Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I'm somewhat doubtful wether to pick her or lulu on the support role, she looks amazing as a semi agressive champion but lulu, damn man, when she gets agressive with early Q ranks you'll rack up kills for your ADC (or yourself if he dies) extremely fast, meaning you'll end up getting somewhat tanky on the early/midgame (last night i remember watching mlg prizefight that had Ex-Orb LemonNation with like 2.5k, 500 hp over their lee-sin jungle lol).
    I play both, albeit not ranked, but I'd say that Lulu can actually solo the lane and poke until your opponents go mad ,from under that tower. Nami, on the other hand, can't. She fully relies on the ADC, which makes her more of a liability if your carry well..sucks. That said, if you manage to get in a good Q with Nami (use minion collision to your advantage) and your ADC responds to that the way he should and you follow that up with a quick E on him, followed up by a W right before you disengage, preferably on the enemy due to the 1,2,3 jump in comparison to the 1,2 jump if you cast it on your ally (assuming you're a bit further back), your ADC doesn't just win the exchange, but he also gets out with most of his HP intact.

That's the advantage of Nami to Lulu. I actually have lost the last 8 matches with Nami and I'd say only 1 or 2 were definitely partially my fault, which probably wouldn't happen to me on Lulu, but this is mostly due to bad or too passive ADC's. Last match I played, I had an Ashe, that never went aggressive. She just farmed until she ran out of mana and proceeded farming, out of mana. Never even once responded to my wellplaced Q's. Our lane opponents couldn't get closer, but we didn't prevent them from farming either. Mid got trashed, top had to sustain mid, snowball in place and rollin rollin. In my opinion, Nami really fits the profile of aggressive support, but only shines if the ADC plays well. Lulu is just a safe bet always. I'm only afraid of Blitz with her, but then I ask you, who doesn't fear Blitz.

Check this replay;
    It's me with Nami versus an opponent Lulu.
    http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2582517/
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-12-13 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nami can hold a lane, but not win it. Especially early game. With some potions and a few well placed Q's, I have won 1v2's on bot and on top. These are not ranked, but Nami is easily capable of holding out on her own. The only issue I've had is when a fed opponent comes into my lane and ganks me when I try to push or when I am near my turret but he/she is able to kill me in 3 hits either way.

I have yet to try Lulu. I don't think I have played a week when she was free yet due to my random hiatuses so I never got a chance to get a feel for her. However, I don't really see her being any better than Nami; just different means to the same end.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    Nami can hold a lane, but not win it. Especially early game. With some potions and a few well placed Q's, I have won 1v2's on bot and on top. These are not ranked, but Nami is easily capable of holding out on her own. The only issue I've had is when a fed opponent comes into my lane and ganks me when I try to push or when I am near my turret but he/she is able to kill me in 3 hits either way.

I have yet to try Lulu. I don't think I have played a week when she was free yet due to my random hiatuses so I never got a chance to get a feel for her. However, I don't really see her being any better than Nami; just different means to the same end.
    Oh no, there is no clear best, but if you want to farm, as an ADC, definitely take Lulu. If you want to put pressure on your lane, constantly, I actually think Nami would be a better choice, by a margin. Don't get me wrong, I've actually won lanes 1v2 with Lulu, but Nami just has more abilities that others fear. Get hit by a Q that slows, or by a Q that stuns. Get hit by a W that still allows you to walk away, or hit by a W that cannot be dodged and heals that damn ADC. Lulu's E is probably much, much better, but still forces Lulu to get close to her target to deal damage. On Nami, your carry does your E for you.

She's not stronger, persé. But with a capable ADC, I don't see Nami losing easily.

Either way, I think that replay I posted isn't so bad. Lulu wasn't so bad. Lacked support masteries though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope she is free again soon because I really want to try her out. Support is my favorite role and sometimes I like changing it up a little. Lulu looks like a ton of fun and people have been recommending her.

