Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Her R/ultimate... Well, the CC and range is freaking jawdropping, but I feel I have to be extra careful about using it since if I use it to initiate from some distance, I feel it's way too easy to dodge it.
    I found the ease in dodging it at long range to be advantageous on a few occasions, using it to guide enemies into a bad position by casting it along their escape path basically.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not played with her on my team yet, but I have played against her a bit. I really think some of her spell animations are a little on the slow side. The ult is really easy to avoid, and the ability were she lifts a player in a bubble is obviously telegraphed and slow to react. As Mundo i was able to avoid all but maybe one in the entire 35minute fight.

Also, i love getting free IP when i see someone playing her mid, but as I said I have only gone against her so far, I will hate to have a instalock mid Nami at this point.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    Only Played her in Bot game so far, only noticed she has a strong toolkit with everything a supports could wish for but all of those are pretty weak at a closer look. Q- Bubble is hard to hit for the area it covers is pretty slim and slow flying time, could be easier to chain it up with AoE Ults like her own or Zyra/Mumu. Heal is weak and very expensive and most of the time you wont get the poke off our other way round, you will have to build into chalice or tear with her to have a bit of sustain. E-Spell is ok but will be of use mostly in early game for the slow is not stronge and the damage even with full ap build not really noticable. The ultimate is good and makes the enemy team run if they dont get hit and you may safe some caught off guys from afar. Weakest thing is her passive which is super pointless speed boost is to low

Deleted
    I just watched the spotlight, by the way.

Apparently you're supposed to run AD Marks on her. Yes, Attack Damage Marks. What the fuck?
    Also, they were literally spamming abilities, yet they run Armor Yellows, and not MP5 Yellows.

These spotlights. Seriously.
    Doesn't like every single support use flat armor yellows these days? It increases your survivability massively and you shouldn't oom as a support anyway. Flat armor reds and yellows for the win imo.

Deleted
    After playing her support a couple of games I wanted to try her mid, got 5 dodges in a row and now I finally get a game 3 people told me they were gonna report me -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    That is because she is an incredibly poor choice as mid. Do it in a bot game if you want to waste people's time like that. At least you'll still win that way.

--

What AD would she work best with, you reckon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I really don't know but a game that has high burst could be a good partner to her.

Vayne, Corki, Graves?

Deleted
    That is because she is an incredibly poor choice as mid. Do it in a bot game if you want to waste people's time like that. At least you'll still win that way.

--

Feel like she has a good game with chars that lack slow or cc and have high early game damage like draven/cait, can harass the hell out of the enemy with E-Steroid need good vision though so be sure to set up wards to not get ganked.

Deleted

--
    And how exactly would I know that if I have never seen her played mid? It´s a normal game and nobody wanted mid, whats funnier is that I did better than anyone else on the team. She aint even that bad mid in my opinion not that the game I played was any good measurement for that.

Just goes to show how people will jump to conclusion and just follow what someone else says without even thinking about it themselves.
    Last edited by mmoc704a8b6868; 2012-12-08 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    And how exactly would I know that if I have never seen her played mid? It´s a normal game and nobody wanted mid, whats funnier is that I did better than anyone else on the team. She aint even that bad mid in my opinion not that the game I played was any good measurement for that.
    Possibly by looking at her abilities?

By being in a solo lane, you at most get one bounce out of her W. Unless you plan on auto attacking a lot, her E is going to be useless. She can not lane shove easily.

Everything about her screams "DUO LANE" - even her Ultimate does, by giving allied champs a movement speed if you hit them with it.

Expected:

Picture of nami from one piece

Might I say I am mildly dissapointed?
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2012-12-08 at 08:56 PM. Reason: giant image.

Deleted
    Possibly by looking at her abilities?

By being in a solo lane, you at most get one bounce out of her W. Unless you plan on auto attacking a lot, her E is going to be useless. She can not lane shove easily.

Everything about her screams "DUO LANE" - even her Ultimate does, by giving allied champs a movement speed if you hit them with it.
    Her Q oneshots the ranged minions with a little bit of AP. Mid lane has become quite passive lately and more about just farming up for teamfights. Any plays you make will most likely involve the jungler.

Regardless of how good or bad she is it´s always better to actually play her than theorycraft when all that´s on the line is a normal game loss.
    Last edited by mmoc704a8b6868; 2012-12-08 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She would suck in mid.
    I really don't like her.
    Glad I didn't buy her skin.

Played one game, and we won, but I just don't like the feel of her.
    Her skills are cool, and I learnt how to use them all, but eck.
    Glad to have a non-brain-dead ADC. Put E on them so we can escape due to the slow, and they would actually orb-walk them and slow them both instead of running and letting us both die. YIPPE!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    I played two games with her. First game my team was feeding Garen. It was just a mess and one of the only times I really wanted to surrender. We were all level 12-13 (enemies included) besides Garen, at 18. Ugh...painful. Second game, I was with Zed. Best. Duo. Ever. We destroyed our lane so I was able to help out other lanes as well (teleport is extremely useful, I don't care if it is viewed as a trash spell) and ended up 4-6-20 that game. Their Ahri was fed by TF, but me, our Ahri and Zed were able to carry him.

I LOVE her. My fav support so far (and I have Janna, Soraka and Taric :O).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Doesn't like every single support use flat armor yellows these days? It increases your survivability massively and you shouldn't oom as a support anyway. Flat armor reds and yellows for the win imo.
    Point was that I'd rather have mana regen yellows than AD reds. I can't see how AD reds would be effective besides a little bit of harass early game.

Also, of course when someone posts a picture of Nami from One Piece, it has to be in one of those poses.
    (That doesn't seem like it's from the original author though.)

Deleted
    Point was that I'd rather have mana regen yellows than AD reds. I can't see how AD reds would be effective besides a little bit of harass early game.

Also, of course when someone posts a picture of Nami from One Piece, it has to be in one of those poses.
    (That doesn't seem like it's from the original author though.)
    I don't quite see the problem here. AD REDS and mana YELLOWS. Pick whatever red you like AND mana yellows?

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I don't quite see the problem here. AD REDS and mana YELLOWS. Pick whatever red you like AND mana yellows?
    Because Armor is reds and yellows. If I pick AD reds, I should have armor yellows. If I pick MP5 yellows, I should have armor reds. If I go out without ANY armor, I am dead meat.

Also, I guess the reason I don't like AD marks is because I meet people who are not stupid enough to get into AA range of me, which is the reason why I rarely get to use Nami's Q in lane as well.

Maybe I just have bad luck. I don't know. But these days I don't get to get close very often before I get my face mauled off. Especially with all the moronic "kill lanes" these days.

Deleted
    Because Armor is reds and yellows. If I pick AD reds, I should have armor yellows. If I pick MP5 yellows, I should have armor reds. If I go out without ANY armor, I am dead meat.

Also, I guess the reason I don't like AD marks is because I meet people who are not stupid enough to get into AA range of me, which is the reason why I rarely get to use Nami's Q in lane as well.

Maybe I just have bad luck. I don't know. But these days I don't get to get close very often before I get my face mauled off. Especially with all the moronic "kill lanes" these days.
    Probably why I go Armor Reds and yellows really. I don't find AD that attractive on the champs I play and I don't need the mana so.

Yeah, I usually do that too, it's just some champs like Lulu, Nami, Sona etc. whom I tend to spam abilities a bit on. Hence the MP5 yellows.

But it really depends on the game. Sometimes you don't need to use many spells at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just played her bottom, 2 games. Had pretty terrible team. Although we smashed it out late game, I landed so many perfect Q's to stun multipul enemies in teamfights and catch the runners with my R. Range on the Q could be a little bigger for laning phase its a bit weak, W is good although you barely ever get it to bounce of/to multipul people just because everyone is running around and out ranging it most of the time. could do with a tweak in range imo.
    Enjoy playing her quite alot, looking forwards to more games tomorrow!