Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    reread my post mate i said i think that golden lotus dailies are mind numbing and boring so i wont do them, i suppose i can do anglers instead i quite enjoy the tillers dailies but i dont know how many charms their dailies give me will need to look.
    ok theres 6 tillers dailies at 1 token per 3 anglers dailies at 2 tokens per that's 12 and i need 13 a week to get my elders i suppose i can do a cloud serpent quest for the last charm all tho on 3 of my alts ill be farming their reps anyway so i can use their mounts

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    2 charms per daily = 7 dailies a day.

    You can do your Tiller dailies and a pair of Golden Lotus dailies in 30 minutes tops.

    They're a REWARD (read once again - REWARD) for putting in extra effort in the game.

    If you aren't putting in that extra effort, you don't deserve your reward.
    I believe the majority of tillers only give 1 coin, and some are not tillers but rather cooking dailies and give cooking tokens. (they are intertwined). I also find August Celestial dailies to be quicker and easier to accomplish than the first set of Golden Lotus dailies. Especially the Xuen spirit tiger dailies which require you to fight in arenas. If you get the torch quest just stay outside the chains on the cliff edge and shortcut around the outsides of buildings cutting out 90% of the tornados.

  3. #103
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    Thats exactly the problem... people want the factions for free... while they do the other stuff they already do, the rep just comes with no effort...
    Would rather that they just remove it than getting those lame tabards again...

    Plus 45 mins? its even less... just get 4 more ppl, spam your guild or trade... and they are fast... the 40+ dailies that ppl talk about is just wrong...
    For gear wich is ppls complains, you only need 4 factions to revered and you can do 2 at a time... First you do golden lotus and kalaxxi to revered, then shadow pan and A.C. and these last 2 are even faster to do the dailies...

    Plus for coins, the dailies give 2 coins so its actually 90/7/2=7 ... 6.4 quests a day... BIG EFFORT

    as i said i don't mind the rep grind heck I'm almost done on all my max level chars exalted on my main revered on alts bar cloud serpent its only golden lotus i hate their quests are really boring ill be honest with you i enjoy FISHING more that those but in order to get to reps i need for my enchanter i need to do them, if the golden lotus quests were more interesting i wouldn't care at all

  4. #104

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If only there was some way you could NOT do the optional daily quest content! Like perhaps getting your gear through one of the other avenues Blizzard implemented such as dungeons, pvp or raids. Its almost as if the intention was to give gear options OUTSIDE of those three normal methods.
    It's people like you that really get my goat!

    Ok are they optional? Yes/No

    Yes they are because you are not required to do them at all. Then again your not required to do anything you can create a toon and do nothing. Pay for the game for 8 years and still be level one and only log in to talk to other people! That kind of narrow minded is what has brought this game to the decaying state that its in.

    No, I would say a lot of people do not think they are optional. I've been playing since WoLTK and there was no "VP Gear you had to have Rep with". VP gear was PURCHASED THROUGH VALOR POINTS!!!". There was Rep gear that you could get to get you into Heroics/Raids faster that you bought with GOLD once you reached a certain reputation status with a faction. They removed the head enchants through rep which I actually agreed with and liked to be honest.

    The whole fact of the matter if you want to be a raider you have to do a list of things.

    #1 Race to max level
    #2 Run as many dailies you can to get your rep up to Rev/Exhalted with ALL Factions as fast as possible for 489 gear
    #3 Run as many Heroics as you can to replace your Questing gear
    #4 To get to Heroics most people buy PVP gear to reach the ilvl required.
    #5 Run every single LFR possible 1 time a week to get out of PVP/Heroic gear to actually do better in Raids.
    #6 Kill Sha/Galleon atleast once a week for a chance at loot.

    Yes I do understand these are all OPTIONAL but if you want to be in a good raiding guild/group where you actually progress you are forced to do almost every single one of those things. NOT only did they cut down on the JP/VP we get from dungeons so if we didn't want to do dailies they took away our tabards!!! WHICH was the other way we got away from doing all the dailies!!! Run tons of dungeons get your JP/VP to buy the gear you needed and to help offset the slow pace of VP we used Rep Gear to Fill in the ilvl gap between JP/VP gear. Then we also had to pray to RNG god for LFR gear to replace the JP/Rep Gear. Go back to the way WOLTK/Cata was with LFR Loot, Tabards, VP requirements.. I'm sorry but they are destroying the game slowly. Yes I do know people will not agree with me, some will but this is my opinion and you can't tell me I'm wrong because its my opinion not yours. I spend 2 hours each day doing ALL the dailies I can, Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, August Celestial, Shado-Pan, Anglers, Tillers, Order of the Cloud Serpant, Argent Tournament, Cooking Dailies, and then its like there is no way in hell I'm wanting to do a single dungeon, or LFR. Hell after doing those 2 hours a day I don't even want to be ingame anymore! Not to mention how they screwed up Professions.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    if they unlock valor gear from rep they'd need to find something else to lock them behind. Valor gear was far too accessible in Cata.
    I feel like it is already locked behind the 1k per week cap. The rep is a second lock, and one that feels like overkill. I agree that in Cata it was bad that you got 359's just for wearing a tabard, so I don't want that back either.

    Another idea is to make dailies a little more fun and a mini-game ish. The "rolling over the ramparts" daily for GL was not nearly as annoying as after trying to grind up 10 gazelle steaks.

    PS, would anyone mind them going to 100% drop rates? Of all the things I hated about dailies, it was something like the "perfect eye" from the swamp monsters in that Klaxxi daily. That must have been 15% or so, and it was like an extra little eff u from Blizz.
    Last edited by Descolada; 2012-11-15 at 08:15 PM.

  6. #106
    One of these threads again, yawn. Don't do them then. You don't *NEED* the gear from them. And if you think you do, you can buy ton of shit with honored already, which is basically normal quests for the said factions + couple days of dailies.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Klaxxi and Golden Lotus take 2 hours? WTF are you doing?
    Probably doing the dailies during peak hours.

    I know I have 'wasted' a good about of time flying around looking for cannons (for the one Golden Lotus daily) that weren't already destroyed....or looking for a Mogu that isn't already engaged (for the consistent Golden Lotus daily).

    I know I have killed a lot of mobs when we have to collect dropped items (tongues, turtle meat, the perfect eye)

    If you have bad drop rates, or are doing them on a crowed server during peak hours it can take some time to grind out the dailies.
    "You give us money, we give you content" -- Russ Brown, VP of Developement for Rift
    Something some MMO companies seem to have forgotten.

    Golyr - Faeblight / Golgarax - Argent Dawn

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Descolada View Post
    I feel like it is already locked behind the 1k per week cap. The rep is a second lock, and one that feels like overkill.
    The odd existence of the two locks is one reason I'm suspecting they're going to be adding a VP for $ shop.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcD3vil View Post
    It's people like you that really get my goat!

    Ok are they optional? Yes/No

    Yes they are because you are not required to do them at all. Then again your not required to do anything you can create a toon and do nothing. Pay for the game for 8 years and still be level one and only log in to talk to other people! That kind of narrow minded is what has brought this game to the decaying state that its in.

    No, I would say a lot of people do not think they are optional. I've been playing since WoLTK and there was no "VP Gear you had to have Rep with". VP gear was PURCHASED THROUGH VALOR POINTS!!!". There was Rep gear that you could get to get you into Heroics/Raids faster that you bought with GOLD once you reached a certain reputation status with a faction. They removed the head enchants through rep which I actually agreed with and liked to be honest.

    The whole fact of the matter if you want to be a raider you have to do a list of things.

    #1 Race to max level
    #2 Run as many dailies you can to get your rep up to Rev/Exhalted with ALL Factions as fast as possible for 489 gear
    #3 Run as many Heroics as you can to replace your Questing gear
    #4 To get to Heroics most people buy PVP gear to reach the ilvl required.
    #5 Run every single LFR possible 1 time a week to get out of PVP/Heroic gear to actually do better in Raids.
    #6 Kill Sha/Galleon atleast once a week for a chance at loot.

    Yes I do understand these are all OPTIONAL but if you want to be in a good raiding guild/group where you actually progress you are forced to do almost every single one of those things. NOT only did they cut down on the JP/VP we get from dungeons so if we didn't want to do dailies they took away our tabards!!! WHICH was the other way we got away from doing all the dailies!!! Run tons of dungeons get your JP/VP to buy the gear you needed and to help offset the slow pace of VP we used Rep Gear to Fill in the ilvl gap between JP/VP gear. Then we also had to pray to RNG god for LFR gear to replace the JP/Rep Gear. Go back to the way WOLTK/Cata was with LFR Loot, Tabards, VP requirements.. I'm sorry but they are destroying the game slowly. Yes I do know people will not agree with me, some will but this is my opinion and you can't tell me I'm wrong because its my opinion not yours. I spend 2 hours each day doing ALL the dailies I can, Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, August Celestial, Shado-Pan, Anglers, Tillers, Order of the Cloud Serpant, Argent Tournament, Cooking Dailies, and then its like there is no way in hell I'm wanting to do a single dungeon, or LFR. Hell after doing those 2 hours a day I don't even want to be ingame anymore! Not to mention how they screwed up Professions.
    What gets our goats is people that see the facts yet can't seem to grasp that they are facts. This is not about people having the option to do nothing, you can stop trying to deflect what we are saying. We don't have an opinion, we have facts. You can (and people have done so and posted about it) gear up without doing a single daily. Just because you don't want to accept facts does not mean that they are opinions.

