10+ Year Old Account

Power Shot is a "Skill shot"

pologies if discussed already. Tweets posted on the 12th of Nov if you want to find them.
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @TosanTribe Keep hearing that but it doesn't repro easily. Does it ever happen on target dummies who don't move?

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @ThugcleavinWoW It is a "skill shot" (like Divine Star) so it can miss targets that move. That may be what players are seeing.

When and were does it say Power shot is a skill shot. So if someone moves left to right they can dodge our ability that takes over 2 seconds to cast.

So i guess we now know why power shot seems to never work In PvP.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Nvidia GTX 1080 ASUS STRIX OC | MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming 5 | 16GB Cosair Vengence 2400 | 128GB Vertex 4 |3TB Seagate Barracuda | AX750 | Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | H110I Extreme Cooler | ASUS VS229H-P Black 21.5 IPS | AOC 1080p | Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Logitech g600 | Sennheiser HD558

There was a large thread about this on the role forums 2-3 days after MOP came out.

what? how can powershot miss targets? does it act any different than Glaives? (they do follow the primary target when it runs away)
    I would think he is talking about potential other targets that are on the way to the primary target, but don't quite anderstand what they are saying anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    what? how can powershot miss targets? does it act any different than Glaives? (they do follow the primary target when it runs away)
    I would think he is talking about potential other targets that are on the way to the primary target, but don't quite anderstand what they are saying anyway
    With glaives the animation follows the target and you if you move but they don't hit, what you see is a delay in the animation. Glaives and PS travel along a straight predesignated path unlike other spells. Which is created from where you were when you fired and where your target was. If your target moves off the path during flight time it won't hit.

It would help if blizzard made the path visible for the caster. The best example I can think of is the adds during ship in DS that charge. They create a circle at the person they are targeting and the path they will charge is visible.

really?? is it only the animation that follows the target/me ? well that sounds very desillusionary...
    have to test that out...
    how is it then supposed to be a "skill shot" I mean you can't direct it, you can only target a player and cast it. if he moves you never hit? hmpf oO don't believe it yet ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    skillshot my ass , its bugshot. shillshot = aimed in direction and hoping it hits, powershit atm is tabtarget and cast forever which has nothing to do with skillshots mechanics

I've never actually used the ability. It has massive downsides, a huge cast time, a large focus cost, and an awkward cooldown time. It also sims worse than glaives even in a fight without any movement. Soo... why are we even talking about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzhyo View Post
    I've never actually used the ability. It has massive downsides, a huge cast time, a large focus cost, and an awkward cooldown time. It also sims worse than glaives even in a fight without any movement. Soo... why are we even talking about it?
    It's used in PVP because knockbacks are kinda ok.

large focus cost? it cost 20, which is only 5 more than glaive. and you only "pay" it once per minute, thus you spend 66% less focus on "that tier spell" if using powershot, thats actually an argument for powershot.
    its burst, which can be helpfull. and you gain more from using readyness for this spell.
    doing some personal testing on dummies (over 20mins of normal rota) indicated to me that they actually do very similar damage overall.
    why? Powershot always lines up with BW (I tested as BM), thus always gaining +10% dmg, compared to glaives, which at most 1/4 get the dmgbonus.
    you cast for 2-2.7sec every minute for PS, while you use 4sec per minute on Glavie tosses. PS saves 40focus every minute. (also considering BW its ~43)
    (PS does not surpress autoshots, so no difference there)
    it's not that bad actually, just horribly undervalued

Seriously? They expect that to be a somewhat viable choice in PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzhyo View Post
    Only use i've found for it in PVE is to knockback 4 Emperor's rages adds on Will of The Emperor heroic. My guild CC's 1 pair of emperor's rages tilll the next pair comes and then kill the 4 together and this shot is very nice for that. It only takes 10-15 seconds to kill the 4 adds so you don't really get to use more than 1 glaive toss or Barrage anyway so the 1 min cd on powershot isn't really a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ltm View Post
    With glaives the animation follows the target and you if you move but they don't hit, what you see is a delay in the animation. Glaives and PS travel along a straight predesignated path unlike other spells. Which is created from where you were when you fired and where your target was. If your target moves off the path during flight time it won't hit.
    Damn, I didn't know this. You've kinda ruined glaives for me -_-