Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    See I know I have a pretty good argument when people are forced to reduce me to trolling. I don't need dailies for dungeons and lfr but so what? I'm done with dungeons and the gear they provide like a month or so ago. I do lfr and sha weekly and get nothing out of them and I see the path available to me is.. dailies. The game simple isn't as rewarding and it's by design not to be because if it was then they couldn't keep up.
    No, you're a troll because you keep repeating the mantra "its not as rewarding" without explaining why its not as rewarding to you. You claim that the gear upgrades offered, are not really upgrades, but you dont explain why not. You seem to want the best gear in the game, but you dont want to actually play the game to get it. If you're not trolling, then you are simply very bad at articulating an argument. I call you a troll because I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that your ranting is intentional. If its not, I apologize.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Oh yeah, this their new "intention" feels so rewarding. Kill boss, DE/offpsec loot, sometimes there are MS drops for people, sometimes in blue moon there are 6 rolls for that 0.00000000000001% chance to drop trinket or weapon, which finally managed to drop. System which was criticized in vanilla, was slightly improved in TBC and WotLK, now is completely thrown in trash can.

But Tony, there is no sense to try and help situation. It looks like also we have a lot of Blizzard promo agents on this forum who try to defend such awkward design decisions. Let those peacemakers do their job and let Blizzard suffer all the consequences for trying to make game more "rewarding" aka introducing pure f2p-quality grind but without option to donate to avoid it, and that's on top of p2p model. You want game to be better, I want it too, but 5.1 shows no improvements, so it's better stop rewarding bad design decisions (and feeding GC with his team) from our wallets.
    I love it when you can see why a design decision is made and you stand up for it you're automatically a promo agent or fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Not as rewarding as raid gear, which it almost never was. So what? Its still a gear upgrade. Why do you care if someone else has better gear?
    I agree it never was but your not arguing with me about this. Your arguing with the developers who insist that valor was robbing the epic experience of loot from people. It's bullshit and it didn't need to be changed. All it is is just frustration. I don't care if people have better gear, I care about how rewarding the game is for me. It is no longer rewarding enough.

It's boring to do dailies. It's boring to do LFR. It's boring to do dungeons over and over again. I can't get a group together for challenge modes. I don't like pet battles. Scenarios are boring.

This is the same, frankly, garbage I keep hearing from the WoW community in general. And the question I always ALWAYS ask is if you're not having fun...why are you doing it? This is a video game, after all. Something to do to burn some time and have some fun. If you're only beating your head against the wall doing the former, why are you still playing?

Ask yourself the above question and try to consider it seriously. I, for one, enjoy the game right now. I always have something to do between my two level 90 characters. I'm never bored. To me, that's a good game.

Yay dailies

No, you're a troll because you keep repeating the mantra "its not as rewarding" without explaining why its not as rewarding to you. You claim that the gear upgrades offered, are not really upgrades, but you dont explain why not. You seem to want the best gear in the game, but you dont want to actually play the game to get it. If you're not trolling, then you are simply very bad at articulating an argument. I call you a troll because I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that your ranting is intentional. If its not, I apologize.
    I've done that like a million times though. It isn't as rewarding because I can't spend valor for NEW GEAR (or even just fucking upgrades at this point) without doing dailies. It isn't as rewarding because the cap is so stingy and the vp you get per instance run is so low. It isn't as rewarding because progression is just so slow this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I love it when you can see why a design decision is made and you stand up for it you're automatically a promo agent or fanboy.
    i also love it when people seem to think ghostcrawler is an evil wizard that controls everything blizzard does
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    valor GEAR valor GEAR please repeat after me VALOR GEAR now repeat this valor gear is not the same as upgrading gear with valor. again VALOR GEAR IS NOT THE SAME AS UPGRADING RAIDING GEAR WITH VALOR
    Over time, we have felt like Valor has taken on too prominent a role, to the point that it risks becoming more important than actual boss loot
    They don't make that distinction. Valor points, no matter how you spend them, simple cannot be as rewarding because they want boss loot to be the most rewarding. In reality all it leads to is frustration.

The valor point cap presents more of a gate than the reputation really. The reputation is just an annoyance but if you never touch dailies and don't like dailies then it's becomes an iron gate. Dungeons are not rewarding enough as is. I was finished with them after the first week. I don't see why you think valor needs more of a gate then daily quests, in fact most of your assertions aren't really founded in anything. Why does it need another gate? Why can't dungeons be more rewarding? why do daily quest have to quadruple dip?
    Why does it need a gate? Because it was far too accessible in Cata. I left wow shortly after 4.2 came out. I came back in Feb of this year, by June I had 6 characters at 85 and with ilvls of 384+. The only thing holding me back from getting valor gear was the valor cap, which was very easily reached on multiple characters. The valor cap is still very easily reached but if I want to get valor gear on all my alts then I'm going to have to put in some serious time by doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Oh yeah, this their new "intention" feels so rewarding. Kill boss, DE/offpsec loot, sometimes there are MS drops for people, sometimes in blue moon there are 6 rolls for that 0.00000000000001% chance to drop trinket or weapon, which finally managed to drop. System which was criticized in vanilla, was slightly improved in TBC and WotLK, now is completely thrown in trash can.

