Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I think a lot of people are forgetting that this raid content is not the 8 bosses in Dragon Soul, its a potential of 17 bosses that they can get loot from in MoP that you can do every single tuesday. If you have the coins you have 20 shots at loot EVERY WEEK and that gear is BETTER THAN VALOR GEAR!
    recount thst mate MSV gear is on par with valor gear both being 489

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    It's only six weeks to get exalted with all if you do dailies every day. After that you are free. Free!
    Hm, didnt they say there would be 2 types of content patches in the future, either patch with new daily quests or patch with a new raid?
    Seems to me like dailys are the content to look forward to in the world of warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    What i meant was that Vp gear is there for a raid purpose but you can't get it with raiding or 5 mans. (i can understand the 5 man part)
    Who says VP gear is for raid purposes? The 1k valor cap pretty much makes it meaningless for raiding. Yeah, maybe 1 or 2 pieces you will get the VP for first, but for the most part you should be getting your gear from boss drops.

I think that is the real disconnect between the two sides in this argumente. In my opinion.. people like you are thinking of Rep gear like we had in WOTLK and CATA where you got the rep, and then immediately could buy every piece on the vendor.

Let´s look at it over the course of a month. In a month, you have 4k VP, which means you could buy 2 or 3 pieces of Rep gear. In that same month, you should have gotten a ton of boss kills, 4 Sha kills and even some LFR boss kills. You also could have bought some crafting item ( I got my chest for very cheap). So with all those boss kills, what are the odds you didn´t get at least 1 or 2 of those item slots with drops?

And then there is the reality that you basically had to do nothing to get Klaxxi to honored, and very few quests to get GL to honored.. which unlocks 2 VP items.

My personal belief is that VP rep gear is more for players who don´t raid, it is a way to give them gear progression.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I think a lot of people are forgetting that this raid content is not the 8 bosses in Dragon Soul, its a potential of 17 bosses that they can get loot from in MoP that you can do every single tuesday. If you have the coins you have 20 shots at loot EVERY WEEK and that gear is BETTER THAN VALOR GEAR!
    17 bosses!? But I don't have time to do all 17 bosses and my dailies every single week. This is BS. If I prioritise raiding over dailies how will I ever get my rep up so I can get those lovely VP rep items? FU Blizz, making me actually do something in a game. I mean, how very dare they give us content that will actually last throughout the first few months of the xpac, I want it all and I want it now. I'm so mad I think I'm gonna start a thread about my dislike for dailies and threaten to quit the game, for good! Diana would have never allowed this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherkeith View Post
    I don't really mind dailies all that much on one character. It takes a little over an hour to do Anglers, Tillers, Golden Lotus, Cloud Serpent, Shado Pan, and August Celestials on one character and thats not really that bad.
    But here is the rub...multiply that by SIX!

Doing dailies on six characters that is over six hours of game time just doing dailies. I don't have six hours of my day to devote to this game each day. Not to mention four other characters that are still stuck at level 85 cause I just do not have the time to level them up.

The 2-3 hours a day of play time that I get I try to get at least three characters through the daily rep grind. Not for gear but because I would like to max out my alts professions which require patterns locked away behind rep requirements.

Whether or not it is a requirement to do dailies or not is not necessarily the issue. And while I agree that technically there is not a need to do dailies for all the reasons stated here and elsewhere, I (and a large portion of the population) feel compelled to do them for a variety of reasons.

I want to do the dailies and get all the rewards associated with the factions, but I also want to do dungeons, scenarios, raids, pet battles, pvp...etc but right now those two wants are mutually exclusive.
    I hear you, I do I have 3 at 90, I have 3 between 86-88, I have 3 at 80-81, and a handful below that, but I rather have too much to do than see eleventybillion tears shed in trade/general about nothing to do... they cried about nothing to do in Cata... Blizzard heard those tears and gave us PLENTY to do.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    recount thst mate MSV gear is on par with valor gear both being 489
    Heart of Fear and Terrace of the spring both offer higher gear than 489. So does Galleon and the Sha of Anger. So 11 of those 17 bosses give better gear than Valor and 6 of them give equivalent gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    tell that to a raid guild that's actually doing something

tell us how surprised you are when your raid spot is up for grabs because you're dead weight

But if you are in some normal mode raiding guild, not a huge deal. you are, of course, essentially just being lazy (or allocating your time poorly) by not doing them, but I don't even care right now. I just do them every other day.

Another piece of gear isn't going to increase attendance and punctuality or decrease my latency so I am not one shot by rings as soon as they come out when I am clearly 15 yards away from the boss.
    And that would be your guild forcing you to do dailies... NOT BLIZZARD.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    Each expansion has placed gear behind rep. The only exception was classic. They put patterns behind rep and then made you make your own gear. Not sure why Mists should be any different.

http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1204/avengers-of-hyjal
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=176361/c...wards-and-more
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Northrend_reputation_rewards
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Burning_Crus...tation_rewards
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Classic_reputation_rewards
    Notice all of it costs gold and none of it valor. If I had an alternative valor vendor, then I would never touch another fucking daily again in my life. Furthermore virtually all of those I could obtain reputation with in a dungeon in one fashion or another.

So glad to be done with that BS though. I'll resub when the devs get their heads out of their asses.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-11-16 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This expansion is the best WoW has ever been. Dailies are NOT required. You can take a much quicker route to gearing up without doing a single daily. The goals have been met and the game has improved for the better. It now takes time to complete things, and people are out and about in the world. I have had more wpvp on my server since MoP started then since IoqD.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Notice all of it costs gold and none of it valor. If I had an alternative valor vendor, then I would never touch another fucking daily again in my life. So glad to be done with that BS though. I'll resub when the devs get their heads out of their asses.
    yeah OR you could just do some damn raids and never have to use valor gear... ever think maybe the valor gear wasnt FOR PEOPLE WHO RAID...

what the hell is so wrong about having some gear for casuals? why is it bad that casuals can now be rewarded for time investment? is it because you want to take their gear?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    This expansion is the best WoW has ever been. Dailies are NOT required. You can take a much quicker route to gearing up without doing a single daily. The goals have been met and the game has improved for the better. It now takes time to complete things, and people are out and about in the world. I have had more wpvp on my server since MoP started then since IoqD.
    LOL you make a good point ....this whole expansion was a big dark secret to satisfy pvp servers with this, sha, and galleon right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Heart of Fear and Terrace of the spring both offer higher gear than 489. So does Galleon and the Sha of Anger. So 11 of those 17 bosses give better gear than Valor and 6 of them give equivalent gear.
    Heroic MV also gives higher gear. So all 17 give higher gear if you are progressed enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    LOL you make a good point ....this whole expansion was a big dark secret to satisfy pvp servers with this, sha, and galleon right.
    wasnt really a secret blizzard said multiple times that the world bossses were implemented for world pvp
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

If you don't like dailies don't do them.. It's at the point where you can get just as good if not better gear from LFR or reg 10 man raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah OR you could just do some damn raids and never have to use valor gear... ever think maybe the valor gear wasnt FOR PEOPLE WHO RAID...

what the hell is so wrong about having some gear for casuals? why is it bad that casuals can now be rewarded for time investment? is it because you want to take their gear?

Been doing raids and guess what NOTHING DROPS. So basically do dailies or accept the fact that your a subject to rng. Nothing is wrong about having gear for casuals. Cata had it in spades for casuals. Could spend valor without a single fucking rep faction. Your telling me that's less casual?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    They made people with poor math "skills" to work on the game. If you won't do dailies you will find yourself sitting on hard VP cap sooner or earlier. And hard VP cap is so relatively small, that it will be punishing you in geometric progression.

In the end it will be: you either do your dailies or watch VP rot and be wasted.
    In 5.1 it will be: U either pray for that damn lottery to reward me with raid boss drop, or VP will decay or I waste 2 weeks worth of VP on item, and hard VP cap gives me little choice but to rely on RNG for planning VP upgrades. Or.. maybe wait till next raid patch altogether, as those items will become vendor food anyway for so much time required to grind VP?

You don't even need any math "skills" to see all the flaws.
    I see your point, but you miss a few facts

You start out honored with Klaxxi. This means if you cap VP your first two weeks you have something to buy. that gives you 2 weeks to get GL to honored (that is a very minimal amount of quests). that unlocks another few items. Then you have a few weeks to get GL to Revered. Once you get GL to exalted, you do AC (which takes about 5 mins per day) or SP. My ´math´ says that you only ever have to do one faction at a time and you will never run out of things to buy with your VP.

Maybe we are arguing two different things. The fact is if you do 6 daily quests per day, you will get your lucky coins and always have a vendor item unlocked for your VP. If you think doing any dailies per week is wrong, then we can have that debate. But I was more arguing (with my comment) to the OP and others who said they feel forced to grind 4 rep factions to exalted the first month. I think what I hate is people using the word ´grind´ when describing basically 45 quests per week.

I do think the devs made a mistake with the GL quests. Not the part where you had to be revered before starting the other reps.. but the part where the first 5 quests are in the same small area. The opening GL quests should have been more like the AC quests. Even though the quests themselves rotated, the fact that each set was in the same small area made it feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post

You start out honored with Klaxxi.
    No you don't. If you quests in dread wastes you do. Not everybody quests in dread wastes.

Been doing raids and guess what NOTHING DROPS. So basically do dailies or accept the fact that your a subject to rng. Nothing is wrong about having gear for casuals. Cata had it in spades for casuals. Could spend valor without a single fucking rep faction. Your telling me that's less casual?
    so your saying because YOU have been unlucky blizzard should change the entire system to fit your needs?

also no the gear in cataclysm wasnt for casuals it offered raid equivalent gear throughout the entire expansion and pretty much gave out old tier gear whenever a new patch came along.

VALOR GEAR WILL NEVER BE AN UPGRADE FOR RAIDERS THIS EXPANSION THEREFORE IT IS NOT A VIABLE UPGRADE.

also how can you be doing raids if you already said you quit which means youve in no way been running all the raids for Any substantial amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so your saying because YOU have been unlucky blizzard should change the entire system to fit your needs?

also no the gear in cataclysm wasnt for casuals it offered raid equivalent gear throughout the entire expansion and pretty much gave out old tier gear whenever a new patch came along.

VALOR GEAR WILL NEVER BE AN UPGRADE FOR RAIDERS THIS EXPANSION THEREFORE IT IS NOT A VIABLE UPGRADE.

also how can you be doing raids if you already said you quit which means youve in no way been running all the raids for Any substantial amount of time.
    Actually that's exactly what valor was designed for originally. It's not just me, it's anybody who likes to progress at a decent rate and not be subject to rng. The gear in cataclysm was accessible for casuals, moreso than now because it didn't require daily quests or rep generated through them. Daily quests aren't very casual friendly as you lose out on them every day you don't log on. Even casuals enjoy progression. In the cataclysm system they could progress freely without the worry of daily logging in. Now if they want to progress and try and be somewhat current they can't or will be forced to log in much more often.

I was doing raids. Sub ends today. Could not be more relieved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually that's exactly what valor was designed for originally. It's not just me, it's anybody who likes to progress at a decent rate and not be subject to rng. The gear in cataclysm was accessible for casuals, moreso than now because it didn't require daily quests or rep generated through them. Daily quests aren't very casual friendly as you lose out on them every day you don't log on. Even casuals enjoy progression. In the cataclysm system they could progress freely without the worry of daily logging in. Now if they want to progress and try and be somewhat current they can't or will be forced to log in much more often.

I was doing raids. Sub ends today. Could not be more relieved.
    They should add some system where dungeon drops could be upgraded with valor to give the same non-rng progress options!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-