The last game I was in, my team fed the opposing team way too much in the first 15 minutes so we were all 11-12 and they were all 15+. I ended up getting 6 assists in 2 minutes as they assaulted the base due to my Q, E, and Ult. Nami is AMAZING at set ups but yeah, she needs a strong partner or a team with her to really be effective.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Deleted
    So I bought her. So far my record is something like 2 wins to 5 losses. Derp. But - as others have said - she is very reliant on a good ADC and good communication. In the games I lost, my ADC's either sucked, or refused to communicate with me. In the games I won, they were very receptive (and we were also the lane to carry the rest of the team).

Her Ultimate gives such a solid engage if used right, at such long range - it's like Malphites, except bigger and slower but you don't have to build supertank to use it. I can't wait to get together with my brother playing ADC to see what a coordinated lane can do. For SoloQ though, I think I'll stick to my Leona.

Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    So I bought her. So far my record is something like 2 wins to 5 losses. Derp. But - as others have said - she is very reliant on a good ADC and good communication. In the games I lost, my ADC's either sucked, or refused to communicate with me. In the games I won, they were very receptive (and we were also the lane to carry the rest of the team).

Her Ultimate gives such a solid engage if used right, at such long range - it's like Malphites, except bigger and slower but you don't have to build supertank to use it. I can't wait to get together with my brother playing ADC to see what a coordinated lane can do. For SoloQ though, I think I'll stick to my Leona.
    Oh yes, I know exactly what you mean. At some point we were going from mid to the West Bottom Turret to destroy it. We didn't make it, had to retreat, but I warded the bush that intersects the area at the golems. A minute or two later, somehow, 3 of the enemy team gathered in that bush, probably to counter an invading force. The thing is, I was sitting in the bush NE of this, close to Dragon. Our entire team came in from several sides, I popped R on the enemy bush, followed it up with a Q and they got utterly destroyed. There was nothing, absolutely nothing, that they could do about it. Surrender followed three seconds later.

So yes, she can be gamebreaking and I still don't feel that her R is overpowered. For one, most T2 boots can outrun it, making it easy to counter if badly placed. Which I did many, many times.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I friggin' love it when you can land a perfect R+Q combo on a pile of people camping a bush / grouped up on a lane.

With some decent AP the combo actually does quite a bit of damage to boot. Depending on the champs but I've seen it take a good 1/3 of their health away making it easy for the rest of our team to finish em off.

R -> Q -> E on ADC -> W -> Q again and the fight should be over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Oh yes, I know exactly what you mean. At some point we were going from mid to the West Bottom Turret to destroy it. We didn't make it, had to retreat, but I warded the bush that intersects the area at the golems. A minute or two later, somehow, 3 of the enemy team gathered in that bush, probably to counter an invading force. The thing is, I was sitting in the bush NE of this, close to Dragon. Our entire team came in from several sides, I popped R on the enemy bush, followed it up with a Q and they got utterly destroyed. There was nothing, absolutely nothing, that they could do about it. Surrender followed three seconds later.

So yes, she can be gamebreaking and I still don't feel that her R is overpowered. For one, most T2 boots can outrun it, making it easy to counter if badly placed. Which I did many, many times.
    My first game as her we decided to invade the enemy blue. The entire enemy team but top lane was clumping in the blue buff bush. Hit every single one with her Q. It was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    My first game as her we decided to invade the enemy blue. The entire enemy team but top lane was clumping in the blue buff bush. Hit every single one with her Q. It was hilarious.
    That's just so perfectly epic. If I'd be planning for invades, or if I'd have a team that made it clear before starting what the plan was, I would probably go for Q first as well. Right now I'm going with W for early bottom lane harass.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-12-14 at 06:35 PM.

During a teamfight this morning, I managed to get a triple kill with W. My intent was no other than healing our AD carry - but the thing started bouncing back and forth, eventually last-hitting 3 of the opponents. I found it hilarious, but my team did not...

Yup, got an Ezreal that started complaining about my W killsteals as well. Worst part is, I actually felt sorry :P