Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I live (more or less) in Groningen ^^. Dutch people are indeed tall. I am 190cm and sometimes I feel like a dwarf next to some Dutch guys (or even girls).
    I always thought that one reason Europeans were less fat (than us Americans) was because you guys walk were you need to go ALLOT more than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I always thought that one reason Europeans were less fat (than us Americans) was because you guys walk were you need to go ALLOT more than we do.
    Walk? I don't know about that. But if you ever go to the Netherlands, we probebly have the most advanced cycling infrastructure in the world.

i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    /facepalm.

No. Just, no.
    Yes it does. Ask your local GP (Doctor) to show you the implications adding the same amount of Sugar in a Coca-Cola into a Pint of Blood. While more concentrated of course, it would take around 4 - 6 cans a week to achieve the same results, which some people drink easily.

Don't just facepalm when you've not seen the facts yourself.
    YouTube: Coming Soon™
    Twitter: @VoodooGamingUK
    Facebook: Coming Soon™
    Warcraft: Pandaren Brewmaster, iLevel 581, 14 / 14 Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Walk? I don't know about that. But if you ever go to the Netherlands, we probebly have the most advanced cycling infrastructure in the world.
    My mom also told me that allot of people over there shop per day (or for a couple of days) for their meals, rather than buying food for a month, like most Americans do.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    My mom also told me that allot of people over there shop per day (or for a couple of days) for their meals, rather than buying food for a month, like most Americans do.
    O.o What..?

i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Yeah, they aren't too bad.

I generally like to stick to something... ehh, "simple" if I want to treat myself. Coca-Cola fills that void nicely imo.
    If you spend your entire life getting senpai to notice you, you'll never notice anyone else.

2philosophical4me

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Yes it does. Ask your local GP (Doctor) to show you the implications adding the same amount of Sugar in a Coca-Cola into a Pint of Blood. While more concentrated of course, it would take around 4 - 6 cans a week to achieve the same results, which some people drink easily.

Don't just facepalm when you've not seen the facts yourself.

So you're ignoring things like, the body changing the type of sugar, tissue uptake by sugar, partial absorption of the sugar, metabolism, excretion, and the fact that we have far more than 1 pint of blood in our body?

Even diabetics going around with amounts as high as 500 mg/dl don't have blood that's turned into a syrup. Mind, its still not good at all, and it can get sluggish in some parts of your body, but thats because even the slightest changes in viscosity can have a drastic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    O.o What..?
    Maybe that's a British thing. She said she was shocked when she came to the US and people would shop/buy food for an entire month. She said she wasn't surprised they were overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Sugar turns your blood into a syrup.
    What is this? I don't even.....
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

The Lightbringer turskanaattori's Avatar
    Pepsi Max > anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    You'd be surprised.
    Your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So you're ignoring things like, the body changing the type of sugar, tissue uptake by sugar, partial absorption of the sugar, metabolism, excretion, and the fact that we have far more than 1 pint of blood in our body?

Even diabetics going around with amounts as high as 500 mg/dl don't have blood that's turned into a syrup. Mind, its still not good at all, and it can get sluggish in some parts of your body, but thats because even the slightest changes in viscosity can have a drastic effect.
    Read what I said. I admitted that it was more concentrated, and stated it would take around 4 - 6 cans a week to achieve the same intake into your Blood as if it was internal ingestion. Learn to read.
    YouTube: Coming Soon™
    Twitter: @VoodooGamingUK
    Facebook: Coming Soon™
    Warcraft: Pandaren Brewmaster, iLevel 581, 14 / 14 Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    You can't compare apple's with pears. (Dutch saying)
    Oh, I translate Dutch sayings directly into English too! It's fun.

Anyways, there is indeed worse stuff than Cola, however I still don't drink it because it's not as tasty as some other refreshments.
    Lord protector of the Veal

Interesting ..
    moving on.

There is nothing wrong with Coca-Cola and there is also nothing wrong with the corn syrup. It's the same thing as sugar to your body. The stuff saying it's bad is propaganda from the sugar industry. I won't drink any diet sodas or no calorie garbage.

Coke has always been the best cola drink but lately I've taken to drinking Sam's Choice from Wal-Mart. It's made by Cott's and is pretty good. I challenge anybody to tell it apart from Pepsi in a blindfold test. The Sam's Choice Ginger Ale is also the best tasting one bar none.

So much facepalm in this thread...

@ the OP: MaximusRex sums it up perfectly, and I echo his sentiments - the number of ingredients in a food has nothing to do with how "good" or "bad" it is. What if I made a salad that contained one gram of every single known fruit and vegetable and spice on the planet? There would be hundreds of thousands of ingredients. It might taste like shit, but you could bet it would have quite a few vitamins and minerals in it.

This leads me to my second point, what constitutes "health?" Are you talking about cardiorespiratory health? Cardiometabolic health? Musculoskeletal health? Emotional/psychological health? Health of your immune system? The human body consists of various interconnected and interdependent tissues and systems. It is important to be able to understand how each one works and how each one is influenced by things like nutrition, exercise, stress, chemicals, radiation, stupid people, etc.

In terms of metabolic health (i.e., the ability of the body to be sensitive to insulin, to clear glucose from the blood, to store, mobilize, and oxidize fatty acids, etc.), soda, either made with sugar or high-fructose corn syrup (which, if you are referring to HFCS-55 is virtually the exact same thing as fructose), is something which probably should not be over-consumed by most individuals. Notice the key word, "over-consumed." The body can only handle so much metabolizable energy per second, so if you chronically overload it with soda – or any other food or drink – then you're going to cause endocrine damage and, most likely, harm other aspects of your bodily health as well.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I live (more or less) in Groningen ^^. Dutch people are indeed tall. I am 190cm and sometimes I feel like a dwarf next to some Dutch guys (or even girls).
    What? if you are indeed 1.9 meters tall you're nearly 9 cm taller then the average Dutch male... so I don't know where the "I feel like a dwarf" comes into play... I mean every country has really tall dudes (yao ming, comes to mind, the chinese are one of the shorter nations).

I think the US would rank higher (than where we are at) were is not for the huge hispanic population.

http://www.interbasket.net/news/4385...ales-20-years/
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-11-15 at 09:25 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Splenda pepsi/10

Well lets look at the beverages that are worse then soft drinks.

Right now all I can think of is alcohol, are there any others?
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-15 at 09:29 PM.