Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Titan DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    14,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Confined View Post
    Nah about the rumored 780 card :P
    Tbh I still cant find anything that the 560ti cant run at 45+fps with smart graphical options.
    But yea those cards are really aimed at multi monitor setups specially with the way gaming industry is heading (console porting and all).
    I disagree quite a bit with this post.

    First off, the 560 Ti is not optimal for several games, and why should one have to settle for shitty graphics? If you have the money, get the best GPU you can afford! Also, once you start going to real resolutions and 4k becomes more the norm, GPUs like the 560 Ti will really start to show their weakness. I'm personally tempted to get a 2560x1440 monitor, but I also realize I need a better GPU first, otherwise my fps will literally tank. By at LEAST 30%, if not up to 70%, since that's about the difference in pixels between 1920x1080 and 2560x1440.

    Being that I play Rift and actually a fairly good-sized chunk of mmo-champion users are not WoW-players anymore/DO in fact play other games in addition to WoW, WoW should not be the only benchmark we consider. Want to play games like Rift, Skyrim, BF3, The Witcher 2, Guild Wars 2, Metro 2033, Crysis (whatever version), Far Cry 3, etc, at a real resolution with at least decent graphics settings? You'll need far stronger hardware, including a stronger CPU, though the CPU offerings right now are not at all bad.

  2. #122
    If i cant afford a 7950+ I dont think I can afford a 1440p screen :P
    But yea 560ti is showing its age but its still a decent card
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

  3. #123
    Titan DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    14,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Confined View Post
    If i cant afford a 7950+ I dont think I can afford a 1440p screen :P
    But yea 560ti is showing its age but its still a decent card
    Yeah, but even the 660 Ti is a fairly decent upgrade:

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/547?vs=647

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    If you guys really think that the 780 with 2536 cuda cores & 384bit is going to be outperfomed by a 690, well don't have any words for it. I get with a gtx 680 + oc already 43K in 3dmark vantage while a gtx 690 only does 47-49K.
    I think 3dmark doesnt play all that well with multiple GPUs. Because a 690 beats a 680 in quite some games etc.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah, but even the 660 Ti is a fairly decent upgrade:

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/547?vs=647
    Are you trying to convince us to convince you to upgrade your card?

  6. #126
    Titan DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    14,874
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Are you trying to convince us to convince you to upgrade your card?
    I need no convincing... I need $.
    Actively searching for a job/applying, and hoping for a decent Christmas. =/

  7. #127
    Looking forward to the 700 series. 2 x 680 isn't enough to run the latest releases such as Far Cry 3 in High/Ultra on my 3 screen rig. There's no logic to going up to 690 SLI right now, so I'm hoping the 700 series will arrive sooner rather than later.

  8. #128
    Titan DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    14,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    Looking forward to the 700 series. 2 x 680 isn't enough to run the latest releases such as Far Cry 3 in High/Ultra on my 3 screen rig. There's no logic to going up to 690 SLI right now, so I'm hoping the 700 series will arrive sooner rather than later.
    Pff! I'll gladly take one of those 680s off your hands. Ugh.

  9. #129
    Pff! I'll gladly take one of those 680s off your hands. Ugh.
    Yes sorry, bragging about that probably was a little unfortunate seeing your post right above. Still, hopefully you'll get your new job soon and you can treat yourself. I guess when the 700s come out there will be a load of 680's on ebay too, always nice to get a good deal.

  10. #130
    Titan DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    14,874
    Hehe no worries! That or a fortunate Christmas, but I'm not holding out too extreme hopes. :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •