Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    Resons to do daily quests:

-Lesser charms (90 -> 3 greater charms)

Lesser charms: I think I read that there's a total of 45 dailys you can do each day... so you can do all the dailys 2 out of the 7 days a week and get that, or do a few each day and again get the 90 you need easly. Some of us have even got more than we need (did all dailys from day 2 of MoP untill i hit exalted with all, so i have over 1k of them stocked up, like a lot of other peoples)

So all in all: You DON'T need to do all the dailys *every day* even if you need VP cap/VP items... cause you will get honored/revered LONG before you get enough valor to buy all the gear anyway.

*edit*
    so basically u still need to do dailies after revered /exalted for these? sorry but i don't want to do anymore dailies after i hate exalted/revered but i still want charms

give me another way to get charms and ill be happy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    so basically u still need to do dailies after revered /exalted for these? sorry but i don't want to do anymore dailies after i hate exalted/revered but i still want charms

Charms are for people that have time for daily quests. They're not mandatory, you don't want to work for them, you don't get them.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    I say allow tabards and dungeoning for rep and valor. cap the tabard the same way the dailies are capped. This way you can choose to do it your way and not just hit exalted in 1 day. Then you can have your choice without any "offset" advantages.
    add the charms to that and cap them at say 125 a week and im set

but i still want charms
    So put in the effort to get them. None of us are entitled to them. They are a reward for completing a process. Until Blizz decides IF they will offer another method, you're gonna be just as special as the rest of us who don't mind putting in the time for the ultimate benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There are three reasons:

1) LFR has turned out to be unenjoyable.

3) Few of my friends who left in Cata have come back.

I will probably be heading back to Rift soon, which I didn't think I was going to do.
    These two have nothing to do with daily quests and I can understand as completely viable reasons for quitting. I've enjoyed LFR this time around. Not as faceroll as before, but not too hard that an less coordinated LFR group can't manage them.

2) The game has become much grindier, and I don't mean rep, I mean VP. With VP upgrades, the grind will never end The ilvl upgrade system is pure poison to the game, although you apparently don't realize it.
    You grind 4000 VP to buy legs and chest.
    You grind 4000 VP to upgrade your current legs and chest and you can't upgrade them further.

I don't see how the grind would never end. There is /no/ valor gear so you'll spend valor upgrading what's already dropped instead. Sure, the OCD who believe every single slot must be upgraded to max are going to grind endlessly, but seriously a lot of the complaints are founded on lack of self moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Charms are for people that have time for daily quests. They're not mandatory, you don't want to work for them, you don't get them.
    i have worked for them by getting to exalted with almost all factions on my main why should i do more dailies after that stupid implementation is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    You grind 4000 VP to buy legs and chest.
    You grind 4000 VP to upgrade your current legs and chest and you can't upgrade them further.

I don't see how the grind would never end.
    You know about the VP ilvl upgrading feature coming in 5.1, right? To fully upgrade 16 slots will require 24 weeks of VP.

As you say though, we don't have to upgrade everything. But if we give up gearing, why not just give up at the start? And indeed, that is just what I'm doing, by unsubscribing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    How about story? Or entry into the Guo-Lai Halls?
    If you're concerned about Story then you shouldn't have a problem doing the dailies. The Guo-Lai Halls are tied in with the story so not sure why you made that a separate issue.

I really... really do not understand why people think they are *forced* to do dailies??? you can do MV without ever touching dailies. Just doing heroics, sha, and LFRs you can get more then geared up to do regular MV rather quickly after hitting 90. I did a few bosses into MV without touching LFR/sha, just in heroic gear and was just fine in there healing.

No single person is forced to do the dailies. You do not need the valor gear at all. Sure it can be helpful for that bit of an extra boost to your over all gear, but it isnt needed. I do dailies for klaxxi and tillers maybe 2 days a week, just because i want the scorpion mount, and because i do a lot of cooking and such(plus the extra crafting mats will be nice). The only reason i will ever do the other reps is to get their mounts at some point, as i do collect them. In that regard its pretty standard to have to grind out the rep in this fashion(like TBC rep mounts).

So dont do that dailies if you dont like to do them... no one is forcing you to do them. Do your weekly LFRs(no shortage of them right now), do some heroic dungeons to get all pieces up to that ilvl, and do sha once a week. Sure vp gear is nice... but not needed and would be replaced in raids anyways.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Why exactly? Because you can't get gear handed to you from a vendor?

In a few weeks we have 5.1 which is likely going to be the end and death of valor gear. There wasn't supposed to be, and shouldn't have been, valor gear at launch at all, but Blizzard was afraid their players were incapable of adapting to new systems that are basically improvements on the systems that pulled in players.

So far they've been proven right. Our playerbase freaks out over every little change.

I think they should have just pulled the trigger, abandoned valor gear entirely, and implemented ilvl upgrade right off the bat.
    iLvl upgrade is an absolutely terrible idea. People like getting something new, they won't feel the same excitement at upgrading something they already have. The system itself is fine, but the game will be less fun when your points are going to enhancements rather than something new. Perception is huge, and this system will be less psychologically rewarding. The thrill of the new piece of gear is a huge psychological cookie in WoW and they are taking away the rush.

Dailies are only required if you want to get the maximum benefit out of your professions, you can get the professions perks without doing them and someone else can make everything you need for you.

Honestly I am sick and tired of seeing people cry about it as you do not need to do dailies to advance any other aspect of your character and the only thing dailies act as a gate for these days is .... more dailies and a few plans/schematics/recipes for professions that I am sure several other people in your guild could create for you if you needed them.

every Xpac people complain about more and more retarded things, you want shitty dailies that are required to progress go do TBC content, the very same content the majority of you asshats claim was so great.

Bet come this time next year people will be complaining about how tedious seeking out a cooking fire or an anvil to craft is ruining their gaming experience.
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-11-15 at 07:37 PM.

Deleted
    i have worked for them by getting to exalted with almost all factions on my main why should i do more dai8lies after that stupid implementation is stupid
    I'll say it again. Charms aren't mandatory, if you want them, work for them. Getting MoP factions to exalted isn't that bad, it's actually very easy. If you want Charms only for this, then i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    so, 42 days of grinding daily quests....that are tedious and boring...that is a waste of time imo. I could do other things like say play call of duty blops 2, halo 4, darksiders 2, go outside, go to the gym etc etc and the funny part is everything i just mentioned is a LOT more fun than these dailys. I refuse to do them on my alts even with the rep buff in 5.1. I absolutely loathe this system in mop and amazingly it is the only thing i hate about the expansion. It needs to be fixed and fixed asap, I understand they want to bring people out to the world, but daily quest grind should not be the way they do it. Once everyone is exalted this will just turn into a hang in whichever shrine you belong to and que for everything anyways.
    How much time do you think it takes to do your dailies lol? People act as if it is hours upon hours to complete dailies. The amount of whining by bads would be more than enough to complete your dailies for the day so go do that and stop your whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You know about the VP ilvl upgrading feature coming in 5.1, right? To fully upgrade 16 slots will require 24 weeks of VP.

As you say though, we don't have to upgrade everything. But if we give up gearing, why not just give up at the start? And indeed, that is just what I'm doing, by unsubscribing.
    I guess if someone is dedicated enough to upgrade, they will do it without complaint. It's the "entitled" crew I am more concerned about hearing from

Sorry but if you can't even afford to spendt 2-3 hours a week to get 3 extra free chances of gear on boss kills, then you don't deserve it imo...

What you just wrote looks like this im my eyes: "I have to do more work more after i got rewarded for it a first time? Sorry but i don't want to do more work, but i still want to get more rewards"

If you wan't more charms for extra loot chance, sure, but then you actually should have to work for it. Not just go "I want extra lewt, gimme coins"

And this isn't just for you.... this is for everyone expecting loot without doing anything.

So all in all: You DON'T need to do all the dailys even if you need VP cap/VP items... cause you will get honored/revered LONG before you get enough valor to buy all the gear anyway.
    Don't mislead people. A lot of players are sitting on 3k useless points, because you will end up with deep psychic trauma after doing highly antisocial dailies.

And thanks, Kezotar, for illustrative math.

To Osmeric, on point 1. Pointed it quite nice. Yeah, most people don't realize it yet lol, that they need 2 weeks of intense VP grinding to upgrade just 1 piece of gear. 23 weeks to upgrade whole set by valor capping each week (weekly valor cap equals to 40 raid boss kills, so raiding will be far from sufficient). Don't worry, when you finally upgrade it, there will be new tier deeming all that grind being complete waste of time. Oh and forget about offspec gear, when you will upgrade it it will be another expansion already. Oh and you won't be able to plan what to upgrade and what not due to hard VP cap and lottery system of rewards.

It became a pure rat races based on Skinner model. If you will not rush to weekly valor cap and grind dailies you will fall behind. And if not, it will be like as in Carroll's book:

"Well, in out country," said Alice, still panting a little, "you'd generally get to somewhere else - if you ran very fast for a long time, as we've been doing."
    "A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"

Alice, Through the Looking Glass
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-11-15 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    I say allow tabards and dungeoning for rep and valor. cap the tabard the same way the dailies are capped. This way you can choose to do it your way and not just hit exalted in 1 day. Then you can have your choice without any "offset" advantages.
    The reason Blizzard will not do that is that it would make the dailies obsolete. The dungeons at that point would become far too rewarding to even bother with dailies, so much that even the people who don't mind doing them, or the people that hate chain-running heroics, would not bother with the dailies because the rewards from grinding dungeons would be far too great.

They are already talking about a tabard-like system that would allow you to gain at least some rep through dungeons only, though we might not see it until 5.2. That is probably the best you will get. Blizzard has been very firm regarding their stance that the dailies are not going away. So much so, in fact, that it seems they will be doubling down on them come 5.1 and the addition of 2 new factions, both with sets of dailies.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I'll say it again. Charms aren't mandatory, if you want them, work for them. Getting MoP factions to exalted isn't that bad, it's actually very easy. If you want Charms only for this, then i don't know.
    i want the charms for the extra chance at normal mode raiding loot, ill soon be done with lfr gear on my main, but when my charm stock runs dry ill have to do dailies again, i don't mind the rep grind its the charms that bother me

on another note im almost revered with all 4 gear factions with all my 90's but the charms worry me.....

the only factions dailies i hate is golden lotus which locks the enchants from my enchanter when he dings 90
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-15 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    You dont have to do the daily quests if you dont want to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    so, 42 days of grinding daily quests....that are tedious and boring...that is a waste of time imo. I could do other things like say play call of duty blops 2, halo 4, darksiders 2, go outside, go to the gym etc etc and the funny part is everything i just mentioned is a LOT more fun than these dailys. I refuse to do them on my alts even with the rep buff in 5.1. I absolutely loathe this system in mop and amazingly it is the only thing i hate about the expansion. It needs to be fixed and fixed asap, I understand they want to bring people out to the world, but daily quest grind should not be the way they do it. Once everyone is exalted this will just turn into a hang in whichever shrine you belong to and que for everything anyways.
    Are you saying you want more gear with less work?

If you like console games (/cringe), go play console games.

Stop playing if you "absolutely loathe" mop.