Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Each expansion has placed gear behind rep. The only exception was classic. They put patterns behind rep and then made you make your own gear. Not sure why Mists should be any different.

http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1204/avengers-of-hyjal
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=176361/c...wards-and-more
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Northrend_reputation_rewards
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Burning_Crus...tation_rewards
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Classic_reputation_rewards

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    If the valor gear is less important than in previous expansions, why did they feel the need to nerf all of the existing means of accumulating valor points?
    Because they added far more means of acquiring it. And to reinforce the idea that valor was no longer a primary gearing mechanic for people who raid anything higher than LFR. That's exactly why the raid bosses award next to no valor. The most efficient way to cap valor is to play as many aspects of the game as you have time for. Not focus on one activity to the exclusion of all other content. You still have the option of, for example, only running heroic dungeons and raids. But it will take a larger time investment overall to cap valor if that is what you want to do. And it will take a lot more effort than if you mixed up the types of activities you do.

That said, again if you do any raiding at all above LFR you could skip the valor entirely and not be held back that much by it.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcD3vil View Post
    It's people like you that really get my goat!

Ok are they optional? Yes/No

Yes they are because you are not required to do them at all. Then again your not required to do anything you can create a toon and do nothing. Pay for the game for 8 years and still be level one and only log in to talk to other people! That kind of narrow minded is what has brought this game to the decaying state that its in.

No, I would say a lot of people do not think they are optional. I've been playing since WoLTK and there was no "VP Gear you had to have Rep with". VP gear was PURCHASED THROUGH VALOR POINTS!!!". There was Rep gear that you could get to get you into Heroics/Raids faster that you bought with GOLD once you reached a certain reputation status with a faction. They removed the head enchants through rep which I actually agreed with and liked to be honest.

The whole fact of the matter if you want to be a raider you have to do a list of things.

#1 Race to max level
    #2 Run as many dailies you can to get your rep up to Rev/Exhalted with ALL Factions as fast as possible for 489 gear
    #3 Run as many Heroics as you can to replace your Questing gear
    #4 To get to Heroics most people buy PVP gear to reach the ilvl required.
    #5 Run every single LFR possible 1 time a week to get out of PVP/Heroic gear to actually do better in Raids.
    #6 Kill Sha/Galleon atleast once a week for a chance at loot.

Yes I do understand these are all OPTIONAL but if you want to be in a good raiding guild/group where you actually progress you are forced to do almost every single one of those things. NOT only did they cut down on the JP/VP we get from dungeons so if we didn't want to do dailies they took away our tabards!!! WHICH was the other way we got away from doing all the dailies!!! Run tons of dungeons get your JP/VP to buy the gear you needed and to help offset the slow pace of VP we used Rep Gear to Fill in the ilvl gap between JP/VP gear. Then we also had to pray to RNG god for LFR gear to replace the JP/Rep Gear. Go back to the way WOLTK/Cata was with LFR Loot, Tabards, VP requirements.. I'm sorry but they are destroying the game slowly. Yes I do know people will not agree with me, some will but this is my opinion and you can't tell me I'm wrong because its my opinion not yours. I spend 2 hours each day doing ALL the dailies I can, Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, August Celestial, Shado-Pan, Anglers, Tillers, Order of the Cloud Serpant, Argent Tournament, Cooking Dailies, and then its like there is no way in hell I'm wanting to do a single dungeon, or LFR. Hell after doing those 2 hours a day I don't even want to be ingame anymore! Not to mention how they screwed up Professions.
    Again.. you fail math

#2 is your downfall and where you show your ignorace. There is absolutely no reason to RACE to exalted, or even revered because you CANNOT BUY ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE VALOR!!!! By the time you have the valor to buy stuff from every vendor, you probably had 2 months of raiding done.. which means you already had the upgrade. You can ONLY EARN 1000 VP per week. if you were stupid and felt the need to be exalted with any reputations it is your fault.

Here is what you needed to do as a raider

1. Race to 90
    2. Do a crapload of heroics to get that gear
    3. Do GL dailes every day for the first 2 weeks ( make sure you are capping VP and getting 3 lucky charms)
    4. Do LFR the first 2 weeks it was available

That is all. The other stuff isn´t ´optional´ it is ´stupid´. If you did stupid things, don´t blame it on the game. Let me ask you.. after two weeks (2k valor).. and you had all 4 rep gear vendors unlocked.. how many items could you buy? ONE!!!! So what is the point of grinding all 4 factions? you can still only buy 1 item.. same as me.. heck, the fact is you should have had 2 reps at honored.. so you probably didn´t even need to have ANYTHING to revered for about a month.

Math is hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    wrong. Every daily gives 2 coins. The cooking daily gives a cooking token AND 2 coins. The only exception to this is the one quest from the guy on your farm, and the breadcrumb quest for AC that sends you to the correct temple.
    All the quests that you get from the individual Tillers like http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30325 gives ONE coin.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    Each expansion has placed gear behind rep. The only exception was classic. They put patterns behind rep and then made you make your own gear. Not sure why Mists should be any different.

http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1204/avengers-of-hyjal
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=176361/c...wards-and-more
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Northrend_reputation_rewards
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Burning_Crus...tation_rewards
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Classic_reputation_rewards
    because "hardcores" dont want to raid with the crappy heroic dungeon gear they want to grind out casual gear to do their raids in so that when they replace them with raid gear they can sell them to a vendor and say "muahahahaha no gear for the casual @_@"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

wrong. Every daily gives 2 coins. The cooking daily gives a cooking token AND 2 coins. The only exception to this is the one quest from the guy on your farm, and the breadcrumb quest for AC that sends you to the correct temple.
    Wrong. Every tiller/cooking daily gives 1 coin (cooking dailies give cooking token AND 1 coin.) except for the one where you plant a specific plant for the farmer which only gives you 19 gold coins and no coins at all. I know this because I checked yesterday. If you are going to call me out like a boss you better do some fact checking first.

You might want to look closer the next time you do your dailies. The dailies for factions that sell valor gear award 2 tokens. The dailies for the Tillers, Cloud Serpents, and Anglers only award one token per daily.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because "hardcores" dont want to raid with the shitty heroic dungeon gear they want to grind out casual gear to do their raids in so that when they replace them with raid gear they can sell them to a vendor and say "muahahahaha no gear for the casual @_@"
    Ah well. I don't mind dailies and I will continue to do them for easy money, rep, gear, recipes, and mounts. I will just keep doing them two groups at a time. No point in trying to rush through them. If I wanna raid I can always farm heroics, scenarios, and world bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    Ah well. I don't mind dailies and I will continue to do them for easy money, rep, gear, recipes, and mounts. I will just keep doing them two groups at a time. No point in trying to rush through them. If I wanna raid I can always farm heroics, scenarios, and world bosses.
    and that was the point. blizzard didnt intend that everyone would think "because there is no daily cap i must do all dailies" and they put rep gear behind the reps so that the people who dont raid and chip away at the reputation a little a day could get some nice gear for time investment.

the hardcores are supposed to do dungeons then raids and use valor to upgrade there gear not buy new pieces
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Frankly the best way to make coins is to do the august celestial quests because you can knock all 4/5 out quickly, then run off to Golden Lotus and do as many as you feel like doing in hopes you will get a key to chests for more coins and a sky gem to pull down that big dragon to get the mount.

The tillers are also super easy and fast but only 1 coin, but if you are farming every day you might as well knock em out while you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    Not quite true.

You are roughly 1700 or so through neutral with the Golden Lotus when you can start their dailies
    You have roughly 800 with the August Celestrials when you open up their faction.
    You are roughly 5000 through friendly with Shado-Pan due to quests (at least I was, and I have loremaster of panderia, so I don't think I missed too many quests)
    Finally, you are correct with Klaxxi, you get to roughly 3100 through honored via quests alone.
    But that is really the point. You are honored with Klaxxi.. therefore, without doing anything you have an item you can buy with VP. You have NO VP the first week. This means you basically have 2 weeks to get honored with GL. Week 1-2 buy the klaxxi item (get GL to honored) Week 3-4 buy the GL honored item (get GL to Revered) week 5-6 Get AC to honored.

The way it was set up.. you should have had the Klaxxi honored item and the GL honored item to buy very early and not enough VP to buy them. By the time you get the VP to buy them, you had plenty of time to do GL dailies and get it to Revered.. after that you can choose SP or AC to get to honored.

Honest to god, the math works out.. if you ONLY did 1 faction per day, you would NEVER get to the point where you had VP and nothing to buy with it. Cap your VP every week, do 1 faction per day.. and you will always have 1 or 2 items unlocked for which you don´t have enough VP.

The biggest mistake the devs made this expansion is not telling them exactly how to do it. They let people with poor math skills rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and that was the point. blizzard didnt intend that everyone would think "because there is no daily cap i must do all dailies" and they put rep gear behind the reps so that the people who dont raid and chip away at the reputation a little a day could get some nice gear for time investment.

the hardcores are supposed to do dungeons then raids and use valor to upgrade there gear not buy new pieces
    Why should hardcores get special treatment just because they are in a hurry thanks to guild peer pressure or self-inflicted pressure? I think changing the feel of the game to make something easy even easier so someone can claim they are hardcore is a bit of an oxymoron. If you are truly hardcore, prove it. There are thousands of people who are already fully exalted in Pandaria and are raiding with BIS gear. Ya know what makes them hardcore? The fact that they don't cry for a "nerf" of a process and label it a "choice".

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    5-6 days of 5 dailies is too much for you to get JC recipies? You do know that the only JC recipies are for the mounts right? Do you even have 20,000 gold to spend on one mat at a vendor to make the mount? You don't get regular JC recipies through rep, just these voltron mounts.

Enchanting recipies? Yeah those are better and more useful but only require 4-5 quests a day and take about 10 minutes including flight time to complete solo. You will have to do this for a whole 12-14 days, which to a kid seems like eternity I guess. I'm really sorry we can't just mail you everything you want without any effort.
    And the real funny thing about the Reputation enchants is they are not profitable anyway. If you are an enchanter who doesn´t want to do the dailies? Just sell the sha crystals on the AH, you will make almost as much as the enchants sell for. I have all the reputation enchants, and at this point it is just easier to sell the mats.

So yeah, you have to do a few days worth of dailies, but there is no reason to rush them.. just do a day here and there when you have time. Trust me, you are not missing out on any great profit margin. If you desperately need the bracer enchant.. sell 3 sha crystals on the AH and buy the enchant from someone else.. no real difference in price.

The biggest mistake the devs made this expansion is not telling them exactly how to do it. They let people with poor math skills rant.
    They made people with poor math "skills" to work on the game. If you won't do dailies you will find yourself sitting on hard VP cap sooner or earlier. And hard VP cap is so relatively small, that it will be punishing you in geometric progression.

In the end it will be: you either do your dailies or watch VP rot and be wasted.
    In 5.1 it will be: U either pray for that damn lottery to reward me with raid boss drop, or VP will decay or I waste 2 weeks worth of VP on item, and hard VP cap gives me little choice but to rely on RNG for planning VP upgrades. Or.. maybe wait till next raid patch altogether, as those items will become vendor food anyway for so much time required to grind VP?

You don't even need any math "skills" to see all the flaws.

My biggest problem with Golden Lotus that at the first hub you have to always kill 12 mogu, and sometimes kill 8 statues of Mogu, then the next hub says kill 15 anchient mogu spirits and the last hub makes you kill 8 scout mogu and a boss magu which means you have killed 44 mogu in a row to complete the chain. It is a bit tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    My biggest problem with Golden Lotus that at the first hub you have to always kill 12 mogu, and sometimes kill 8 statues of Mogu, then the next hub says kill 15 anchient mogu spirits and the last hub makes you kill 8 scout mogu and a boss magu which means you have killed 44 mogu in a row to complete the chain. It is a bit tiresome.
    I can totally agree with this but at least you're getting rep with the Black Prince as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    They made people with poor math "skills" to work on the game. If you won't do dailies you will find yourself sitting on hard VP cap sooner or earlier. And hard VP cap is so relatively small, that it will be punishing you in geometric progression.
    This sentence is so funny. It reminds me of the Daman Wayans character on In Living Colour. The guy in prison always trying to use the big words to sound smart lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TexL-eyZHzo

Quote Originally Posted by shiestykat View Post
    I'm not but that's doesn't solve anything. I have 1 other 90 and 2 others rapidly approaching and all will need to do some form of the dailies at some point, especially for the recipes.

Blizzard please just bring back the tabards, add more heroics and raids and do away with dailies forever.
    heroic dungeons are a joke. If I have a healer that is awake, I can solo them as a tank. I would prefer to do 5 dailies per day ( all you EVER have to do) than only being allowed to do brain-dead heroics for VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I can totally agree with this but at least you're getting rep with the Black Prince as well.
    Yes, and that is AWESOME. A daily quest that lets you grind a competely diff rep. Like the Warbeads in Nagrand. You can use them for the Kurenai mounts or for Consortium rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post

In the end it will be: you either do your dailies or watch VP rot and be wasted.
    In 5.1 it will be: U either pray for that damn lottery to reward me with raid boss drop, or VP will decay or I waste 2 weeks worth of VP on item, and hard VP cap gives me little choice but to rely on RNG for planning VP upgrades. Or.. maybe wait till next raid patch altogether, as those items will become vendor food anyway for so much time required to grind VP?

You don't even need any math "skills" to see all the flaws.
    Yes, you will have a hard VP cap if you CHOOSE to not do dailies. If you are raiding then you are getting better gear than valor gear anyways and you will end up with a hard valor cap anyways because theres nothing better than what you have to buy valor with anyways. As far as your lottery luck goes, the lottery has millions of possible chances for your number to not pop up but a raider has a 15% chance to get a drop per boss for every boss you can clear in a week which I believe counting galleon and Sha of Hatred is 17 bosses which is pretty much an assured 2-3 items of raid gear a week assuming of course that your raid can clear the content. So as you can see 2-3 'welfare epics' a week means that by the end of a single month you will be sitting on a hard valor cap anyways so your argument has no merit.

Hell I am already at the point where I have 2 items left that I can buy with valor gear that is actually better than what I am wearing.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-11-16 at 04:32 PM.