Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Do you really think there is no such thing as a personal skill cap? Seriously?

Pointing to the top guilds is irrelevant and stupid. Didn't I already explain that?
    Apparently your explanation was so flawed I needed another one.

There's no personal cap to skill. It's how dedicated a person wants to be to their skill level. If they don't, ah well, they hold back the group then.

If they do, they man up and help progress the group.

Seems you have more of the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

If you don't like, then unsub - seriously not trying to be a dick here, but everyone else here is gonna give you shit. They're not changing the game, they're doubling down on it - save yourself some time and a lil change and find a game that hasn't become a Korean grinder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Better execution of the fight will make more of a difference than enchanting your gear, so why enchant your gear?

Better execution of the fight will make more difference than wearing pants, so why wear pants?

Better execution of the fight will make more difference than having a full raid group, so why have a full raid group?

The answer, of course, is that like football, raiding is a game of inches, so you don't leave any opportunity for advantage on the table.
    And if you're that dedicated do the dailies, hit revered with GL and Klaxxi and you'll have access to something like 4 pieces of VP gear. Depending onthe mix of gear, that will take about 5500-7000 VP. That's 5-7 weeks of VP. So you have 5-7 weeks to hit revered. Get to it.

What, you don't waaaannnaaa? Then you're not all that dedicated to raiding, are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    If people spent all the time they spend qq'ing about them doing the dalies they would be done by now. DONE! as in never having to do them again! After tomoz all i will have is the august dailies which take 5mins.
    Aye mate

The ironic thing is that dailies have to be something to do ostensible because people were bored in cataclysm. Yet all you blizzard defenders insist it's optional and that people shouldn't do them if they don't like them. Why? so they can go back to being bored like in cataclysm? Get your stories together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    The ironic thing is that dailies have to be something to do ostensible because people were bored in cataclysm. Yet all you blizzard defenders insist it's optional and that people shouldn't do them if they don't like them. Why? so they can go back to being bored like in cataclysm? Get your stories together.
    So you've finished every raid, scenario and dungeon and there's nothing left for you to do but dailies? Still sounds like a personal problem.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    running crappy dungeons i'd already cleare 20 times already for more rep was ruining my gaming experience.

it was boring to do the same dps as the other 4 people in my party and we all get equal rep.

now for the work i put in i get rep, if others dont they dont get rep.

seems like you just want everything handed on a plate, heroic dungeons are pathetic you cant even wipe.
    You can't wipe on daily quests either.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 10:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Still waiting for legitimate reasoning people are forced to do Dailies.

Seriously.

I've asked this question in every thread involving this shit.

No one gives me an argument that I can't poke holes through.

Come on, someone.

Seriously.
    I have to do dailies every day otherwise the Mogu might win.

Doing Shado-pan and Klaxxi, I don't even spend 1 hour if I focus. Before this I did ONLY Golden Lotus each day.

I fail to see where the problem is, if you can't bother with doing that little effort for gear then you shouldn't HAVE the gear. However, I'm happy to see the changes to rep gain speed with 5.1, and I hope they'll add other ways than dailies to gain VP outside of instances. Just because I like the dailies, that doesn't mean they shouldn't make changes for those that don't!

I think a lot of you people need to lose this "OMG NEED EVERYTHING TO EXALTED NOOOW!!!!"-attitude though. It belongs in Cataclysm. At this point in Cata, people were complaining they had nothing to do outside of raids. I believe we'll see more added, and they will make use of the feedback given from players unable to enjoy dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Guys, my brother gives me a penny every day if I stab myself in the face with a fork. It's very painful, and a major cause of stress. I can't stop stabbing myself in the face, though, because there are no other ways to earn money. Why does the world work this way?
    You're also giving your brother $15 a month for those pennies. Sort of would be nice if he gave you the choice of stabbing yourself or not stabbing yourself to earn that penny.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Doing Shado-pan and Klaxxi, I don't even spend 1 hour if I focus. Before this I did ONLY Golden Lotus each day.

I fail to see where the problem is, if you can't bother with doing that little effort for gear then you shouldn't HAVE the gear. However, I'm happy to see the changes to rep gain speed with 5.1, and I hope they'll add other ways than dailies to gain VP outside of instances. Just because I like the dailies, that doesn't mean they shouldn't make changes for those that don't!

I think a lot of you people need to lose this "OMG NEED EVERYTHING TO EXALTED NOOOW!!!!"-attitude though. It belongs in Cataclysm. At this point in Cata, people were complaining they had nothing to do outside of raids. I believe we'll see more added, and they will make use of the feedback given from players unable to enjoy dailies.
    Since when is it ok to criticize entitled casuals?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    So there's nothing else to do than to do dailies? If a person has that logic, then he's better off sticking to single-player games that he can replace whenever he encounters a task he dislikes.

I've done dailies for not even 2 hours these past 2 days since reset, and so far I have:

Ran 3 scenarios, 2 of them with friends.
    Raided MGV and HoF.
    Done a dungeon
    Tried my hand at Alani
    Pet Battles
    Soloed old instances
    A bit of PVP
    Leveled a toon a little bit
    Searched for rare spawns, namely those that drop pets.
    Sold stuff on the AH
    Explored areas I have not yet been to.

The dailies I've done these past 2 days together with the rest of my activities, has landed me over halfway to VP cap...and I don't break a sweat, I don't grind, I don't do stuff I don't want to do. Ordinary raiding can be switched for all parts of LFR to someone that doesn't raid.

Blizzard defender? Oh dear no...I've made some PRETTY toxic posts in my days on the forums about their reasoning. What I'm doing here, is defending logic and common sense. I got overwhelmed at first too, allowing the Cataclysm mentality to reign...but it cooled off and now I'm zen with the whole thing and having the most fun I've had in ages playing this game, and that's saying something since I've been subbed without fail since I started thanks to the fun I always have.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    You're also giving your brother $15 a month for those pennies. Sort of would be nice if he gave you the choice of stabbing yourself or not stabbing yourself to earn that penny.
    Ah, but you see, that's the beauty. There IS choice. If you are doing something that causes you pain...stop doing it. I realize that's hard for some folks.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    You can't wipe on daily quests either.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 10:11 PM ----------

I have to do dailies every day otherwise the Mogu might win.
    ....................You sir.

Win the forums for today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Canceled my account the other day due to them directly dictating my only course of play. I thought WoW was supposed to be an immersive world that allowed people to do enjoyable things when they log on. However the rep grind went from being the choice of dungeons, mob grind, item grind, AND dailies to ONLY dailies. Yeah yeah this has been said time in and time out, but the only thing I have done is log in and do dailies and by the time I am done with dailies I am bored since it takes so long to do the repetitive dailies day after day after day after day without any intermission. I have found myself lacking a reason to log in as the game just doesn't interest me anymore as it has turned into World of Dailycraft; Lets do it all again tomorrow! Just not the game I enjoyed in the past. I know people like it, and by all means fantastic. However the grind is worse and narrow than any time in WoWs history.

I do the dailys just for my Elder Charms on my alts. I figure "hey, My DK was able to do Mogu'shan vaults in full 463 gear with a few crafted items and now its doing heroic MV and HoF just find in a few weeks"

Also the Elder Charm system helped aleviate some of the stress of upgrades as my Monk is now 480 ilvl and my Hunter is 477. My monk even got drafted by another guild (they BEGGED me to join as they saw i was so geared XD I didnt contact them, they contacted me) and paid for my Xfer as well.

I'm trying to say, blaming the gear for you doing dailys is a BS excuse. I got almost NO gear from Vendors (Helm cape and Pants on DK, and Chest and Ring on Monk) The only reason I grinded for Exaulted was for the black cloud dragon and the Kite mounts. So dont burn yourself out, your not FORCED, and this is from someone who is now 3k VP on 3 toons with nothing to spend it on. Oh well, when 5.1 and the gear upgrader is released, THEN you can feel forced, but now, your not, just do the dailys for the faction you want gear from, and dont burn yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcream View Post
    Canceled my account the other day due to them directly dictating my only course of play. I thought WoW was supposed to be an immersive world that allowed people to do enjoyable things when they log on. However the rep grind went from being the choice of dungeons, mob grind, item grind, AND dailies to ONLY dailies. Yeah yeah this has been said time in and time out, but the only thing I have done is log in and do dailies and by the time I am done with dailies I am bored since it takes so long to do the repetitive dailies day after day after day after day without any intermission. I have found myself lacking a reason to log in as the game just doesn't interest me anymore as it has turned into World of Dailycraft; Lets do it all again tomorrow! Just not the game I enjoyed in the past. I know people like it, and by all means fantastic. However the grind is worse and narrow than any time in WoWs history.
    They added all the different dailies and stuff like Pet Battles, Farming etc. just so your playstyle WON'T get dictated. If you felt forced to do all of it, then you misunderstood the whole idea.

