Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Yea? I said the 670m is the GPU he was thinking of, it is infact old tech w/ a pretty decent power improvement, stating its closer to a 580 than an actual 6xx chip. Not once did I make some statement of the 680m being an underclocked 670, nor was I the one to say
    Which is horribly inaccurate and if your cosigning a mod just because he is a mod then sure you go for it, changes nothing in the factual world that the 680 and 670 are already more closely related than just about anything, so then if a 680m is more closely related to a 670 than a 680 WTF is he referring too? The architecture is identical from 660-680, with minor things to make them "midgrade - Highend".

Atleast read that I said the 670 is closer to a 580 which was just pointing out that the 680 was NOT on the fermi list, but an actual GK104 chip but along w/ the desktop products the 104 had problems w/ yields leading to money loss, but releasing notebooks than strangely have very minor differences in GPU power makes it an even larger money drain, need to have pricepoints that are valid.
    Eh... the mobile GPU's numbering does not directly correlate to the current desktop GPU's performance. The 670m is virtually just an overclocked 570m. The 570m performs no where near a GTX 580.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/note...specifications

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

The 680m however, IS very similar to the GTX 670.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

Addendum: Why's this even a subject for debate?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Addendum: Why's this even a subject for debate?
    No one knows, he brought it up randomly, while the rest of us were talking solely about the GTX 670, 680, and 680M.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

More to the point, why are we talking about 600 series in a thread about 700 series again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    More to the point, why are we talking about 600 series in a thread about 700 series again?
    You know... that's a good point.

I think it had to do though with people starting to ask how the 780 could be SO much better than the 680, and then people started from there? Maybe?
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You know... that's a good point.

I think it had to do though with people starting to ask how the 780 could be SO much better than the 680, and then people started from there? Maybe?
    Sounds about right. I'm still hoping that the 780 is equivalent in raw horsepower to 2 GTX 670's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Sounds about right. I'm still hoping that the 780 is equivalent in raw horsepower to 2 GTX 670's.
    If these specs:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2288029

at all turn out to be accurate, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a nice increase, but I think where it will REALLY shine, is the 1440p/1600p/4k resolution departments. That 384-bit membus is going to be the shining jewel of it, in comparison to the 600 series cards, because they seem to fall behind AMD's 7xxx cards, for that purpose, I think, on the bigger resolutions.
    "A flower.

A little iffy... Having those kind of specs with a 28nm chip
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Confined View Post
    A little iffy... Having those kind of specs with a 28nm chip
    Why? What's so crazy about it? It's not far-fetched compared to the already live GK 104 GTX 680.

Frankly...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814132008

Says hello.

That's the same GPU chip it would be based on.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Where do you guys get the money for these cards. -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    sell old card usually covers 50% of the price for buying the newest xD (or atleast that is what i did and intend to do for next series if performance upgrade is worth it)
    also wishes they actually used the GK 110 in consumer GPU's aswell (overkill is overrated in the gpu department )

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Why? What's so crazy about it? It's not far-fetched compared to the already live GK 104 GTX 680.

Frankly...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814132008

Says hello.

That's the same GPU chip it would be based on.
    Its 50% better than 680 and the same die size..
    I do hope its that good coz I aim to sell my 560ti for one of those if thats the case
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I work. Annnnd credit cards help.

Edit: Whoops, hit post too soon. I'd be mildly shocked if they actually make the Tesla, or more specifically, a chopped down version more publicly available so quickly, but I wouldn't say no to it.

Deleted
    I do hope its that good coz I aim to sell my 560ti for one of those if thats the case
    talking about new 7xx ones or tesla card? (because the latter wouldn't make any sense for gaming)

If you guys really think that the 780 with 2536 cuda cores & 384bit is going to be outperfomed by a 690, well don't have any words for it. I get with a gtx 680 + oc already 43K in 3dmark vantage while a gtx 690 only does 47-49K.

Pretty sure nvidia will bring such an amazing card out and they made a big mistake with their 680's because of the 256bit controller which was the main reason why 7970 wins with multiple monitors..

10+ Year Old Account
    A 670 would be a significant enough improvement over a 560 Ti, much less a 680. O_o

Not just performance either, think of the 4 monitors > 2 monitors support. The lovely DisplayPort. More VRAM.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind getting a 660 Ti, MAYBE a 660, but I'd rather not go lower end and low membus. Really hoping to at least get a 670.

As to Coolklinger asking how people pay for these expensive cards... think of it as a hobby. Some people buy expensive car/bike parts, some people collect expensive, old, rare coins, some people have 10 guitars and amps... all depends what you want to spend your hard-earned money on. $500 for a GPU doesn't seem like a huge stretch to me.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    talking about new 7xx ones or tesla card? (because the latter wouldn't make any sense for gaming)
    Nah about the rumored 780 card :P
    Tbh I still cant find anything that the 560ti cant run at 45+fps with smart graphical options.
    But yea those cards are really aimed at multi monitor setups specially with the way gaming industry is heading (console porting and all).

Deleted
    Tbh I still cant find anything that the 560ti cant run at 45+fps with smart graphical options.
    But yea those cards are really aimed at multi monitor setups specially with the way gaming industry is heading (console porting and all).
    true good thing a new pc jewel is due soon . (metro last light )
    likely gonna go for 780 aswell since my snowboarding trip is likely to get cancelled

The problem with that is the fact you get games like Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3 that can barely be maxed on single monitor setups. I don't consider multi-gpu setups as a good solution until they manage close to perfect scalability in all games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree quite a bit with this post.

First off, the 560 Ti is not optimal for several games, and why should one have to settle for shitty graphics? If you have the money, get the best GPU you can afford! Also, once you start going to real resolutions and 4k becomes more the norm, GPUs like the 560 Ti will really start to show their weakness. I'm personally tempted to get a 2560x1440 monitor, but I also realize I need a better GPU first, otherwise my fps will literally tank. By at LEAST 30%, if not up to 70%, since that's about the difference in pixels between 1920x1080 and 2560x1440.

Being that I play Rift and actually a fairly good-sized chunk of mmo-champion users are not WoW-players anymore/DO in fact play other games in addition to WoW, WoW should not be the only benchmark we consider. Want to play games like Rift, Skyrim, BF3, The Witcher 2, Guild Wars 2, Metro 2033, Crysis (whatever version), Far Cry 3, etc, at a real resolution with at least decent graphics settings? You'll need far stronger hardware, including a stronger CPU, though the CPU offerings right now are not at all bad.
    "A flower.

If i cant afford a 7950+ I dont think I can afford a 1440p screen :P
    But yea 560ti is showing its age but its still a decent card