    Perhaps if you are burned out doing all the possible dailies at once you should of considered doing 1 or 2 at a time so you don't go on a nerd rage? Even if you unlocked all the valor gear in 2 weeks you would not be able to buy everything in 4-6 months due to weekly valor cap. I have only purchased 3 pieces of valor gear myself which at minimum would require getting exalted with 2 factions in 6 weeks.

    You don't need everything unlocked asap because you cant possibly buy everything asap.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcD3vil View Post
    Yes I do understand these are all OPTIONAL but if you want to be in a good raiding guild/group where you actually progress you are forced to do almost every single one of those things.
    Meh, that's not true. Most "good" raiding guild/groups progressed just fine prior to getting rep gear. What you seem to mean is that you are in a mediocre raiding group that relies more on gear, and less on skill. Thus, you need to maximize your gear to make up for your lack of skill.

  11. #111
    Brewmaster dryankem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    Having not played WoW for about 9 months i decided to come back to MoP. This expansion is killing me the daily quests for rep grind is ridiculous to me what is the reason for this much dailies and how do you think this is fun. In my guild not sure about everyone elses it makes for a rather dull environment as everyone comes on at different times its hard to wait and group up for these dailies as everyone is just trying to get these done. This can take about 2 hours maybe more to complete. In the past you did a few dailies which were quick then you could run a few dungeons with guildmates and thats good because if you dont raid this was the only way to get to know one another and earn respect or build relationships. Now its just a pure grind and yes i have read its your choice to do this and all but I call BS because you have tied rep to gear so yea it sucks. Again....what was the intention and how can anyone consider this to be good for the game.
    Do the same as you did in the past, do a few dailies then run a few dungeons. Why did you change your habits just because there is no cap on dailies?

    Man this is tiring, fine you have to do dailies every day!! You HAVE to EVERY SINGLE DAILY!!!! If you don't get EXALTED with EVERY FACTION in the FIRST 2 MONTH THEN YOU ARE SCRUB!! Especially since you're casual, you had better get all the reps up before December or you'll be sorry (if you don't then when you finally need to spend vp, you wont have a dozen options and heck 5.1 won't have anything to spend VP on).
    Last edited by dryankem; 2012-11-15 at 08:23 PM.

  12. #112
    The only issues I have with dailies are having to grind Golden Lotus before Shado-Pan and August Celestials, you should have access to all from the start so you have a free choice which you would like to work on.

    I also think that unlocking the vendors on one character should do it on ALL characters on that account, my alts are sitting on VP caps already and I don't have the time to play them plus to dailies on each, even with the changes coming in 5.1 it's not good enough.

    But I do like that it's not an easy grind, you do feel a sense of accomplishment when you hit Exalted. I just think they should be a bit more accommodating to those that dislike dailies.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    as i said i don't mind the rep grind heck I'm almost done on all my max level chars exalted on my main revered on alts bar cloud serpent its only golden lotus i hate their quests are really boring ill be honest with you i enjoy FISHING more that those but in order to get to reps i need for my enchanter i need to do them, if the golden lotus quests were more interesting i wouldn't care at all
    Well I hate running dungeons... after the first week of wow they are just boring, provide 0 challenge and utterly repetitive...
    But I don't go on forums complaining and asking ppl to remove them from the game and mail me the gear and valor I may need...
    Still after getting all my reps up and having all the gear I need I still run them to cap the valor....

    At least after I've done my rep grind I don't need to do the dailies ever again... while we all know we will still be running the same lame 5 man instances in 2 years from now just to cap the valor points...

  14. #114
    Same thing for me. Havent played in over a year and the dailies are killing me. I cant get good jewelcrafting or enchanting recipes without doing a HARDCORE amount of dailies. Not sure I want to play anymore if its going to be like this.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by jfuze View Post
    Same thing for me. Havent played in over a year and the dailies are killing me. I cant get good jewelcrafting or enchanting recipes without doing a HARDCORE amount of dailies. Not sure I want to play anymore if its going to be like this.
    What recipes are you talking about... 99% are out of any rep vendor or...
    you're just complaning about the very few who require rep? like JC mounts and the 3 weapon 3 bracers enchants?
    plus they are at revered... not even exalted... GG


    I'll just explain it to you... what makes them better than the rest and better for selling and making gold, is that It takes some effort to get... else everyone will have them in their encanting/JC alt...


    and why did you stop wow? let me guess? there was nothing to do?
    Last edited by elderamy; 2012-11-15 at 08:35 PM.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    Well, let's be clear. You get to honored with everyone through questing.
    Not quite true.

    You are roughly 1700 or so through neutral with the Golden Lotus when you can start their dailies
    You have roughly 800 with the August Celestrials when you open up their faction.
    You are roughly 5000 through friendly with Shado-Pan due to quests (at least I was, and I have loremaster of panderia, so I don't think I missed too many quests)
    Finally, you are correct with Klaxxi, you get to roughly 3100 through honored via quests alone.
    "You give us money, we give you content" -- Russ Brown, VP of Developement for Rift
    Something some MMO companies seem to have forgotten.

    Golyr - Faeblight / Golgarax - Argent Dawn

  17. #117
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    Well I hate running dungeons... after the first week of wow they are just boring, provide 0 challenge and utterly repetitive...
    But I don't go on forums complaining and asking ppl to remove them from the game and mail me the gear and valor I may need...
    Still after getting all my reps up and having all the gear I need I still run them to cap the valor....

    At least after I've done my rep grind I don't need to do the dailies ever again... while we all know we will still be running the same lame 5 man instances in 2 years from now just to cap the valor points...
    i didnt come here to ask for dailies to be removed but for charms to be added else but that wont happen so ive sound enjoyable rep dailies i can do to get the charms but i just wish they were more exciting for example sending us to different locations for all 3 sets and not sending us only to the golden stairs for the 1st set, even just doing that would keep me happy, golden lotus is the only faction the doesn't completely randomize their dailies location

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The odd existence of the two locks is one reason I'm suspecting they're going to be adding a VP for $ shop.
    Funny thing, I was playing some f2p MMO projects where you either grind like chinese farmer or donate and play like a normal man. Man, was I glad I had WoW to play without any such issues. Now it feels like you pay to never play, as all that grind just doesn't give any time to really play (and I am dreading 5.1 patch for reasons I explained before). I don't mind Blizzard selling VP/rep for $, but then game must go f2p. This kind of completely unrewarding grind (grand example of it was in original Allods Online before they changed systems with expansion few times) just to stay competitive with current content is a feature of f2p games, not p2p.

  19. #119
    I don't really mind dailies all that much on one character. It takes a little over an hour to do Anglers, Tillers, Golden Lotus, Cloud Serpent, Shado Pan, and August Celestials on one character and thats not really that bad.
    But here is the rub...multiply that by SIX!

    Doing dailies on six characters that is over six hours of game time just doing dailies. I don't have six hours of my day to devote to this game each day. Not to mention four other characters that are still stuck at level 85 cause I just do not have the time to level them up.

    The 2-3 hours a day of play time that I get I try to get at least three characters through the daily rep grind. Not for gear but because I would like to max out my alts professions which require patterns locked away behind rep requirements.

    Whether or not it is a requirement to do dailies or not is not necessarily the issue. And while I agree that technically there is not a need to do dailies for all the reasons stated here and elsewhere, I (and a large portion of the population) feel compelled to do them for a variety of reasons.

    I want to do the dailies and get all the rewards associated with the factions, but I also want to do dungeons, scenarios, raids, pet battles, pvp...etc but right now those two wants are mutually exclusive.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    Not quite true.

    You are roughly 1700 or so through neutral with the Golden Lotus when you can start their dailies
    You have roughly 800 with the August Celestrials when you open up their faction.
    You are roughly 5000 through friendly with Shado-Pan due to quests (at least I was, and I have loremaster of panderia, so I don't think I missed too many quests)
    Finally, you are correct with Klaxxi, you get to roughly 3100 through honored via quests alone.
    well I'm sure I was honored with shadow pan just by doing quests... (but i'm human :P) don't really remember the rest
    Last edited by elderamy; 2012-11-15 at 08:37 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •