. Clearly this a gross exaggeration given that in reality you need to only put in that kind of time per week. The fact that the OP has to rely on such a hyperbole to make his point clearly demonstrates the weakness of his argument.

    If, on the other hand, you want all the optional rewards from all the factions and you want them now, then the daily grind is going to be excessive (at least for a while). Some people are cool with that, which is exactly why Bliz made it so that these people can do so. But if someone chooses this path it is absolutely their choice, and their responsibility if they feel too burned out. I really wish people could just be honest about this, and learn to take a bit of personal accountability, instead of complaining incessantly about it.
    Raelbo you deserve cookies and beer!! That couldn't be a better explanation of the current system. 45 Dailies a week is a whole lot less than the 25/day that was the old cap. Not sure why this is so daunting for players. You use to have to grind Tol Barad dailies for the trinkets and no one seemed to have an issue with those, or grind rep for head and shoulder enchants (it did help that you could run dungeons) but MOP isn't as back breaking as people are saying.

  16. #256
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by nyaldee View Post
    dailies are counterproductive and forcing us to do things that aren't fun at all. it should be an option, not a mandatory feature.

    they are a bloody option... You dont have to do a damn daily ever if you dont bloody want to!

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you choose not to do the content then you choose not to get the advantages of doing the content..
    Yes, indeed, that is the whole issue. Blizzard is telling us to either INVEST A TON OF GRINDING TIME IN EVERY CHARACTER YOU PLAY OR GTFO and a lot of us are indeed choosing GTFO. Their attempt to make us play more is backfiring because they put the valor stuff that a lot of people enjoyed casually gathering behind a tiresome grind so that there is nothing to do for people that used to play that way.

    I have a raiding main that I grind all this stuff for. I get the best stuff as early I can, I drop tens of thousands of gold in BoEs, I grind dailies, I powerlevel professions on alts for stuff like the inscription staff and so on. I did that all, it was boring on a lot of points but I did it. So what do I do now besides log on for raids?

    In WotLK and Cata, whenever I was bored on an evening I would just log one of my alts and go do a daily heroic or perhaps pug a raid. I'd gradually gather emblems/valor and 5 man gear and slowly build up a character to a point where I could take it to a raid even when I had some really bad gear for some slots. In MoP I can't do this because Blizzard now expects me to invest weeks of grinding reputation in any character just to use the valor I get. What is there to do on an alt?

    Grind heroics, except why? My latest alt had item level 461 a day after dinging 90 and it's a lone character on a dead server, not getting anything handed down from older level 90s. The heroic gear is barely an upgrade over what I got from my own leatherworking set, doing sha while leveling and such random things. I still enjoy PvP but there is essentially nothing to do on an alt in PvE to get some casual gear progress. LFR? LFR is rubbish that people do when they feel they need to gear up something, I've not heard of anyone actually enjoying it. Go pug raids? A nightmare to explain to a pug that yeah I've killed those bosses on heroic on my main, I don't need ilvl 475 for MSV normal, so can't be bothered. I used to just get a bit of valor gear before I go pugging to painlessly bypass trade pugger ideas on what is "needed" for whatever raid but now I can't be bothered with anything besides guild raids and guild alt runs.

    Blizzard's attempt to make us play more by hiding the casual gear progression behind a grind has done just the opposite, most of us seem to play less. I've seen all these people that used to have alts level one to 90 and then realize there's nothing they can do besides dailies and LFR garbage. So it's log on to raid, log off, when it used to be people doing alt stuff on off nights. So in the end their attempt to give us "something to do" has made us feel like there's nothing whatsoever to do in this game.
    Last edited by jaakkeli; 2012-11-16 at 03:29 PM.

  18. #258
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Klaxxi and Golden Lotus take 2 hours? WTF are you doing?
    2 hours?.. in two hours I can do Golden lotus (the exalted long list), the Klaxxi (exalted), Aug Celetials, Shado-pan, Cloud Serpents, Tillers, Anglers... and still have time to take a shower... geez... they are slow... lol.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    Ok well i understand my OP came off as QQ but im actually more concerned how it is affecting the social aspect of the game again thats up for debate as well but thats the direction i want this thread to go....social aspect.
    Social aspect you say? doesn't seem to be harming anyone in my guild... they do the ones they want to... they ignore the oens they dont want to... its not hard...

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  19. #259
    I don't think having dailies is by itself a bad thing.

    I think the problem is there's a real lack of variety so it's very boring to do them. The majority are "kill x" quests. The few that aren't, such as the roll race or the sky race are actually fun. Blizzard needs to think of more quest mechanics than "Kill 20 Mogu and 6 statues and 18 spiders and 10 sprites and 8 crocolisks and 13 ghosts and collect 10 worms and 15 jewels and 14 runes, oh and defeat 12 initiates".

    Add to that the inane bullshit with "heal" quests such as "Heal 8 Hatchlings" and the ONLY way to do it is to use the healing item provided which is a 5 sec cast, even if you're a healing class.. yeah.

    I have a feeling that if there was actual variety in the types of quests, people wouldn't be quite as frustrated.

  20. #260
    Yeah, I already gave in with the fact i won't have that RNG backup because I decided not to do dailies anymore, so it is my own decision and not blizzards. But i do kinda
    "hate" blizzard for it and i think it wasn't a good decission from their part.


    *on the "hate" I couldn't find the right word (Not native)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •