Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Do you know what worry me the most? is that when the new raids came out, and new Valor gear is available, they may put that gear into those rep requirements, and if you don't have that rep you are screwed.

Imaging you didn't do any daily's.
    You went to 5 man HC and profs gear to go raid. You now have raid gear you never touched daily's.
    New patch gets here with new raid and new Valor gear.
    New Valor gear has rep requirements ´
    You have unlucky drops in raid.
    you are now screwed because you haven't touched daily's.

This is scary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i want the charms for the extra chance at normal mode raiding loot, ill soon be done with lfr gear on my main, but when my charm stock runs dry ill have to do dailies again, i don't mind the rep grind its the charms that bother me

on another note im almost revered with all 4 gear factions with all my 90's but the charms worry me.....
    Wanna extra roll? Wanna extra epixs? Work for it. If you can't afford 45 minutes per day on daily quests, then you don't deserve it.

so basically u still need to do dailies after revered /exalted for these? sorry but i don't want to do anymore dailies after i hate exalted/revered but i still want charms

give me another way to get charms and ill be happy
    If you had actually repped to exalted, you would be complaining about all the lesser charms you have instead of worrying about needing more lesser charms.

Deleted
    Considering OP has said that his aim was to discuss the social implications of dailies I'll answer from my PoV.

I disagree that it harms guildies. Quite a bit quicker to team up with a few guildies, jump into TS/vent/skype/mumble/etc., have some laughs whilst getting the dailies done. I probably spend more time doing stuff in game with my guildies than I did before.

I tend to find people complaining about being forced to do dailies are not bright enough to actually look and see what the alternatives are, they would rather spend their time complaining rather than doing. You can get honored valor gear without doing a single daily while leveling up and you can get into raids without valor gear. You can raid without doing a single daily. You can get valor in heroic dungeons(80/40) and lfr (90 each!). You can do everything in the game except coins without doing a single daily. Once you unlock all the lfr you can get 6 lfr for 90 valor each (540 valor in one day, not counting any heroic dungeons you may do.) and you will have a 15% chance on every boss for 17 bosses (Sha of hatred included)to get LFR loot each week which is almost a gauranteed 2-3 pieces a week. Thats not even counting the world boss in 4 winds.

Tabards rep grinds never made sense, you get rep for wild hammer while helping neptulon at the bottom of the ocean just for wearing a wild hammer jersey? You get loot, rep, valor and justice points all in one place and you never have to experience the game, just sit in a capital city and que up? Then you sit there and cry that you have nothing to do?

I would prefer to have too much to do that I can't play all my alts than having nothing to do forcing me to play 4 alts to keep busy for 1 week.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Klaxxi and Golden Lotus take 2 hours? WTF are you doing?
    I was thinking the same exact thing! with 2 hours you should be able to do Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Shado-Pan & August Celestials. If I were going that slow the dailies would be killing me too. Basically, you want to do those 4 up until revered to unlock all the VP items. Whether you go to exalted or not is a choice to make IF you want additional rewards like mounts, exalted questlines that reward a ring or neck, etc. People that want those things will continue to do dailies till exalted, but it's a lot easier if you prioritize and focus on just 1 or 2 factions for dailies. If you try doing them all, it WILL get very boring and repetitive and it's unnecessary.

Completionists will continue doing Shado-Pan, Golden Lotus, Nat Pagle, etc. LONG after they hit exalted as there are a bunch of achievements you can get while doing dailies in those factions and you won't likely get them all before you hit exalted. If that is not your thing, though, nobody is forcing you to do that.

I don't mind doing 2 or 3 factions of dailies per day, and it takes me less than an hour, but I'm only doing them now in the quest for exalted, mounts, achievements, etc. Revered was reached quite a while ago. Also, while flying out to and doing Shado-Pan/Klaxxi area I usually kill 1 or 2 rare elites for bing bing bing: free bags of goods=profit.

My only gripe is the space for storing my Lesser Coins...I have over 1,000 and that's taking up 6 bank slots...looking forward to currency status on those in 5.1 Mind you I've been turning in the 90 coin quest item every week and still have all those extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Wanna extra roll? Wanna extra epixs? Work for it. If you can't afford 45 minutes per day on daily quests, then you don't deserve it.

so let me guess ud rather do dailies every day for those charms if u wanted them, i could earn them in other ways in the same amount of time with sanarios and dungeons while i'm chasing achievements. so there's more than possible way to earn them m8

also depending on the factions you chose to do its not 45 mins

ok so if my math is correct 90/7=14

so going with that what faction/factions has the the least time taken to get 14 baring in mind that i think the golden lotus dailies are mindnubing?
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-15 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I would prefer to have too much to do that I can't play all my alts than having nothing to do forcing me to play 4 alts to keep busy for 1 week.
    I agree. Too many armor polishers rush to end game and then have nothing better to do than troll Trade chat while waiting for a queue to pop.
    Last edited by GnomercyBeastmaster; 2012-11-15 at 07:49 PM.

I really don't get the complains about dailies,

To me, having to grinding in an MMO... In WoW or whatever is natural...
    - you have to grind mats for pots/flasks/enchants/professions etc or just gold to get it...
    - you have to grind XP to level up
    - You have to grind Honor for PVP gear
    - You have to grind Conquest Points for PVP gear
    - You have to grind rep for factions
    - You have to grind valor for PVE gear
    - You have to grind dungeons for heroic rare gear
    - You have to grind dailies for coins
    - You have to grind Raids for EPICs

Face it... An MMO is a way to consume your time, doing the same thing over and over just to get some pixels...
    Grinding is and has always been in the essence of an MMO... And everything is optional... you can or not do it...

Just because at some point in time they made the bad decision of removing rep grind from the game doesn't mean it has to stay forever...
    I understand that ppl would like a button to push that would get them a 90 toon fully epic with gold and all the items in the game in bank...
    But where's the fun of it? If you don't work for stuff what's the point in having it?
    It's like playing a game with invulnerability or god mode? what's the fun?

This is the worst post I've seen in here...

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    This is simply not a realistic point of view, because anyone serious about maximizing their raid performance is going to try to get every possible advantage as early as possible, and with the way this game is designed, that compels them to spend a massive amount of time grinding content that was supposedly tailored to "casuals".

Having the organization/skill to be able to start raiding seriously right off the bat does not automatically put you in the most effective possible gear, so there is always incentive even months into the raiding game to fill in gaps with the grind-y casual gear. Just because the top guilds in the world clear heroic modes super fast in almost no gear does not mean this is not an issue for the next lower tier of very skilled raiders.

So by suggesting "don't do them", what you're really suggesting is that very serious raiders stop being serious. Which is a perfectly valid opinion, but you have to understand that people that are serious about maximizing their performance in this content are forced to do these grinds to be serious about maximizing their performance, and as much as the blue posters want to pretend that it's all "optional" and trivialize these concerns, if you want to perform at the highest possible level, nothing is optional.
    If you are, and I quote "serious about maximizing their raid performance" and "very serious raider" yes you are expected to put a lot of effort into it... It has always been like that and it will always be... Those that invest more time and effort on stuff and those who get the edge and go more far...

Its funny how ppl complain about grinding dailies as if grinding was a new thing in this (and) similar games. Just shows how casual and free loot wow was for the last 2 expansions... PPl just got too used to AH farming and not actually playing the game...

TBH, I think its not enough... I'm already exalted with all factions and it wasn't even that hard... did most of them with 3 friends an they were kinda fun, mostly since I'm on a PVP server... Kinda miss more the old factions where you had to grind them for ages... and there was something different about someone who grinded that stuff... now nearly everyone has those damm exalted mounts...
    Last edited by elderamy; 2012-11-15 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so let me guess ud rather do dailies every day for those charms if u wanted them, i could earn them in other ways in the same amount of time with sanarios and dungeons while i'm chasing achievements. so there's more than possible way to earn them m8

2 charms per daily = 7 dailies a day.

You can do your Tiller dailies and a pair of Golden Lotus dailies in 30 minutes tops.

They're a REWARD (read once again - REWARD) for putting in extra effort in the game.

If you aren't putting in that extra effort, you don't deserve your reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    Considering OP has said that his aim was to discuss the social implications of dailies I'll answer from my PoV.

I disagree that it harms guildies. Quite a bit quicker to team up with a few guildies, jump into TS/vent/skype/mumble/etc., have some laughs whilst getting the dailies done. I probably spend more time doing stuff in game with my guildies than I did before.
    It can be an issue if you log on at different times to do dailies. I had a buddy for a while in the guild that we would log on and do Shado-Pan, Klaxxi at same time every day. It's surprising, though, I always tried to get a random group in /general for Golden Lotus and even though 20 people would be doing dailies at the same time in the Vale, hardly anybody would take me up on the offer to team up. When it happened, it would easily cut the time in half for both of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ferosanvilmar View Post
    It can be an issue if you log on at different times to do dailies. I had a buddy for a while in the guild that we would log on and do Shado-Pan, Klaxxi at same time every day. It's surprising, though, I always tried to get a random group in /general for Golden Lotus and even though 20 people would be doing dailies at the same time in the Vale, hardly anybody would take me up on the offer to team up. When it happened, it would easily cut the time in half for both of us.
    I grouped up with folks all the time when I was doing Golden Lotus. We usually had 2-3 "running" groups on Stormrage, where people filtered in and out when they completed stuff.

you dont need the rep grind if your are raiding, though the upgrades might help

capping valor w/o dailies or formal raiding:

4x LFR = 360 pts
    7x daily heroic = 560 pts
    2x daily scenario = 80 pts
    = 1000 pts.

If you want, do one or two factions worth of dailies each day/week/whenever you feel like it, in place of daily heroics or scenarios. Since you can only earn 1000 valor pts a week, and items cost either 1250 or 2250 valor pts, you're going to have to do dailies for multiple weeks anyway. Valor items are meant to take TIME and EFFORT. Everyone here complaining about dailies just sounds like they want free epics.

Oh yeah, social aspect ruined? What? Ask general chat for a group, instantly get full party and get quests done easily (mainly for Lotus, since they are the most tedious of the bunch).

Netherwing Rep was a GRIND.
    Consortium Rep was a GRIND.
    Argent Dawn was a GRIND.
    Brood of Nozdormu was a GRIND.
    Nagrand Horde/Alliance faction Rep was a GRIND.

These new MOP factions are simply rewards for completing dailies over time.

Also, I have over 1200 tokens, and I have been extremely lax about doing dailies. I got Tillers/Anglers/Cloud Serpent to Exalted, along with Klaxxi, and the others are all at Revered. These reps were so incredibly fast because the daily quests are easy and simple. I can skip dailies for the next THREE MONTHS and still have enough to keep burning 3 extra loot coins a week.

Anyone else feel like they have a legitimate complaint, feel free to post and get dismantled by logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is wrong wrong wrong.

Getting people out in the world is valueless by itself. It's only useful as an indicator if it's the result of enjoyable gameplay out in the world.

I have a name for this confusion of symptom and cause: cargo-cult game design. It's the same screwed up thinking that led Blizzard to think CRZ was a good idea.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but seeing people out in the world has been nice. Same with CRZ. You may not like it or care, but I do. Maybe the game is designed more for people like me, and less for people like you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    2 charms per daily = 7 dailies a day.

You can do your Tiller dailies and a pair of Golden Lotus dailies in 30 minutes tops.

They're a REWARD (read once again - REWARD) for putting in extra effort in the game.

If you aren't putting in that extra effort, you don't deserve your reward.
    reread my post mate i said i think that golden lotus dailies are mind numbing and boring so i wont do them, i suppose i can do anglers instead i quite enjoy the tillers dailies but i dont know how many charms their dailies give me will need to look.

I would like them to unlock valor gear from rep, but still make coins only available via dailies. That way, I still get a bonus from doing the dailies that others are too lazy to do. Facerolling dungeons is not effort, and is another reason why Blizz hated the tabard system.

Edit: If you are already exalted with everyone, good news! By the time your charms run out, you will have a new set of factions to start.

ok so if my math is correct 90/7=14

so going with that what faction/factions has the the least time taken to get 14 baring in mind that i think the golden lotus dailies are mindnubing?
    Thats exactly the problem... people want the factions for free... while they do the other stuff they already do, the rep just comes with no effort...
    Would rather that they just remove it than getting those lame tabards again...

Plus 45 mins? its even less... just get 4 more ppl, spam your guild or trade... and they are fast... the 40+ dailies that ppl talk about is just wrong...
    For gear wich is ppls complains, you only need 4 factions to revered and you can do 2 at a time... First you do golden lotus and kalaxxi to revered, then shadow pan and A.C. and these last 2 are even faster to do the dailies...

Plus for coins, the dailies give 2 coins so its actually 90/7/2=7 ... 6.4 quests a day... BIG EFFORT
    Last edited by elderamy; 2012-11-15 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Descolada View Post
    I would like them to unlock valor gear from rep, but still make coins only available via dailies. That way, I still get a bonus from doing the dailies that others are too lazy to do. Facerolling dungeons is not effort, and is another reason why Blizz hated the tabard system.

Edit: If you are already exalted with everyone, good news! By the time your charms run out, you will have a new set of factions to start.
    if they unlock valor gear from rep they'd need to find something else to lock them behind. Valor gear was far too accessible in Cata.

reread my post mate i said i think that golden lotus dailies are mind numbing and boring so i wont do them, i suppose i can do anglers instead i quite enjoy the tillers dailies but i dont know how many charms their dailies give me will need to look.
    ok theres 6 tillers dailies at 1 token per 3 anglers dailies at 2 tokens per that's 12 and i need 13 a week to get my elders i suppose i can do a cloud serpent quest for the last charm all tho on 3 of my alts ill be farming their reps anyway so i can use their mounts