Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,172

    Man planned to kill movie-goers in Missouri

    I'm sure a few of you will be supremely disappointed. I was at a theater, in Missouri, just a few hours before this guy planned to shoot up a theater in my state. Of course, I wasn't watching Breaking Dawn, so even if the theater he targeted was the one I was at, I still would have survived.

    Linky: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201%5F16...ening-walmart/
    Last edited by SaigonRE; 2012-11-17 at 05:45 PM.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,117
    Abit of a misleading title don't you think? You didn't come anywhere near dying! Pfft, i can see why it would be a slightly worrying situation though, knowing someone wanted to go shooting up theaters in your area:S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  3. #3
    Pit Lord Gerbert the's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hooterville
    Posts
    2,372
    Crying for attention much by insisting people would be disappointed that you weren't killed?
    "【A Chinese viewpoint on the new version:MOP】
    since we have lived in a world filled with magic and beast and lots of culture,so it is reasonable to let all kinds of culture come into World of Warcraft
    Orc:black people Jazz
    Gorblin:Israel Jews (No offensive,Gorblins are good at making money,that's ture in my eyes)"

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,172
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Crying for attention much by insisting people would be disappointed that you weren't killed?
    You would be surprised, the liberal hate machine knows no bounds.

  5. #5
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,725
    4/10 I read the whole story. Try to be more subtle next time.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    You would be surprised, the liberal hate machine knows no bounds.


    OT- You didn't "almost die" since the shooting did not happen.

    That would be akin to saying I almost died but that car that drove by stayed on the road. If he would have been on the sidewalk I would have died!

  7. #7
    i have no clue who you are, so you mean nothing to me dead or alive tbh.

    But im very much against the weapon policy most of your country stands for.
    The more guns there is in a country the more people get killed by people with guns, this is a fact not an opinion.
    So more guns do not at any point at all make people more safe or a country less voilent. The only way you americans will lessen the amount of people beeing shot is by have stricter weapon laws, again Fact not opinion.

  8. #8
    What a self important load of bullshit. It shouldn't surprise me that people take these things and try to make them political, bit it still makes me a little sick to my stomach when it happens. I would dislike you, far, far... FAR more for this post assuming that anyone would wish ill upon you for disagreeing with you or makng a potential tragedy into some political talking point. I hope that 1. this wasn't serious and was some tongue in cheek shot at people here, and 2. you get banned for it anyway.

    Also, untrained civilians firing weapons in a crowded, chaotic theatre is definitely going to make that situation better...

  9. #9
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    I'm sure a few of you will be supremely disappointed. I was at a theater, in Missouri, just a few hours before this guy planned to shoot up a theater in my state. Of course, I wasn't watching Breaking Dawn, so even if the theater he targeted was the one I was at, I still would have survived.

    Oddly enough, just hours before this man was arrested, I had the strangest feeling that someone might try to pull a Dark Knight and gun us all down. However, unlike the naive liberal children calling for guns to be banned, I was hoping that at least one (preferably more than one) person in the theater was concealed carrying and could stop such a mad-man.

    How many of you liberals are secretly hoping to find your good and dear friend, Swazi Spring, among the victims of this massacre?

    Linky: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201%5F16...ening-walmart/
    Thats just a Dumb fucking idea.
    shooting at somoene in the dark of a theater not knowing who or what is behind them is pure John Wayne, Dirty Harry, Movie Crap and would just get more people killed.

    Scenario,
    Gunman walks into theater in the dark and starts shooting, Someone like you suggest starts shooting back not being able to see properly hitting more innocent bystanders, This leads to a third person loosing their cool and starts shooting at the other two. and because no one can see who is shooting at who the whole situation escalates.

    Whilst I am glad that the person in question was caught before he could do anything, I do wish that the people who say that either they, or other people in the Cinema should shoot back would stop for a moment and realize what a monumentally dumb fucking idea that would be. Life is not a video game.
    Last edited by Sigma; 2012-11-17 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  10. #10
    Moderator Anakso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    4,689
    Not really the best OP implying liberals would be happy seeing you dead, but I'll leave it for now. Just don't turn this thread into political bashing.

    O.T
    Glad to see this was stopped before he could actually do it, I think (and I'm sure most would agree) that the best police work is done when they arrest someone who was planning a mass shooting, rather than stopping one in progress. This kind of thing always gives me more faith in the police force.

    EDIT: Okay, now I see he was only caught because his mother caught him. But still, glad it happened prior to him shooting up the place.
    Last edited by Anakso; 2012-11-17 at 05:11 PM.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,914
    Well it was breaking dawn after all....

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Bathory's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,674
    I almost died today too. I crossed the street on a busy highway. If that one car decided to carry on and go through that red light, whew, I'd be dead. This happens nearly every day. I didn't ask for this lifestyle, I just keep my head up and carry on.
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    i have no clue who you are, so you mean nothing to me dead or alive tbh.
    The part about me dying was a joke. Thought it is somewhat disheartening that this happened in my state.

    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    But im very much against the weapon policy most of your country stands for.
    The more guns there is in a country the more people get killed by people with guns, this is a fact not an opinion.
    So more guns do not at any point at all make people more safe or a country less voilent. The only way you americans will lessen the amount of people beeing shot is by have stricter weapon laws, again Fact not opinion.
    It's not what "my country stands for" it's what any rational human being stands for. Anyone who has done any research on the subject knows that you are wrong on every level. It's an undeniable fact that gun control results in higher violent crime rates, including homicide; not just in America, but in other countries as well. It's also an undeniable fact that respecting freedom results in less violent crime. Concealed carry has been hailed as a success in every single state.

    The next time you decide to take away our freedom, do your research. In the mean time, stop posting about things you know absolutely nothing about.
    Last edited by SaigonRE; 2012-11-17 at 05:11 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    The part about me dying was something of a joke. Thought it is somewhat disheartening that this happened in my state.



    It's not what "my country stands for" it's what any rational human being stands for. Anyone who has done any research on the subject knows that you are wrong on every level. It's an undeniable fact that gun control results in higher violent crime rates, including homicide; not just in America, but in other countries as well. It's also an undeniable fact that respecting freedom results in less violent crime. Concealed carry has been hailed as a success in every single state.

    The next time you decide to take away our freedom, do your research. In the mean time, stop posting about things you know absolutely nothing about.
    No, a huge majority of the countries on this planet have much harder gun control then america, thats a fact.
    America is among the top countries on the list of people getting killed in all sorts of shotings, thats a fact.
    Look at any european country, ALL of them has less people getting killed in violent crimes then america has, this is also a fact.

    Trying to connect freedom with the right to own 1264 guns is a silly thing, those 2 are not the same at all.
    How free are you when you feel you need a gun to go to the movies?
    Thats not freedom, thats Fear...

    Concealed carry has been hailed as a success in every single state by the people that think this is a good idea.
    Lots of people are against it and there is so much proof that this only results in more deahts.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post

    The next time you decide to take away our freedom, do your research. In the mean time, stop posting about things you know absolutely nothing about.
    Doctor treat thyself. Correlation != Causation. If you truly had done your research you would realize that crime going down is a highly complex thing and pegging it just on one thing is foolish on a good day.

  16. #16
    Blademaster Autier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    4/10 I read the whole story. Try to be more subtle next time.


    Pretty much exactly this.

  17. #17
    Robber enters a store in sweden, is 99% sure that the clerk do not have a shotgun under the counter.
    Steals money and stuff, leaves.

    Robber enter same store in USA, is 99% sure the clerk as a shootgun under the counter.
    Robber blows the head of the clerk just to be safe, steals money and stuff, leaves.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    Anyone who has done any research on the subject knows that you are wrong on every level.
    You mean someone like Justice Stephen G. Breyer, of the Supreme Court? He wrote: “The upshot is a set of studies and counterstudies that, at most, could leave a judge uncertain about the proper policy conclusion.”

    Of course that doesn't stop researchers from both sides of the debate to argue their points, and supporters such as yourself baselessly cheering them on.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    No, a huge majority of the countries on this planet have much harder gun control then america, thats a fact.
    America is among the top countries on the list of people getting killed in all sorts of shotings, thats a fact.
    Look at any european country, ALL of them has less people getting killed in violent crimes then america has, this is also a fact.
    Again, do your research before making ignorant and uninformed posts. Europe has always had relatively low violent crime rates. In fact, it wasn't until Europe started to take away their citizens' fundamental natural rights that their violent crime rates started to drastically increase. Every study ever conducted shows that gun control empowers criminals and increases violent crime rates. You can go "HURR DURR EUROPE" all you want, but the fact of the matter is that gun control not only took away your freedom, but also made the countries more dangerous. Look at the statistics and the facts by people who (unlike you) actually know what they are talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Trying to connect freedom with the right to own 1264 guns is a silly thing, those 2 are not the same at all.
    How free are you when you feel you need a gun to go to the movies?
    Thats not freedom, thats Fear...
    No, I don't feel afraid at the theaters or in general, however, I'd rather be prepared, should the need arise. Fear is being an idiot who wants to take away our freedom in the name of "security." You have such an irrational fear of guns that you want to hurt law-abiding citizens and empower criminals, just so you can have a false-sense of security.

    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Concealed carry has been hailed as a success in every single state by the people that think this is a good idea.
    Lots of people are against it and there is so much proof that this only results in more deahts.
    Wrong. There is not a single statistic that shows concealed carry increases violent crime, all of the evidence shows that it lowers it. Even other countries have begun adopting concealed carry, after it has been hailed as a success in America; including European countries.

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Prague, CZE, EU
    Posts
    4,414
    Oh man I've never seen you around here in my life and I'm already hoping it actually happened and you got your desired fame.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •