Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico9240 View Post
    Were u fighting a varus/leona and you were paired with vayne?
    Hmm, nope, it was a caitlyn. Was in a game later on with a vayne vs varus, but at that time he had a lulu.

And she actually is affected? I guess i just didnt notice the speedbuff then.

As a sidenote, im not fully sure about what abilities to take first.
    I tend to take Q first and level it first of all the abilities since i like the heavy CD reduction along with some nice damage early on. W and E is then taken depending on if the lane is going well or not, but it tends to be E for the slow and damage steroid.
    What do you others do?

So, saw a few people trying the AP mid Nami thing now. All I can say is that I'm not impressed at all. Don't think I ever got the feeling of "HOly Shit that Nami is fed as fuck!"

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So, saw a few people trying the AP mid Nami thing now. All I can say is that I'm not impressed at all. Don't think I ever got the feeling of "HOly Shit that Nami is fed as fuck!"
    Yeah, I went with her on the PBE, tried ap on PG and it was kinda meh, not even the heal did much.

Yeah, she does damage but she can't and won't burst someone bellow their 40% with everything she has.

I love her as a support but yeah i tried going AP on her in a game where we had a DC and it was obviously going to be needed, just has no punch to pack. Her best thing is the fact that she can ult and Q and keep someone/s locked in place for a good few seconds while they are burst down. Outside of that, nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    As a sidenote, im not fully sure about what abilities to take first.
    I tend to take Q first and level it first of all the abilities since i like the heavy CD reduction along with some nice damage early on. W and E is then taken depending on if the lane is going well or not, but it tends to be E for the slow and damage steroid.
    What do you others do?
    I put 1 point in Q early thenn lv it last thinking if i miss it even with it maxed to a 10 sec cd its gonna be to late annyways.
    Max W first the heal and damage are pritty good and its easy to get some nice bouncing going, thenn E for the extra damage/slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    I put 1 point in Q early thenn lv it last thinking if i miss it even with it maxed to a 10 sec cd its gonna be to late annyways.
    Max W first the heal and damage are pritty good and its easy to get some nice bouncing going, thenn E for the extra damage/slow.
    Been considering something like that, its just that the manacost increase of the W put me off as the Q felt like free harrass in comparison. But i'll have a look and try W/E first instead, seems to be what most guides recommend aswell.

Been considering something like that, its just that the manacost increase of the W put me off as the Q felt like free harrass in comparison. But i'll have a look and try W/E first instead, seems to be what most guides recommend aswell.
    R > W > E > Q

1 rank in Q @ level 1.

"There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    R > W > E > Q

1 rank in Q @ level 1.
    If you go AP though, I think it's best to go R > Q > W > E.

But I don't see many people doing that, or, if you want a poke lane, like Sonna going Q first, I think you could go Q first instead of W but I really don't know if the damage is worth it or not or worth over the heal her W has.

I would personally rather mid Blitz or Taric, than mid Nami. I think midding Nami is just wasted potential.

In all honesty, her ability kit is quite amazing to her as a ADC, even though none of them scales on ap =)

How does she fare (as her intended support role)? I've a ton of IP saved up and I think it's time for a new champion. I also feel like I need to extend my support repertoire. So - is she any good? Immediate strengths/weaknesses?

Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    How does she fare (as her intended support role)? I've a ton of IP saved up and I think it's time for a new champion. I also feel like I need to extend my support repertoire. So - is she any good? Immediate strengths/weaknesses?
    Shes great. Her toolkit lets her do a lot both in lane and teamfights.
    Strengths, i'd say she has good cc, nice early harrass, and wonderful support abilities overall
    Weakness? Well, shes squishy.

Shes great. Her toolkit lets her do a lot both in lane and teamfights.
    Strengths, i'd say she has good cc, nice early harrass, and wonderful support abilities overall
    Weakness? Well, shes squishy.
    Adding to this:

She is made for team fights and for keeping up your partner. Nami and Darius is a truly beautiful and scary thing, as her E makes the target do more damage, and is affected by her passive. As long as you aren't by yourself, and have mana, you should never really die.

What I usually do is I level up W>E>W>E>Q>R then keep alternating between E and W until 11, get R, then just level Q until max (getting R again at 18 of course). The CC is very easy to dodge, and unless the enemy is distracted or if you are in a large team fight, it is hard to hit. However, the W and E abilities are what win lanes. I have carried baddies on my back because of this and am ready to carry or help a strong team move forward.
    WoW: Fiska 90 Holy Paladin (Mal'ganis)
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Awesome. Some mana issues if you spam your abilities a bit much, and her E is hard to read so your AD might not notice it. She is great fun though, with good CC, sustain and nice initiation and trade boost.

Since Nami is going to be my main support (or just main in general), what runes should I get? I know the guide said AD runes, but I usually never get off an AA except really early game. I was thinking Magic resist, AP, and perhaps some gold runes (much like the spotlight suggested) but I am really looking for what you guys think would be good. This will be my first rune page so be gentle!

Depends on what else you'd play. Armour reds, MPen reds can both work. Former mostly for tankier supports, latter for AP Mids. AD reds will work for AD carries or Top lanes. And junglers.

Seeing how mana hungry Nami is, you could consider Armour reds and splitting yellows for Armour/Mana Regen.

Well I like the tankier supports for sure, like Leona and Taric. Hmmm, I only have about 5.5kish IP. Would that be enough for at least one good rune page? I rather focus on a Nami based one since that is who I seriously play with more often than not.

Taking what you said into consideration, I think I will go with your final suggestion; getting armor reds and splitting yellows for armor/mana regen. I always play mana based characters, so they won't be wasted at all even if they aren't exactly the most optimal, for say example, Cass or Leona.

It's a start. Runes are pretty darn expensive though.

I know. I really wanted to get a handful of champs I could play decently well. So far I have a few, but not really any carries. I love playing support or "tanking" (not a LoL term, but being on the front lines against several enemies at once during team fights and just being hard to kill is just extremely fun for me) but I haven't really found a jungler or assassin that clicks for me yet, either.

I will try to get a few runes at least, though. I am only 17 so I have a lot of time before I can even touch ranked, but they will help a ton in normal games.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    I am only 17 so I have a lot of time before I can even touch ranked, but they will help a ton in normal games.
    Don't buy runes before you're level 20 at least and unlock the tier 3 ones, you'll have wasted a lot of IP otherwise!

Or was it 25? One of those.
    Meh.