I love being able to choose which parts to work on. I can pick just one faction per day and focus on it, if it's weekend maybe you do all of them. After a while you have enough marks for a couple of weeks extra rolls, so you can skip dailies all those weeks if you like.

The 1000 valor/week cap means you only need reputation with one faction, and only for the items you don't get from drops in raids. So there is no rush to do all dailies, you won't be able to buy more than one item every two weeks on average anyway.

I just like all the choices we have now, it's up to everyone if they try to do just a few of them or grind them all.
    In the darkness all cats are gray...
    www.onyxsoft.se - Amigans never surrender, they know they can do it better =)

They really need to have people who have done 100% of the quests in that zone have a minimum of revered reputation. And I think its time they made reputations account bound if they don't do the first option.

Also how about bringing back classic reputations and just moving them into the next expansion. Maybe make both the Centaur or Shen'dralar become a reputation that people would have to grind. I was hoping old classic reputations would of been brought back for cata since it takes place in the old world but I guess not.

I think make reputations account bound or make people who do all zone quests start at an advantage. But I would prefer the account bound choice.

I think a big part of the reason for the dailies was because LFD is boring even for the casual guys it was designed for, LFR looks like it's not in much better shape, I don't know anyone that actually does it for storylines, just about everyone does it for upgrades - and in some ways it's worse than LFD because the boss fights are easy as hell and you don't have to learn mechanics, they just take a while to kill.

At least with dailies you are mixing it up and making it so people don't have to grind dungeons as much now. We always see vanilla bashers on mmo-champ, but honestly, a lot of the models set in vanilla were much better, in particular, the game pretty much being open ended. Now it seems most casuals can clear the LFR and valor cap stuff easily and get bored before the week is half way through and there's no tangible benefit to doing anything besides hang out on your mount in one of the cities. Sure you can tell them "well why don't you do the normal mode raids"... I don't think most of them really care though.

They're easy gold, they're fairly easy to complete (just think how much more of a breeze they'll be once epic tiers are released), uncomplicated but conversely enough to make you think, and far easier and less grind-esque in feel than the Netherwing quests or some of the other ones in TBC. And you get Valor badges.

What exactly is there to whine about?

Deleted
    People have become so burnt out on the dailies because they're approaching them all wrong. You don't need to cap everything every day or you'll be letting your guild down. Yeah, maybe for the first couple of weeks they were pretty important, but at this point you only earn 1000 valor a week and some items cost a lot more than that. If you do your dailies every day and cap absolutely everything, then you're unlocking gear from rep much faster than you accumulate the valor to buy it. I did my dailies for 3 weeks solid at the start of the expansion, every day since I hit 90, and every now and then I will do Klaxxi or something if I'm especially bored. I unlocked loads of gear, I've only just finished buying pretty much all of the gear I've unlocked. I've barely touched the dailies in ages, my gear isn't the best in the world, but that's mainly down to not getting raid drops rather than not going my grind. I've also still not run out of Lesser Charms at this point, I've nearly run out of them but I guess when I run out I'll have to start doing my dailies again if I want a chance at extra loot, and it's not like you have to do many dailies to get 90 per week.

If you're bored of dailies, then stop doing them, if you've been doing them solidly up until now then you won't really have any negative repercussions from stopping them at this point, you probably have pretty much everything you can get from them at this point anyway.And if you're in it for the cosmetic items or recipes and you're complaining about having to grind dailies to get them, then either give up on your reward or stop doing the work. It wouldn't be worth having these things if you didn't have to do some work for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, stop whining there is no reason to do them if you don't want them. They're not gating any other content, so if you don't like them, don't do them.