Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #341
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    15,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post

    At this time, there's insufficient evidence to say that high-fructose corn syrup is any less healthy than other types of sweeteners.
    That is like chosing between a rock and a hard place or between purgatory and hell, I guess. I mean..if something is already bad, saying something else is not worse but only equally bad is..well..what can I say..lost for words, here.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  2. #342
    The Insane Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    19,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    I guess i was thinking about hunts, but here are the 2 biggest brands of ketchup in the US

    http://vivienveil.files.wordpress.co...1/ketchup2.jpg
    So there's Hunts, and then there's: http://www.activistpost.com/2012/09/...-fructose.html

    Yogurts
    Breads
    Frozen pizzas
    Cereal bars
    Cocktail peanuts
    Boxed macaroni and cheese
    Salad Dressing
    Tonic
    Applesauce
    Canned Fruit
    That's an extremely abbreviated list.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is like chosing between a rock and a hard place or between purgatory and hell, I guess. I mean..if something is already bad, saying something else is not worse but only equally bad is..well..what can I say..lost for words, here.
    well he was trying to argue that HFCS is far worse for you than table sugar which is absolutly false.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    People drink whole 2 litter bottles of coke ? wtf
    I could do 2 litres in a day easily,

    I drink way more than I eat, if Im doing assignment work or gaming, I pour myself a large glass and I dont realize Im drinking it through out the day, I'm not saying I do, but I could

    But I do agree with WTF when you see these people who religiously drink 2 liter bottles a day,

    Oh while I remember, pull out 2 of your teeth, put one in vinegar, and one in coke for a night, and get back to me with the results

  5. #345
    The Insane Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    19,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    well he was trying to argue that HFCS is far worse for you than table sugar which is absolutly false.
    You haven't proven it false. At the very least, health officials aren't sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    You haven't proven it false. At the very least, health officials aren't sure.
    and food scientists would argue its the same.

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I could do 2 litres in a day easily,

    I drink way more than I eat, if Im doing assignment work or gaming, I pour myself a large glass and I dont realize Im drinking it through out the day, I'm not saying I do, but I could

    But I do agree with WTF when you see these people who religiously drink 2 liter bottles a day,


    Oh while I remember, pull out 2 of your teeth, put one in vinegar, and one in coke for a night, and get back to me with the results
    and now dip them in the cola 4/5 times in 12 hours. then let them rest for 12 hours.

    because drinking. is more like dipping then letting them stay in there.

    because if we must follow your logic. if someone takes a shower it has the same affect on the skin as some1 who took a both for 12 hours.

  8. #348
    First world problems. It's just a drink. Enjoy it.

    Fat, sugar, salt etc isn't bad for you. Too much is bad for you. Anything in excess is bad.
    It's just a sugary drink, it's not like it's water from a contaminated well.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So 1 bottle is the equivalent of an entire meal and you say it's not that bad?
    Also, when you compare the calories to the nutrients you get from it, it's very bad. It's the poster child of "empty calories".

    Just look for a nutrient density chart like this one. It will always be near the bottom.


  10. #350
    Brewmaster Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    1,390
    There is no health benefit from drinking soda. It's a commodity, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    I have a nuclear bomb. Once I detonate it, I'm shit cause I only got that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    i'm 6ft2, 30 years old, pretty fit and much stronger than your average 10 year old. even though i totally could, i don't go around punching ten year olds

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Only the American version. In places where sugar cane is cheaper they use actual sugar.

    Hence why I only drink Mexican Coke.
    Coke is my favorite drink. It's one of the few things I still eat that isn't healthy or as healthy as I can make it. But Mexican coke is by far my favorite, real sugar tastes better.

    Im also fairly certain the OP was making a comparative observation. Yes it is bad for you, but compared to other stuff in small quantities it's not that bad. Almost anything in large quantities is bad but I think if you only have a couple here and there it's not nowhere near as bad as people who drink almost only sodas.

  12. #352
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Coke is my favorite drink. It's one of the few things I still eat that isn't healthy or as healthy as I can make it. But Mexican coke is by far my favorite, real sugar tastes better.

    Im also fairly certain the OP was making a comparative observation. Yes it is bad for you, but compared to other stuff in small quantities it's not that bad. Almost anything in large quantities is bad but I think if you only have a couple here and there it's not nowhere near as bad as people who drink almost only sodas.
    Yes, but people seem to not be able to read. Hence them saying it is not healthy all the time when that goes without saying.

  13. #353
    I agree with the OP.

    Don't worry man, people in these forums are just plain stupid.

    On a side note, I drink Coke pretty much every day. I have NO health problems at all. NEVER had a broken bone (people say Coke causes Ostheoporosis (spelling?). And I am NOT overweight.

    Worse than drinking Coke is staying home in front of the computer doing abso-fucking-lutely nothing all day, like 90% of you do.

    Yeah, blame the Coke for your health problems. Noobs.

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    First world problems. It's just a drink. Enjoy it.

    Fat, sugar, salt etc isn't bad for you. Too much is bad for you. Anything in excess is bad.
    It's just a sugary drink, it's not like it's water from a contaminated well.
    Seconded.

    Sugar is a carb whether is it sucrose (cane sugar) or fructose (HFCS) same as grains. If you eat a lot of it you will probably get fat if you don't work out and if you don't brush your teeth you will get cavities. Sugar is really the least bad thing for you in soft drinks besides water. The acids and preservatives and caffeine and carbonation and artificial sweeteners in diet drinks are what are really bad for you. Its still not a reason to not drink it at all, just not a lot.

  15. #355
    Over 9000! PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    9,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So there's Hunts, and then there's: http://www.activistpost.com/2012/09/...-fructose.html



    That's an extremely abbreviated list.
    It's pretty safe to assume that anything sweet sold here in the US uses HFCS as the primary sweetener unless it specifically states otherwise.

    There's nothing horrible about HFCS in and of itself, it's just that so much sugar is just really bad for you... sugar almost becomes a fucking poison when you have too much of it, and it's in damned near everything we eat, just like salt.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    It is impossible for a tear of sadness to land on a Warrior Beard. As soon as the tear lands on the Warrior Beard, it is now a happy tear.
    5:10 AM - Everything Nice: PizzaSHARK, you're my stand in! You're promoted to like.. Semi-bestfriend.
    MMOC IRC!

  16. #356
    Coca cola is incredibly bad for you no matter how you try to dress it up. Same goes for any other popular brand fizzy drink.

    Drinking water is the way forward.

  17. #357
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    Coca cola is incredibly bad for you no matter how you try to dress it up. Same goes for any other popular brand fizzy drink.

    Drinking water is the way forward.
    Oh dear....



    Oh dear god....

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    Coca cola is incredibly bad for you no matter how you try to dress it up. Same goes for any other popular brand fizzy drink.

    Drinking water is the way forward.
    well after 15 years of a wonderfull life with wonderfull drinks i might die with the feeling i lived a wonderfull life. compair to someone who maybe live a few years longer then me. and say shit i didn't enjoy my life because i only drink water.

  19. #359
    Field Marshal Ycarene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sioux City, IA
    Posts
    95
    As with anything, everything in moderation. If all you drink is regular soda then you're going to have problems. By the way, while the acid content is a very small contributer, the sugars are far more damaging to teeth. I used to be a coke-a-holic, I still drink it, but only the diet version and far far less than before.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Naturally. As I said, I haven't actually drunk plain water in about four years. It's either soda, mixed drinks, juice, or that Crystal Light stuff.
    How unhealthy. Can't expect diffrent from most gamers though.

    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Oh dear....



    Oh dear god....
    Well it is pretty bad.... I know you think diffrently but okay.
    Last edited by Riddles; 2012-11-17 at 12:15 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •