Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuulikki 27 View Post
    You are awesome, thank you for not being the only one like this! *hug* lol

The EA hate flows deep in this thread eh? so much people don't care steam is just as bad, they ignore it just to shit on EA a lil bit.
    I love the responses from people about BF3, specially when it was the only time they delt with origins but here they are to say how horrible it was and how luck you are, good god, why dont you use steam? it's so great!?!?!
    Also, watch out for microsofts app plan, it's going to kill your father and rape your mother cause it will cost steam.
    Seeing how EA is handling their business it's easy to understand why people hate them. And by that I don't even mean Origin. I mean how they handle IPs and other companies they buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Because that's their policy...
    It would also be remarkably easy for them to give everyone every game, but they don't.
    Would refunds be nice? Sure. But if they don't do them then there's a reason (probably the missing 85%) and all you can really do is hope you get lucky.
    Except this isn't really any different than for physical product. Sure, it feels like, but it's still a case of the seller only getting to keep a certain percentage of what the customer pays for the game. If the distributor sends a faulty disk to gamestop, gamestop still has to refund/credit/whathaveyou for the full purchase price of the game, not just the portion that they got. It's then up to them, if they care enough, to try and get recompense for the faulty product they were provided. This is how any return of physical product works. This is usually why there's such strong stipulations about returns, because the convoluted method of multiple middle-men are what leads to the price you actually pay, and it is very different than the money the people you paid actually keep in relation to the item you bought.

I doubt it would be difficult for steam to work out a system of holding back x% of the next sale on a game after having to give a refund, or some form of getting compensation from the publisher when it comes to refunds. And that's if the loss would be enough for it to be worth their time to bother with. "Oh, you got FO:3 GOTY edition for $5 on sale and it doesn't work? Hrmm...not sure we should refund that since we'd lose maybe $3-4 if we couldn't get it back from the publishers."

Saying "they have no obligation" doesn't mean anything either. We're saying they should have the obligation to compensate people who pay them for a product that ends up not working. You can say they don't have to all you want, that's not going to change our position that they should.
    Last edited by Xenofreak; 2012-11-15 at 11:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    I don't care who's "fault" it is, that's completely irrelevant, if a game doesn't work it doesn't work.
    All those games work for me, Win7 64 too. Played JE2 last night. Please just stop. It's obvious YOU hate steam.

It's your fault BTW. And Mass Effect 3 will NEVER come to Steam. Ea already said no. Shows what you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I'm not defending the screenshot. I am simply not attacking EA or Origin because of a bad customer service response. Mistakes happen. And origin does install to program files as the default. If you click default in Origin it will select C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games on a 64 bit operating system. I have mine set to a different drive since C:\ is my SSD.

I could easily see the REP mistakenly not including the rest of the command to delete the game folder (which would be \origin games\BF3 for example). It should have been something that was instantly corrected by the rep but things like that can happen when you have people that aren't experts in the field they are offering support in. There doesn't exist enough people in the world to be experts in all the things that need support.
    You did and are trying to excuse it on a mistake or something, though every line in those suggestions is pure nonsense.
    Why would you need to open and close user accounts without doing anything.
    Wtf would you need to make a folder called "LAG" for if you're removing the game.
    There is no reason to use the command prompt...

C:\Program Files (x86) isn't C:\Program Files ((x86) would probably remove far more programs and actually affect origin)

Whatever happened to customer service...

15+ Year Old Account
    Losing 7x more money than they gained is stopping them. And they have no obligation to.
    They only lose the cost of the original game. If you want to discuss this you can do it with out creating an arbitrary amount they lose. It literally costs nothing from Steam to deactivate a game and resell that game. Why? Because it is all code in a database. There is no used good involved because with digital distribution with in house rights management that is all in the hands of the digital distributor.

The only money that is lost by Steam is the money they were paid for the digital goods.

You can quote all the Steam Policies you want but just because something is currently done a certain doesn't mean it is the best way, they right way, or the only way it should be done. It literally serves nothing in this discussion because this isn't a discussion about what Steam currently allows but about what they should allow and what you are willing to accept and defend instead of having it different and better.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 06:43 PM ----------

C:\Program Files (x86) isn't C:\Program Files ((x86) would probably remove far more programs and actually affect origin)
    If the user doesn't have a 64 bit system then C:\Program Files (x86) is C:\Program Files. The x86 is created for no 64 bit programs in a 64 bit windows installation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Program_Files

I never defended it saying it was good customer service. It is terrible customer service, and a terrible response. The world isn't as black and white as defending or bashing. Mistakes and terrible service doesn't excuse bashing of an entire Company or Product over such things.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-11-15 at 11:45 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They only lose the cost of the original game. If you want to discuss this you can do it with out creating an arbitrary amount they lose. It literally costs nothing from Steam to deactivate a game and resell that game. Why? Because it is all code in a database. There is no used good involved because with digital distribution with in house rights management that is all in the hands of the digital distributor.

The only money that is lost by Steam is the money they were paid for the digital goods.
    Just because there's no reshelving or repackaging that's necessary doesn't change the fact that there is a disparity between what Valve keeps of what you paid them for the game, and what you paid them for the game. When you pay $60 for Dishonored, they don't keep all of that $60, yet in a refund, you'd expect all of those $60 from them. They then have to go through a process to get what went to publishers and everyone else back in some manner or take a loss on it.

Don't get me wrong, this doesn't change the fact that I think they should be offering refunds/credit for games that won't work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    It's your fault BTW. And Mass Effect 3 will NEVER come to Steam. Ea already said no. Shows what you know.
    Considering Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 are on steam (http://store.steampowered.com/search...rm=mass+effect) it is only logical that eventually it will go to Steam. Bioware and/or EA has never said never. The only thing that was ever said about steam availability is that it wouldn't be on for launch or "at this time".

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/16/ma...quires-origin/

Also if its fault can you tell how it is? Why is a program from steam working differently for you then it is for him? What could he have possibly done to make data that is exactly the same function differently?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. GRR... EA
    The whole internet has this pointless circle jerk, why the fuck moan about EA when there are companies like Nike paying people pennies to work in horrible conditions for 15 hours a day. Origin is fine, competition for Steam can only be a good thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I'm thinking that everyone has now relieved their stress from a day at work and no longer needs this thread. Since there is no discussion going on about the actual topic, I'm closing it
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right