Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Energy Regeneration/Cost per attack. PLEASE listen Devs

Dear GMs and community,

I have never posted here before as I have never felt like i needed too until now.

I have played a Rogue for a very long time and the reason i have played is because it was fast paced and exciting. We all know that at present energy regeneration is very slow and make the class one of many auto attacks.

I would ask Blizzard PLEASE reduce the cost of mutilate and Sinister strike by just 5 to make the gameplay bearable.

We understand that with much HC gear comes much haste however most casual players will never get that loot and will be stuck in a world of auto attacks infact most skilled players will also never get close to that loot as they are unlikely to have a place on a raid team if they cannot produce.

Rogues have always been taken traditionally to raids because of their mighty cleave however this is pretty useless atm as reaching enough combo points to make an evicerate is very unlikely infact reaching 4 points is painfull let alone 5.

I understand completley Blizzard that monks are your new baby and they need nerturing which is fine. However they completley lack a decent cleave too.

I ask as a long time supporter of Blizzard and a Rogue at heart please listen too us devs as gameplay is boring and attention span is not what gamers are known for.

I personally think the new continent is quite beautiful and you have done a great job which is why i am a little saddened at the way we have been disgarded.

Tangsour AQ rogue

I think that's a poor solution to a short term problem.

I would like an attack off the global, maybe one that costs a combo point and isn't worth using normally. We should have higher APM than warriors.

Deleted
    Couple of things;
    1. you would be better off posting this on the official forums.
    2. Your damage is balanced around your energy regeneration - even though your energy regen may be low, your damage is tuned to counter this (basing this on the fact that Rogues are just above the middle of the pack on Raidbots/WoL/SimC). And as a result of this, your cleave damage with Blade Flurry is balanced as well - even though it may feel slow.
    3. Monks aren't "Blizzard's new baby" in any way.
    4. non-combat rogues, especially Assassination, have always had a slow rotation. It's what the class is.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Couple of things;
    1. you would be better off posting this on the official forums.
    2. Your damage is balanced around your energy regeneration - even though your energy regen may be low, your damage is tuned to counter this (basing this on the fact that Rogues are just above the middle of the pack on Raidbots/WoL/SimC). And as a result of this, your cleave damage with Blade Flurry is balanced as well - even though it may feel slow.
    4. non-combat rogues, especially Assassination, have always had a slow rotation. It's what the class is.
    Nevermind the fact that you're playing with low levels of haste this tier.

In two tiers, you'll likely be swinging just as quickly as you were in dragon soul.

Assassination rogues are fine where there are. The spec is about POISON damage, not Mutilate.

Subtlety would/should be the spec that would get this 1CP-finisher ability. Turn Subtlety into a complex spec again!
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Tbh, I rather have a raid CD than fix engery regen. I feel its fine as all three specs. But that's just me.

I do agree that the OP is probably in subepic gear. In raids I'm not energy starved single target.

A raid CD would be amazing. Something as simple as a debuff that reduces all damage the boss does by X% or something on a long cooldown.

I agree i can do damage the point is gameplay is dull and lacklustre.
    Yes Ass has always been slow but never this slow.
    Combats description is a swashbuckler who stands toe to toe with enermies. Lol standing is what it feels like im doing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Couple of things;
    This made me lol.

OT: I agree with making Sub a better spec. Mut spec is fine - Combat is about as boring as it gets.

Deleted
    I understand completley Blizzard that monks are your new baby and they need nerturing which is fine. However they completley lack a decent cleave too.
    We're pretty even with rogues and worse off in the cleave department owning to the fact we don't have any.

I would love a raid cd too, I suggested before mop in some forums that something similar to cloak could be used as a raid wide shield on a long cd.
    The truth is we are a pure dps class that is not brought to raids because of the utility we bring its because we should rock the dps table and help beat enrage timers.
    Shammies and priests bring healing why make them op dps too?

