Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Theirs a massive difference are you kidding me? You've got to be trolling me. Imagine if the rep gear currently was sold for gold and we had an actual valor vendor who wasn't tied to rep. It would be a huge difference. It would be oddly enough exactly what cataclysm was.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 06:26 PM ----------

I read it. Still doesn't change the fact that their goal is to make boss drops more epic. The point system by design then CANNOT BE AS EPIC as getting boss drops which they want to be the most epic. I.E REWARDING.
    okay your trolling, you got me had me going for awhile now go away because your adding nothing and spouting nonsense
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    okay your trolling, you got me had me going for awhile now go away because your adding nothing and spouting nonsense
    I'm not. I just disagree with your conclusions based on what the developers have said with regards to boss loot. You don't like that that's fine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's so not acceptable I don't even...

I have a million gold (literally) and make 10x what I make from dailies every day on the AH. They're need to up the rewards you get from them a little bit and remove any item gating. That way all the casuals who consider dailies to be content can farm them to their heart's content and be rewarded for doing so and the resto of us who just want to raid can do that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    That way all the casuals who consider dailies to be content can farm them to their heart's content and be rewarded for doing so and the resto of us who just want to raid can do that instead.
    This can be done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    That's so not acceptable I don't even...

I have a million gold (literally) and make 10x what I make from dailies every day on the AH. They're need to up the rewards you get from them a little bit and remove any item gating. That way all the casuals who consider dailies to be content can farm them to their heart's content and be rewarded for doing so and the resto of us who just want to raid can do that instead.
    raiding gear is already better then valor gear
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I wont ever complain about dailies if they are fun and optional, the mop incarnations are neither.
    Run heroics, buy crafteds, run LFR, and start normal raiding.

Nothing is stopping you from taking this route.

ive played wow since vanilla and the burning crusade was the worst expansion of all time and everything about it except for the sporelings and nether drakes were crap piled onto crap.

the burning crusade is the reason me'dan exist and therefore the burning crusade is blasphemy
    Maybe I've missed sarcasm here drawn from earlier posts, but ...Me'dan has no correlation to TBC expansion. Nothing established there was used to create the character.

SSC, Hyjal, and TK were crap? The blood elf vs draenei war with blood elf defectors was crap? IoQ was crap?

Flying mounts, daily quests, heroics, jewelcrafting, 10 man raids were all crap on top of crap?

But again, I will acknowledge maybe I'm seeing this post which is part of a chain of discussions and missing a lot of context and possible sarcasm.

so its the day of the big patch theres a brand new raid and me and my raiding buddies are decked out in our heroic raid gear from last tier and in the normal raid one of my pieces drop right now its about the same as my heroic piece from last tier however i am valor capped from last week so i can then upgrade this piece twice making it tons stronger then my old piece meaning boss drops are still more important despite the fact that i can upgrade my heroic raid gear with valor however for the patch i obtain it in valor is a huge boon of stats and is incredibly rewarding FOR THAT PATCH AND IN NO WAY DEVALUES GEAR FROM THE NEXT PATCH.
    I may have misread something somewhere but, I was under the impression that, only items purchased with valour points to begin with could be upgraded in this way ?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Maybe I've missed sarcasm here drawn from earlier posts, but ...Me'dan has no correlation to TBC expansion. Nothing established there was used to create the character.

SSC, Hyjal, and TK were crap? The blood elf vs draenei war with blood elf defectors was crap? IoQ was crap?

Flying mounts, daily quests, heroics, jewelcrafting, 10 man raids were all crap on top of crap?

But again, I will acknowledge maybe I'm seeing this post which is part of a chain of discussions and missing a lot of context and possible sarcasm.
    me'dan is the quarter orc quarter draenei half human offspring of garona halforcen and medivh. he is a direct result of the pile of crap lore that was the burning crusade and it along with kael'thas and illidan is the reason bc will always be a failure and yes all of those raids were failures flying mounts were nice as well but over all the entire expansion was crap

Quote Originally Posted by Oevaag View Post
    I may have misread something somewhere but, I was under the impression that, only items purchased with valour points to begin with could be upgraded in this way ?
    You misread. Anything that is ilvl 458 or higher can be upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Oevaag View Post
    no all items can be upgraded however it has to be a certain ilvl to be upgraded with valor instead of jp

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I actually like this, except for the raising of the valor rewards, I don't think that's necessary. Reducing the ilvl of Valor gear would certainly solve some problems though.
    Again we differ, I think the most important part is to reduce the weekly time commitment needed to cap valor no matter which way you choose, and have a much higher percentage of the weekly valor cap come from actually raiding successfully on normal or heroic difficulty. I'm personally invested in this because my playtime outside of raidtime is extremely limited and I dislike that it is currently essentially all devoted to capping valor, and that will become even more critical when the upgrade system comes into effect.

I don't think with the upgrade system that there is need for current tier valor gear to be above LFR level and the original intention of badges way back when was to offset cases of really bad luck and provide some inevitability in gearing up, which I think should be preserved and can be through the use of a mechanic already in the game in elder charms of good fortune.

me'dan is the quarter orc quarter draenei half human offspring of garona halforcen and medivh. he is a direct result of the pile of crap lore that was the burning crusade and it along with kael'thas and illidan is the reason bc will always be a failure and yes all of those raids were failures flying mounts were nice as well but over all the entire expansion was crap
    Um...
    Medivh is from Warcraft RTS.
    Garona is from Warcraft RTS.
    Garona has always been half orc.
    With the exception of specifying draenei, TBC is completely unnecessary for them to have created Me'dan. Granted, I dislike the character too, but there's nothing tying him to that expansion.

Sounds like you didn't like how the expansion handled Kael'thas and Illidan so you write off the entire expansion as a failure. Which is fine, but that's just, like, your opinion...man.

But this thread isn't really about TBC and its merits or flaws, so I'll shush now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So your guild required (forced) you to do the dailies and you did them even though you hated it. Could you point to the spot on the daily dolly where blizzard gave you the bad touch?
    Utterly, irrevocably priceless, you sir, are a classic.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shiestykat View Post
    I'm not but that's doesn't solve anything. I have 1 other 90 and 2 others rapidly approaching and all will need to do some form of the dailies at some point, especially for the recipes.

Blizzard please just bring back the tabards, add more heroics and raids and do away with dailies forever.
    No, No, No, a thousand times No, Cata babies cried and cried that they didn't have anything to do, Well now buck up, you DO.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

ive played wow since vanilla and the burning crusade was the worst expansion of all time and everything about it except for the sporelings and nether drakes were crap piled onto crap.
    It is sad that you dislike TBC, but it was made for different kind of people. And WoW should have stay this way, building on what it had, instead of getting everything thrown into trash can, and rebuilding it for completely different kind of people.
    and yes all of those raids were failures flying mounts were nice as well but over all the entire expansion was crap
    I would take TBC raids anytime over tunnel-boss design, ovely accented on boss-fights rather than on actual raid design and layout. But anyway, it is hard to see point in discussing current WoW issues with someone who calls TBC a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Um...
    Medivh is from Warcraft RTS.
    Garona is from Warcraft RTS.
    Garona has always been half orc.
    With the exception of specifying draenei, TBC is completely unnecessary for them to have created Me'dan. Granted, I dislike the character too, but there's nothing tying him to that expansion.

Sounds like you didn't like how the expansion handled Kael'thas and Illidan so you write off the entire expansion as a failure. Which is fine, but that's just, like, your opinion...man.

But this thread isn't really about TBC and its merits or flaws, so I'll shush now.
    garonas backstory was changed so that she was nolonger half human and half orc to be that of the offspring of a draenei who was raped by an orc the entire romance between her and medivh and the change of her backstory was a way to be able to create an omnipowerful character that can wield all magic.

it could be said that whether or not blizzard retconned the draenei me'dan wouldve still been created as a character i still think that the retcon of the draenei and the eredar and sargeras and garona and the lack of character development or explanation for anything in bc was a huge factor in all of this and that me'dans character wouldnt have been as bad if they didnt try to tie him into all the crappy retcons and just made him a quarter orc and 3 quarters human.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    It is sad that you dislike TBC, but it was made for different kind of people. And WoW should have stay this way, building on what it had, instead of getting everything thrown into trash can, and rebuilding it for completely different kind of people.

I would take TBC raids anytime over tunnel-boss design, ovely accented on boss-fights rather than on actual raid design and layout. But anyway, it is hard to see point in discussing current WoW issues with someone who calls TBC a crap.
    yeah sorry i dont like to just mash buttons and have no clue whats going on bc was awesome yeah not like it turned two anti heroes into saturday cartoon villains or had one villain goin "LOL IM STEALAN WATA GUISE" not like it retconned the entire history of major characters and species or anything nope it was just pure gold everywhere
    Last edited by Immitis; 2012-11-16 at 06:54 PM.

As it stands I am off playing xcom from saturday til tuesday when everything resets. Once I feel that I have upgraded my main as far as I can without fishing in a raid boss barrel for the one or two items I need that don't seem to want to drop I will break out one of my 3 alts that are 85 and start them up. I personally hate dailies and I also hate doing content over again, especially over again 4 times in a row.

That being said, I would rather have too much to do on my main for a whole week than have so little to do that I have time to run all 4 characters through LFR and valor cap all 4 in one week. Thats what I was doing in Cata, even as a Casual I could valor cap and raid cap at least 3 of the 4 characters in a week on 11-12 hours a week. I can completely understand why hardcores quit after 2 months of having nothing to do in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Theirs a massive difference are you kidding me? You've got to be trolling me.
    Nope. Just thought the basic principal was understood. When the gear was locked behind rep then, gold was the only reward from dailies and you would use gold to buy gear. Now gear is locked behind rep and is purchased for VP. Each daily awards VP and gold. You are spending a currency for a piece of gear that is gated behind rep. It's basic Algebra. You replace XYZ with VP, Heroic Gear, Exlated or with Gold, Heroic Gear, Exalted. Same thing bud. You should stop trolling. You're not very good at it
    Last edited by GnomercyBeastmaster; 2012-11-16 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post

No, No, No, a thousand times No, Cata babies cried and cried that they didn't have anything to do, Well now buck up, you DO.
    hello i started playing in bc when in order to gain rep you needed to farm a specific dungeon to get rep - hated it as you were forced into 2-3 dungeons for specific faction rep
    i played through when there were more dailies but there was also the tabard- i liked this as i had the option of choosing the the method i used to farm rep
    i played through cata it was all tabards and not enough dailies- there wasn't much option for rep farming
    i'm playing in mop too many dailies no tabard- dont like it as im forced into dailies for my rep, thankfully im almost done with the rep

see the problem here its not that people fell forced to do them but if they want the rep they "must do dailies" my solution is this

put the tabards at revered make them account bound and have them give the same amount of rep per day as u can get from doing their factions dailies and no more

there for if you want to do dailes you can if u dont want to they dont
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-16 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    The dailys are boring because the factions exists just because to offer dailys, those dont have any good story about them.