But Tony, there is no sense to try and help situation. It looks like also we have a lot of Blizzard promo agents on this forum who try to defend such awkward design decisions. Let those peacemakers do their job and let Blizzard suffer all the consequences for trying to make game more "rewarding" aka introducing pure f2p-quality grind but without option to donate to avoid it, and that's on top of p2p model. You want game to be better, I want it too, but 5.1 shows no improvements, so it's better stop rewarding bad design decisions (and feeding GC with his team) from our wallets.
    I'm not to worried about it. He's already said on twitter some kind of compromise has to be found. Just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    Having not played WoW for about 9 months i decided to come back to MoP. This expansion is killing me the daily quests for rep grind is ridiculous to me what is the reason for this much dailies and how do you think this is fun. In my guild not sure about everyone elses it makes for a rather dull environment as everyone comes on at different times its hard to wait and group up for these dailies as everyone is just trying to get these done. This can take about 2 hours maybe more to complete. In the past you did a few dailies which were quick then you could run a few dungeons with guildmates and thats good because if you dont raid this was the only way to get to know one another and earn respect or build relationships. Now its just a pure grind and yes i have read its your choice to do this and all but I call BS because you have tied rep to gear so yea it sucks. Again....what was the intention and how can anyone consider this to be good for the game.
    Worlds easiest solution, dont do the stuff you dont like, dont like dailys then dont do them, see how easy it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done that like a million times though. It isn't as rewarding because I can't spend valor for NEW GEAR.
    And why does that mater? Why is an upgrade not an upgrade to you?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    It's only six weeks to get exalted with all if you do dailies every day. After that you are free. Free!
    Lesser charm of good fortune.

They don't make that distinction. Valor points, no matter how you spend them, simple cannot be as rewarding because they want boss loot to be the most rewarding. In reality all it leads to is frustration.
    /facepalm

you get loot from a boss you then upgrade that piece of loot from the boss it is now better... next tier you get a drop from a boss at that moment its equivalent to yours however it has two slots of upgrades wheras yours cannot be upgraded anymore therefore boss loot is still better every tier however valor makes that gear better.

either your refusing to read or your trolling
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Why does it need a gate? Because it was far too accessible in Cata. I left wow shortly after 4.2 came out. I came back in Feb of this year, by June I had 6 characters at 85 and with ilvls of 384+. The only thing holding me back from getting valor gear was the valor cap, which was very easily reached on multiple characters. The valor cap is still very easily reached but if I want to get valor gear on all my alts then I'm going to have to put in some serious time by doing dailies.
    It already has a gate. It doesn't need a second one albeit a rather flimsy one if someone is actually committed to doing dailies. The valor cap is currently not very easy to reach and it takes some serious time to do overall and serious commitment. Not very casual friendly. In fact if the gear is meant to be for casuals then it's a really bad way to do it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 06:05 PM ----------

And why does that mater? Why is an upgrade not an upgrade to you?
    Because trading in points for the same pair of shoulders I've had for a month isn't the same as getting a new pair of shoulders. I don't know how else to explain that better. Getting a NEW piece of loot either from a vendor or from a boss, isn't the same feeling as keeping your same hand me downs albeit upgraded ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    See I know I have a pretty good argument when people are forced to reduce me to trolling. I don't need dailies for dungeons and lfr but so what? I'm done with dungeons and the gear they provide like a month or so ago. I do lfr and sha weekly and get nothing out of them and I see the path available to me is.. dailies. The game simple isn't as rewarding and it's by design not to be because if it was then they couldn't keep up.
    You don't have a good argument, it's a tired excuse for wanting gear without doing any work. If you are done with dungeons and LFR and find nothing else fun, log off already. Why do you need that rep gear? If you can do LFR then you have enough gear and sorry you've had bad luck in LFR but how many times have you actually run it? There is an option for better gear, but you don't like it so don't (which is totally up to thats why it's called optional content). There is going to be another option for gear in 5.1 but it's not good enough for you. You want cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Lesser charm of good fortune.
    I don't even do every daily and I have such an abundance of them that I will be easily good for a loooong time. Not to mention new dailies will come out and you will then get more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wont ever complain about dailies if they are fun and optional, the mop incarnations are neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree it never was but your not arguing with me about this. Your arguing with the developers who insist that valor was robbing the epic experience of loot from people. It's bullshit and it didn't need to be changed. All it is is just frustration. I don't care if people have better gear, I care about how rewarding the game is for me. It is no longer rewarding enough.
    No, you are saying that the upgrades offered are not as good as what other people have, so you dont want them. That is caring what other people get. I dont care what the developer said, they say lots of dumb stuff, why do YOU think an upgraded item is not an upgrade?

-Kujako-

You're completely missing the point of the blog post, in my opinion purposefully but I could be wrong. The point is that going to a Vendor to get 397 gear made raiding and getting 397 gear somewhat pointless.

MoP doesn't have that problem because the highest raid tier has better gear than the valor vendors and in 5.1 we'll be UPGRADING our RAID GEAR. Raid gear is more important in MoP than valor gear