Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    blizz must feel pretty good about themselves, give people options on gearing up and now people complain about the options instead of glitches/imba pvp.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

This is definitely the grindist thing since vanilla. The thing that makes it so bad is that they have reasons for you to NEVER really be free of dailies. This is why postal workers go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    omg you mean we actually need to do some effort to have some fucking gears ?
    We don't. Dailies are just a time sink. They take about as much effort as watching TV and they're not as entertaining.

Again, I am paying for this shit, or was. I am really not going to pay for the privilege of "working hard" for gear. There are plenty of free to play games that offer mindless grinds, I'd go play one of them if I wanted to grind. For a subscription game I expect actually interesting content and dailies aren't interesting content. I don't understand this grinder mentality that people have to WORK HARD for their gear blah blah. No, I'd rather not work hard and put weeks of effort in it. I like the idea of gear being there as a reward for doing something challenging, fun or interesting, I do not like gear as a reward for a mindless grind.

The system was still fine in WotLK before LFD when you only got emblems for raids and the daily heroics added a tiny bit to that. That way the raids had two loot systems, the drops and some guaranteed loot progress for everyone with the emblems, and then you had an extra incentive to go out and do some 5 mans with the daily heroic thing. With the change from emblems to valor and valor eventually made farmable to cap in one evening of heroics getting valor gear got too easy but instead of stepping back and limiting it again they added a grinding requirement on the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Tell me, how do I grab my lucky coins outside this apparently optional daily content?
    You don't. Welcome to World of Dailycraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcream View Post
    You don't. Welcome to World of Dailycraft!
    That's not 100% true. The locked chests you can find in Guo Lai vault (that give GL rep) also have 5 coins in them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    and worst part is the reps dont get useless with every expansion pack now, but with every patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    We don't. Dailies are just a time sink. They take about as much effort as watching TV and they're not as entertaining.

Again, I am paying for this shit, or was. I am really not going to pay for the privilege of "working hard" for gear. There are plenty of free to play games that offer mindless grinds, I'd go play one of them if I wanted to grind. For a subscription game I expect actually interesting content and dailies aren't interesting content. I don't understand this grinder mentality that people have to WORK HARD for their gear blah blah. No, I'd rather not work hard and put weeks of effort in it. I like the idea of gear being there as a reward for doing something challenging, fun or interesting, I do not like gear as a reward for a mindless grind.

The system was still fine in WotLK before LFD when you only got emblems for raids and the daily heroics added a tiny bit to that. That way the raids had two loot systems, the drops and some guaranteed loot progress for everyone with the emblems, and then you had an extra incentive to go out and do some 5 mans with the daily heroic thing. With the change from emblems to valor and valor eventually made farmable to cap in one evening of heroics getting valor gear got too easy but instead of stepping back and limiting it again they added a grinding requirement on the gear.
    Dailies are effort. Effort comes either from time spent or from challenge. LFD takes neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am finally done with leveling the Pandarian factions on my main raid character. Just now starting to dust off my poor neglected alts and I sigh when I look at their Unfriendly reputations with the Panda factions just thinking about the next 6weeks I get to spend quest grinding because I want a certain Pattern. Plus, I'm just very picky with my faction reputation that I can't leave it at just revered or just into exalted I have to max them out.

The upside to doing the dailies every week is around the 15k gold I get from the quest turn in, plus greens, chance of sky crystal, etc..

Doing dailies once awhile is fine, but having to do it everyday in order to be able to buy valor gear makes it feel like a job while playing a game rather than doing what I like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say Blizz never seizes to amaze, new expac, whats new? Dailies, enjoy, gotta say absolutely horrid expac.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like that people hate the dailies so much to the point they ignore the fact your getting gold for doing it. Back in TBC when it was new, players were so excited to get that much gold for questing.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by DannathGR View Post
    This is definitely the grindist thing since vanilla. The thing that makes it so bad is that they have reasons for you to NEVER really be free of dailies. This is why postal workers go crazy.
    Thats so accurate since I have been done with dailies for 2 weeks now and when 5.1 comes up I will do the dailies for 10-14 days and then be done with dailies until 5.2, or did you mean that we would never be free of dailies like how a 9 year old thinks that Santa will never get here fast enough?

so with 5.1 out you get to grind more dailies...and now grind valor for 6 months to upgrade gear. And you all still want to defend this game that its not going in the wrong direction??

10+ Year Old Account
    Who actually still needs rep with anyone but the black prince and the faction offensive. Actually I dont even need rep with the offensive because all the vp gear is shit. Even on my alt I can get into lfr so i dont need vp. At this point you really dont need to do dailies at all unless you want it for achievement points or mounts. So ffs please quit bitching.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    I like that people hate the dailies so much to the point they ignore the fact your getting gold for doing it. Back in TBC when it was new, players were so excited to get that much gold for questing.
    The gold is trivial to what I would make from playing the auction house.

Making dailies a massive part of the PvE endgame was a mistake. I'm really interested why they thought shoving dailies down the player's throat was a step up from any philosophies they had with Cataclysm. Perhaps they shouldn't try to fix what wasn't broken (WotLK).

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Making dailies a massive part of the PvE endgame was a mistake. I'm really interested why they thought shoving dailies down the player's throat was a step up from any philosophies they had with Cataclysm.
    It's because dailies are cheap to make.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's because dailies are cheap to make.
    Not just that their cheap. They are mind you but it's more that this is content they can make or feel they can make fast enough to keep players engaged and subbed. The thing is being bored because content isn't rewarding or compelling enough is arguable worse than being bored because you exhausted the available rewarding content. In the later I was entertained at one point. In the former I was never entertained.

I was a player with a limited play schedule. I'd get home, spend some time with the kids, have dinner, put the kids to bed and then sit down for a play session. My issue was, I'd log in and feel compelled to do my daily quests. By the time I had done this, I really didn't have time to do anything else. It honestly felt as though all I was doing in my evening sessions was dailies ad nauseam.

When I realised I wasn't having fun in the game, I decided that cancelling my account was the only way to communicate to Blizzard what I thought of their daily quest situation, and how I really disliked this as the only option for grinding out those reputations.

It's been 3 weeks since I logged in last, and while I still trawl Mmo-champ on a daily basis to keep tabs on upcoming changes, I haven't missed the game yet.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Not just that their cheap. They are mind you but it's more that this is content they can make or feel they can make fast enough to keep players engaged and subbed. The thing is being bored because content isn't rewarding or compelling enough is arguable worse than being bored because you exhausted the available rewarding content. In the later I was entertained at one point. In the former I was never entertained.
    There's quite some truth to this...

One of the reasons I attribute to the success of Wrath LFD was the sheer number of dungeons to run. 15 total dungeons in the end... if you play LFD for 1.5 hours, at 30 minutes average per dungeon, that equates to 3 dungeons a day. Mathematically you could play for 5 days and theoretically NEVER get a single repeat dungeon in that time!

Now, flash forward to patch 4.3 and burnout happens horribly with those 3 repeat dungeons over and over and OVER again! I can't speak for the Pandaria Dalies, as I am currently not playing - but this theory might apply if they don't offer enough variety in those daily quests.

Indeed, I'm having a blast right now playing Skyrim at endgame for these very reasons. I'm just slowly going back to old dungeons, and I literally don't see the same dungeon/city for weeks as there's so many to play, thus they never get old for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If only there was some way you could NOT do the optional daily quest content! Like perhaps getting your gear through one of the other avenues Blizzard implemented such as dungeons, pvp or raids. Its almost as if the intention was to give gear options OUTSIDE of those three normal methods.
    I see what you did there
    Totally agree too...