Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I am confused, the people that really feel the NEED to do all the dailies every day should be done now, right? I am sure people in my guild have hit exalted already in all the factions. I personally stopped when I got revered with the golden lotus and just couldn't bring myself to start Shadow pan and August Cel. I do a bit here and there for coins, but that is it.

Soo my feeling is the people bitching about it, can't really be doing it every day. And the actual people who did them every day are done
    Exalted with everyone but August Celestials right now, and I'll hit exalted with them tomorrow... and it took me a couple wks to get to 90... so yes, I'd expect a lot of folk are exalted all the way around by now.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Correct me if I am wrong, but will anyone actually ever VP cap? Aren't they bringing in a system that allows you to spend 750VP to upgrade Epic gear from like 463 to 471 or higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    heroic dungeons are a joke. If I have a healer that is awake, I can solo them as a tank. I would prefer to do 5 dailies per day ( all you EVER have to do) than only being allowed to do brain-dead heroics for VP.
    What if they made tabards only gain rep when in Challenge Mode dungeons? And increase the rep received depending on if you get Broze, Silver, or Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Exalted with everyone but August Celestials right now, and I'll hit exalted with them tomorrow... and it took me a couple wks to get to 90... so yes, I'd expect a lot of folk are exalted all the way around by now.
    Which is also probably why the number of complaints about them has gone down as well. Of course it might pick right back up again in 5.1.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but will anyone actually ever VP cap? Aren't they bringing in a system that allows you to spend 750VP to upgrade Epic gear from like 463 to 471 or higher?
    Yes they are, and a few people worked out the math showing that to upgrade all your gear would take something like 24 or 25 weeks of hitting the weekly valor cap to earn enough to upgrade every slot.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    I say allow tabards and dungeoning for rep and valor. cap the tabard the same way the dailies are capped. This way you can choose to do it your way and not just hit exalted in 1 day. Then you can have your choice without any "offset" advantages.
    No, because 5.1 has rep changes, and because then y'all would start a campaign to get the cap lifted, want the rep do the dailies... you dont need to do dailies to get VP...

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    What if they made tabards only gain rep when in Challenge Mode dungeons? And increase the rep received depending on if you get Broze, Silver, or Gold.
    What if they made tabards that forced you to only run reg Panda Dungeons and capped you after 25 runs (a similar number of dailies) and only awarded you the same daily cap of VP and rep? Would you prefer to run dungeons? Great. Your rep/VP earn level is locked to the daily level to keep it even. Now you have your "choice". Go run dungeons. So many people already done with all the dailies. They are exalted, have their BIS gear, and are already raiding. All we get to see are the folks that are just not motivated enough to play the same game that 10.3 million other subs are playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an awesome Q&A over on WOW Insider today about this very topic.

Basically the guy asked why people get defensive about daily haters and quoting from the site here is the last bit of the answer....

************************************************************************************
    "That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it. You may as well ask why people like broccoli -- I can't stand the stuff myself, but my father and my brother happily devour it all the time. I do not, however, sit there and gripe and moan about the fact that they are taking those disgusting green vegetables and stuffing them down their maws. I simply don't eat it. Why? Because I don't have to.

Generally speaking, people feel the need to defend themselves if they feel they are under attack. To wit, the broccoli example -- if I sat there and griped the whole time my father and brother were happily devouring their broccoli, they'd likely start to argue with me about it. Not to mention I'd be distracting them from all the delicious broccoli they are enjoying. Personally, I don't feel it worth my time or energy to gripe about something that someone else enjoys. I'd rather spend my time doing more productive things, like finding things I enjoy, and enjoying them. I don't care for broccoli, but making my family feel miserable because they like it is not only annoying, it's incredibly rude.

Basically, daily quests are something to do. They are an alternative piece of endgame that people can choose to participate in, and they offer a lot more to do than just running dungeons all day. Do you have to do them? No. Will it hurt you in the long run? Not especially. I was 99% geared and ready to go for raiding without spending a drop of valor on gear. I probably could have avoided the valor gear altogether had I done a few more heroics, but I'm not a huge fan of heroics. I like questing. And so, I quest."

I think a lot of people are forgetting that this raid content is not the 8 bosses in Dragon Soul, its a potential of 17 bosses that they can get loot from in MoP that you can do every single tuesday. If you have the coins you have 20 shots at loot EVERY WEEK and that gear is BETTER THAN VALOR GEAR!

No, because 5.1 has rep changes, and because then y'all would start a campaign to get the cap lifted, want the rep do the dailies... you dont need to do dailies to get VP...
    I was being sarcastic in that post. I do my dailies and enjoy them immensely. I am merely demonstrating how silly it sounds to even ask for something like a rep tabard for lazy people. Trust me, I like my dailies and will get exalted with everyone

I believe the problem is that so many people feel like they HAVE TO get those reputations to exalted. I would like too but seeing as we have to do dailies instead of just wearing a tabard I completely opted out, I'm getting my gear from heroics (I'll admit I have yet to reach enough ilvl for LFR due to lack of time) and the only reputation I'm raising is with the tillers.

I don't want to do dailies so I don't do them. It's true, I feel like I'm losing something, but it's probably not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    The reason Blizzard will not do that is that it would make the dailies obsolete. The dungeons at that point would become far too rewarding to even bother with dailies, so much that even the people who don't mind doing them, or the people that hate chain-running heroics, would not bother with the dailies because the rewards from grinding dungeons would be far too great.

They are already talking about a tabard-like system that would allow you to gain at least some rep through dungeons only, though we might not see it until 5.2. That is probably the best you will get. Blizzard has been very firm regarding their stance that the dailies are not going away. So much so, in fact, that it seems they will be doubling down on them come 5.1 and the addition of 2 new factions, both with sets of dailies.
    then you'd have Cata all over again, folks sitting somewhere waiting on a queue and crying that they dont have anything to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    To get 90 coins you only have to do the astonishing number of 6 quests a day.
    And amazingly enough, that is almost exactly how many quests you need to do per day to unlock a VP purchasable item before you have the VP to buy it. There is no reason ANYONE should do more than 6-7 daily quests per day other than vanity items. People who can´t do math will never realize how well the devs set this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    They made people with poor math "skills" to work on the game. If you won't do dailies you will find yourself sitting on hard VP cap sooner or earlier. And hard VP cap is so relatively small, that it will be punishing you in geometric progression.

In the end it will be: you either do your dailies or watch VP rot and be wasted.
    In 5.1 it will be: U either pray for that damn lottery to reward me with raid boss drop, or VP will decay or I waste 2 weeks worth of VP on item, and hard VP cap gives me little choice but to rely on RNG for planning VP upgrades. Or.. maybe wait till next raid patch altogether, as those items will become vendor food anyway for so much time required to grind VP?

You don't even need any math "skills" to see all the flaws.
    whats the point in spending valor point gear when the majority of people havent finished gearing up yet to upgrade? you want to upgrade gear that will be replaced quickly?

the only flaw in that plan is the hardcap itself. so what if valor rots away? there wont EVER be any valor gear as high as normal raid gear EVER so anyone whos raiding will NEVER need valor gear once they get a little gear from the first tier of this expansion.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Basically, daily quests are something to do. They are an alternative piece of endgame that people can choose to participate in, and they offer a lot more to do than just running dungeons all day. Do you have to do them? No. Will it hurt you in the long run? Not especially. I was 99% geared and ready to go for raiding without spending a drop of valor on gear. I probably could have avoided the valor gear altogether had I done a few more heroics, but I'm not a huge fan of heroics. I like questing. And so, I quest."

THIS. If they bark about dailies, I lose my dailies. But here is someone who was raid ready without doing dailies. He is no different than any other raider. You want BIS, do dailies. You wanna raid, find out who this guy is and what he did to get "ready to go for raiding without spending a drop of valor on gear".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i want the charms for the extra chance at normal mode raiding loot, ill soon be done with lfr gear on my main, but when my charm stock runs dry ill have to do dailies again, i don't mind the rep grind its the charms that bother me

on another note im almost revered with all 4 gear factions with all my 90's but the charms worry me.....

the only factions dailies i hate is golden lotus which locks the enchants from my enchanter when he dings 90
    So what you are saying is you want the extra chances, but you dont want to do the work to get them... ok... got it...

10+ Year Old Account
    And another thing! There are too many mobs in the game! How am I supposed to get anything done if I have to kill them all?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

then you'd have Cata all over again, folks sitting somewhere waiting on a queue and crying that they dont have anything to do.
    Exactly. I like that people are not sitting in SW with their thumb hidden in their backside as they polish their armor and troll trade chat while waiting for a queue to pop. Get them out of the city, and doing something other than /yawn or /troll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I don't think having dailies is by itself a bad thing.

I think the problem is there's a real lack of variety so it's very boring to do them. The majority are "kill x" quests. The few that aren't, such as the roll race or the sky race are actually fun. Blizzard needs to think of more quest mechanics than "Kill 20 Mogu and 6 statues and 18 spiders and 10 sprites and 8 crocolisks and 13 ghosts and collect 10 worms and 15 jewels and 14 runes, oh and defeat 12 initiates".

Add to that the inane bullshit with "heal" quests such as "Heal 8 Hatchlings" and the ONLY way to do it is to use the healing item provided which is a 5 sec cast, even if you're a healing class.. yeah.

I have a feeling that if there was actual variety in the types of quests, people wouldn't be quite as frustrated.
    The heal hatchlings quest is actually a profession quest only available to those with First Aid. You don't even need to heal them up fully. Next time you're on that quest, use a regular Windwool Bandage, when you see the debuff from using first aid bandage you can stop and will still get credit for "healing" it a couple of seconds later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    so let me guess ud rather do dailies every day for those charms if u wanted them, i could earn them in other ways in the same amount of time with sanarios and dungeons while i'm chasing achievements. so there's more than possible way to earn them m8

also depending on the factions you chose to do its not 45 mins

ok so if my math is correct 90/7=14

so going with that what faction/factions has the the least time taken to get 14 baring in mind that i think the golden lotus dailies are mindnubing?
    or.. you can do ALL the dailies on a single day and have your 90 damn lesser charms, and if you spend more than 2 hours doing them they you have bigger problems than not enough time or not enough charms.

I have over 1500 of those stupid charms in my bank right now. and I am only doing one set of dailies for 2 more days then I'm done all the way around.

im raiding with no valor gear i must be uber bad and bottom of the dps charts every week guise all mans gerrs i better querrtss der germs
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552