Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    even if you stack haste later in this expansion you'll never reach the same energy regen as in cata, they did nerf it too hard for some specs, for combat it was fine, but assa needs a buff, make the venomous wounds 15 energy again and 100% proc.

  2. #22
    Im at 485 gear score and energy regen isn't a problem with muti anymore, sure you have some down time but I'm getting off evis and keeping up rupture so the rotation is solid. Now combat is a different animal altogether. The rotation in clunky at best and under any non patchwork fight a pain in the ass. I spend more combo points on S+D than I do on evis and when that hits it makes me sad to see 30k cross my screen. Combat really needs to be worked over. its a shame too because combat has been my fav spec since BC and now I can't stand it.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    even if you stack haste later in this expansion you'll never reach the same energy regen as in cata, they did nerf it too hard for some specs, for combat it was fine, but assa needs a buff, make the venomous wounds 15 energy again and 100% proc.
    Aye, I tried Assassination spec for about two minutes before I was like, so, uhhhhhhh, I have to wait to spam a mutilate??? And the mutis are so slow-coming that you sometimes can only get one off during a 5-CP Envenom...

    Sluuuuu-uhhhhhhhh-uggish.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 06:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by phenom568 View Post
    Im at 485 gear score and energy regen isn't a problem with muti anymore, sure you have some down time but I'm getting off evis and keeping up rupture so the rotation is solid. Now combat is a different animal altogether. The rotation in clunky at best and under any non patchwork fight a pain in the ass. I spend more combo points on S+D than I do on evis and when that hits it makes me sad to see 30k cross my screen. Combat really needs to be worked over. its a shame too because combat has been my fav spec since BC and now I can't stand it.
    At 469, I havent tried on Assassi since I was in the 450s. I'll try it again. The AOE has to be pretty sexy in some of those raid pulls...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    Assassination rogues are fine where there are. The spec is about POISON damage, not Mutilate.

    Subtlety would/should be the spec that would get this 1CP-finisher ability. Turn Subtlety into a complex spec again!
    Alleluia. Let's have Sub back as the top damage spec but the highest skill cap. God I miss that.

  5. #25
    Bloodsail Admiral Chrispotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,188
    If you have bad gear, your class is bad. Who knew?
    Seriously go play runescape.

  6. #26
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,157
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Nevermind the fact that you're playing with low levels of haste this tier.

    In two tiers, you'll likely be swinging just as quickly as you were in dragon soul.
    This only furthers to highlight how bad the design is, having a class only become fluid to play at the end of each expansion is a joke.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  7. #27
    I like the current energy model. Makes it almost possible to do 100% of your potential as someone with 180ms in the oceanic region.

    playing a GCD capped class like a hunter with that 20-25% lower delay is awful.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I definitely had 80% mastery. I forget the amount of haste exactly, but it was a hell of a lot.
    my fully DS heroic geared and mastery reforged legendary wielding assas rogue has 65.56% mastery as base , unless you were running double mastery proc trinkets i doubt you reached 80% mastery tbh (14.56% haste , 25.2% crit as other stats)
    ^^

  9. #29
    Was looking at the simcrafts at http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html and it would seem like both feral druids and rogues could use something to reduce the time spent auto-attacking.

    Shaman Ele 0.00%
    Hunter BM 0.00%
    Hunter MM 0.00%
    Hunter SV 0.00%
    Druid Balance 0.00%
    Mage Fire 0.00%
    Mage Frost 0.00%
    Priest Shadow 0.00%
    Warlock Affli 0.00%
    Warlock Demo 0.00%
    Mage Arcane 0.02%
    Monk 1h WW 0.02%
    Monk 2h WW 0.02%
    Warrior Arms 0.06%
    Warlock Destro 0.11%
    DK Frost 1h 3.76%
    Warrior 2h Fury 4.67%
    Warrior 1h Fury 5.01%
    Pala Ret 7.50%
    DK Frost 2h 11.18%
    DK Unholy 15.76%
    Shaman Ehance 18.08%
    Rogue Combat 31.44%
    Rogue Sub 35.69%
    Druid Feral 40.80%
    Rogue Assa 44.98%

    Unless I'm mistaken this would be the minimum amount of downtime possible for all dps specs in T14H gear.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Tbh, I rather have a raid CD than fix engery regen. I feel its fine as all three specs. But that's just me.
    I would also like some sort of raid cd. Group stealth is working wonders...