Quote Originally Posted by tangsour View Post
    Yes Ass has always been slow but never this slow.
    Yes it has. The only reason it "feels" this slow is because two months ago it was pulling 80k in Dragon Soul (5.0.2 patch) because Haste was above 13.5 energy/sec, Mastery was at 80%, and Crit was at 30+%.

Come back in a Tier or two and Assassination will be PERFECT.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonballs View Post
    This made me lol.

OT: I agree with making Sub a better spec. Mut spec is fine - Combat is about as boring as it gets.
    It is true.
    WW monk lower single target damage, lower AoE damage, no cleave damage. (damage from WoL and Raidbots.com)
    No raid CD/utility just like rogue.
    WW monk is worse than rogue, no matter how you spin it.

BrM monk (tank) is the worst progressing tank there currently is. It have the highest damage, but the with the worst CD and passive defense during progression it is not the best choice.

MW monk is currently very OP, but is getting a pretty big nerf , while not 40% like people are claiming but still a really large nerf.
    With the nerf it could make it the worst healer.
    Since AoE heal will be around same as other class, but MW monk have worst healer CD and single target heal in game, and again no raid utility.

Good thing, I also have a Warlock and Druid, lol.

EDIT: By rogue I meant Assassination and combat, not including subtly.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-11-15 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    Yes it has. The only reason it "feels" this slow is because two months ago it was pulling 80k in Dragon Soul (5.0.2 patch) because Haste was above 13.5 energy/sec, Mastery was at 80%, and Crit was at 30+%.

That's wrong. You were pulling those numbers due to legnedary procing off posions.

And, I think we're the class that doesnt bring a raid cooldown now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post

You had 35% haste and 80% mastery ok sure....

I definitely had 80% mastery. I forget the amount of haste exactly, but it was a hell of a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I definitely had 80% mastery. I forget the amount of haste exactly, but it was a hell of a lot.
    80% mastery I wasn't questioning I was pointing out the fact he wouldn't have both of them at the same time.

35% haste is hard to believe. As a COMBAT rogue, who stacks haste, I had only ~30%. And that was 30% WITH swiftblade's cunning included (30% haste with swiftblade's cunning was about 3.2k haste rating). 35% haste would require 4200 haste rating at level 85. Even if that 35% included swiftblade's cunning, you'd still need 3.8k haste.

Deleted
    even though rogue wil be fine in 1 or 2 tears (lots of haste etc.) it's still bad design then.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Nevermind the fact that you're playing with low levels of haste this tier.

In two tiers, you'll likely be swinging just as quickly as you were in dragon soul.
    I can attest to this! I am just a casual player, but I am lucky enough to get a shot at LFR once or twice a week, so I've started to see appreciable increases in haste values on my gear. I'll COMPLETELY RATIFY what BlackBlade is saying: as you ascend in gear levels (again, I play maybe 10 hours per week, that is it, but I am sporting a incrementally improving set of gear.) Even with crafted gear and heroic dungeon gear, you'll start to see a lot of gains.

And don't forget: there are a combination of absolutely LETHAL cooldowns that allow for four or five full-fledged/Deep Insight/trinked/AdrenalineRushed/pot-popped/blade flurry cleave on a couple of bosses that just DEVASTATE the DPS totals rest of the raiders. At iLevel 469, I am pulling 140K DPS for extended stretches of time every 2-3 minutes. Good shi...!

Personally, I think the rogue is a little clunky; the Revealing Strike mechanic seems like a redundant addition of another cooldown we always have to keep up. Add it to Slice n Dice, Rupture, etc. etc. etc. that we have to watch. I feel like a rickety old Wrath-era elemental shaman.

And to echo some of the other points in this thread, the Rogue is definitely playing MUCH different, and I will not lie: this is the first xpac since I started playing where I am looking out of the corner of my dilgent, daily-grinding eye at my handful of other level 85s I'd rather be playing. Resto Shaman -- good, fun toon; Warlock, we all know where that class is at (FUN) now; even my Paladin Tank with all her glittery animations beckons.

Finally, the game is just stunning on full detail. It's a visual feast all the time. After a few months, I'm just making a dent in everything.

Camp