Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    That is false. The 680M uses the same GK104 chip but with one less SMX cluster.
    Yep you're right http://i.imgur.com/lxs8j.jpg

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Meanwhile sitting here with a HD7870.

Well...I don't have that much money.

Can somebody say something to comfort me? T_T
    I'm sitting here with a 560 Ti. -.-
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Hehe...well life is unfair. :P

All systems are made equal. But some are more equal than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    YOU PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND MY PAIN!!!

No, but seriously, I could have gotten the 570 at the time I got the 560 Ti (though I DID get the MSI TFII 560 Ti OC for only $213, so that was nice... This was June 2011) and I regret it. Back then I was just like "well, WoW is like, all I play. So, why should I get a 570?

Dumbest mistake ever, since I quit WoW for good less than 2 months later...
    "A flower.

Deleted

No, but seriously, I could have gotten the 570 at the time I got the 560 Ti (though I DID get the MSI TFII 560 Ti OC for only $213, so that was nice... This was June 2011) and I regret it. Back then I was just like "well, WoW is like, all I play. So, why should I get a 570?

So what do you play now than? You sound like you need more power :P

Im just happy with my 7970, altho i guess i would have also been with a 7950. But getting a 1440p screen this week so, the extra power is good. Making me more happy with the 7970 :P

But deltrus, look at it this way. Your need to upgrade is sooner --> new stuff to play with.

Get the 770 when it releases.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    That is false. The 680M uses the same GK104 chip but with one less SMX cluster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Yea, that's GTX 670, not GTX 680 then.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Okay, now say that in a language where we can follow your logic. Because I frankly did not understand how you reached this conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Okay, now say that in a language where we can follow your logic. Because I frankly did not understand how you reached this conclusion.
    I did. A gtx 680 with one smx unit disabled makes 13xx cuda cores, which is the gtx 670 and the gtx680m (with lower clocks). Die size is pretty much 100% the same and the transistors are equal as well 3540M trans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Get the 770 when it releases.
    If I get $300-400 on Christmas, I'll buy whatever is out at the time, most likely a 660 Ti - 670. Really hoping to afford a 670.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    So what do you play now than? You sound like you need more power :P

Im just happy with my 7970, altho i guess i would have also been with a 7950. But getting a 1440p screen this week so, the extra power is good. Making me more happy with the 7970 :P

But deltrus, look at it this way. Your need to upgrade is sooner --> new stuff to play with.
    Sorry forgot to answer this:

Rift and Skyrim are the two main ones.

Rift is VERY GPU-intensive, on top of VERY CPU-intensive. I barely run it even on high and I cannot get constant 60 fps unless out in one of the old zones. - The new zones for Storm Legion are very demanding.

Skyrim I'd like to go mega-mod mode on, but I feel getting a better GPU first would be a good idea.http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/19/skyrim-graphics-mods/
    "A flower.

If I get $300-400 on Christmas, I'll buy whatever is out at the time, most likely a 660 Ti - 670. Really hoping to afford a 670.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 03:28 AM ----------

Sorry forgot to answer this:

Rift and Skyrim are the two main ones.

Rift is VERY GPU-intensive, on top of VERY CPU-intensive. I barely run it even on high and I cannot get constant 60 fps unless out in one of the old zones. - The new zones for Storm Legion are very demanding.

Skyrim I'd like to go mega-mod mode on, but I feel getting a better GPU first would be a good idea.http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/19/skyrim-graphics-mods/
    Wow the graphics are just amazinggg. Wish there was just a GUI to install the mods instead of editing files etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Wow the graphics are just amazinggg. Wish there was just a GUI to install the mods instead of editing files etc..
    There is, as far as I'm aware. Do a Skyrim Mod Manager search.

670m is more similar to a 580 than an actual 670. Older tech clearly used.

Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-12-11 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    670m is more similar to a 580 than an actual 670. Older tech clearly used.
    On account of it being Fermi, yes. But not GTX 580, no.

The GTX 680M is more closely related to the GTX 670 than the GTX 680 which was my point.

The GTX 680M is more closely related to the GTX 670 than the GTX 680 which was my point.
    Performance of the 670m is on par w/ the GTX 580, huge step for FERMI mobile step up. I'd have to say the 660 670 and 680 are all way to similar in every respect, from performance on down.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Performance of the 670m is on par w/ the GTX 580, huge step for FERMI mobile step up. I'd have to say the 660 670 and 680 are all way to similar in every respect, from performance on down.
    Excuse me, but I have no idea what you are even trying to say, or why it's an argument against what I'm saying.

Excuse me, but I have no idea what you are even trying to say, or why it's an argument against what I'm saying.
    Why do you assume its an argument? Why did I have a reason to argue with you? Counter points conversation and forum threads are not "arguments", not only am I not in anyway agitated im not trying to convince you Im not having a heated discussion absolutely nothing that constitutes an argument.

If you want an argument Ill say your wrong, facts are facts its Gk104 all chips of the line are too similar to each other to even remotely start a this is closer to this argument, the mobile performance is probably on par w/ the 670 but they are both as similar to 680's as each other, that and the fact that they start 680 and make every subsequent gpu from the top model on down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Milkshake, no one was ever talking about the 670M. People were talking about the 680M, which is a totally different chip, it's essentially an underclocked FULL GTX 670.
    "A flower.

Milkshake, no one was ever talking about the 670M. People were talking about the 680M, which is a totally different chip, it's essentially an underclocked FULL GTX 670.
    Yea? I said the 670m is the GPU he was thinking of, it is infact old tech w/ a pretty decent power improvement, stating its closer to a 580 than an actual 6xx chip. Not once did I make some statement of the 680m being an underclocked 670, nor was I the one to say

Which is horribly inaccurate and if your cosigning a mod just because he is a mod then sure you go for it, changes nothing in the factual world that the 680 and 670 are already more closely related than just about anything, so then if a 680m is more closely related to a 670 than a 680 WTF is he referring too? The architecture is identical from 660-680, with minor things to make them "midgrade - Highend".

Atleast read that I said the 670 is closer to a 580 which was just pointing out that the 680 was NOT on the fermi list, but an actual GK104 chip but along w/ the desktop products the 104 had problems w/ yields leading to money loss, but releasing notebooks than strangely have very minor differences in GPU power makes it an even larger money drain, need to have pricepoints that are valid.