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhinkis View Post
    Was looking at the simcrafts at http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html and it would seem like both feral druids and rogues could use something to reduce the time spent auto-attacking.

    Shaman Ele 0.00%
    Hunter BM 0.00%
    Hunter MM 0.00%
    Hunter SV 0.00%
    Druid Balance 0.00%
    Mage Fire 0.00%
    Mage Frost 0.00%
    Priest Shadow 0.00%
    Warlock Affli 0.00%
    Warlock Demo 0.00%
    Mage Arcane 0.02%
    Monk 1h WW 0.02%
    Monk 2h WW 0.02%
    Warrior Arms 0.06%
    Warlock Destro 0.11%
    DK Frost 1h 3.76%
    Warrior 2h Fury 4.67%
    Warrior 1h Fury 5.01%
    Pala Ret 7.50%
    DK Frost 2h 11.18%
    DK Unholy 15.76%
    Shaman Ehance 18.08%
    Rogue Combat 31.44%
    Rogue Sub 35.69%
    Druid Feral 40.80%
    Rogue Assa 44.98%

    Unless I'm mistaken this would be the minimum amount of downtime possible for all dps specs in T14H gear.
    Interesting, I guess I don't feel the down time in assassination because you get a decent flow of combo points. Combat you do alot more that hits for less and generates fewer combo points

  12. #32
    I really don't get why pooling is considered frustrating for you guys. I find it frustrating to become GCD limited instead of energy limited, personally.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I really don't get why pooling is considered frustrating for you guys. I find it frustrating to become GCD limited instead of energy limited, personally.
    Haven't got anything against pooling energy but when you're just standing there doing nothing but pooling half the time it gets somewhat boring at times.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogaeu View Post
    rogue wil be fine in 1 or 2 tears
    Incredibly accurate for a typo IMO.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Incredibly accurate for a typo IMO.
    I feel that was intentional.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    even if you stack haste later in this expansion you'll never reach the same energy regen as in cata, they did nerf it too hard for some specs, for combat it was fine, but assa needs a buff, make the venomous wounds 15 energy again and 100% proc.
    Are you crazy? Assassination's energy regen is HIGHER than it was in cata at the same level of haste. Venomous wounds gives MORE ENERGY than it did in cata. Once in T16H I assure you, assassination will have more energy than at 85 in DS. Venomous wounds was never 15 energy. It was 10 energy at 60% chance in cata. It's 10 energy at 75% chance now.

    In fact, given trends in CURRENTLY AVAILABLE GEAR I can predict that we'll have more haste (in terms of percentage) in T16H gear than we did in T13H.

    My rogue's combat gear is already at almost 13.9 energy/sec, and that's at a measely 484 item level. I had about 15 energy/sec at 407 item level at 85 post-5.0.

    Having 3 grades of gear per tier for EVERY tier (instead of just 1) is going to lead to more stat inflation at end-of-expansion than we had in cata.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-11-16 at 08:07 PM.

  17. #37
    I've tried multiple classes this expansion so far (Huntard, DK, Mage, Monk) and I still find the rogue the most fun in PvE raiding. Sure, it could be better, that is always the case... but the energy isn't the baddie here. Get some gear (480+) and try it out then. Its okay. As combat during AS+Heroism you're almost gonna be energy capped WITH 0.8 sec global CDs... Its an awesome "Killing machine" feel tbh.

    Problems are more like:
    -more interactive raid support... (yes, we bring good buffs and debuffs, take less damage and are mobile etc. but some short term raid buffs would be nice)
    -less autoattack dmg, more action dmg (this really needs no explanation)

  18. #38
    Play Sub. Barely any down time, fun rotation unlike combat/mut, great flow of combo points and energy and good dps if you're smart.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •