Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    The Insane Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    19,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    But it's not all that great either, especially not in the amount people around here drink it... (Sweden)
    Well if we're arguing moderation, the list grows immensely. Dark Chocolate would be another example.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Mountain Dew I heard last time.

    And some of the chocolate chip cookie products we have laying around here...sec...




    How is your Keto going anyway?

    And cares about their health..good lord, you won't die from occasionally drinking it, don't make it out to be a sin.
    Your argument is silly. "Coke's not that bad when compared to other soft drinks". I'm pretty sure the only reason Coke gets singled out is because Coke is the most popular soft drink. Everyone knows that it's not just Coke but all softdrinks that are unhealthy for you. I don't think anyone thinks "oh I'm drinking Sprite/Pepsi, I'll be fine compared to if I were drinking Coke".
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  3. #63
    Epic! lokithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    It's not the calories, but the insane amounts of sugar in sodas and soft drinks. Plus the corn syrup makes you so thirsty. I don't know why anyone would want a soda on a hot day. It just makes you more thirsty and is not refreshing at all. They do have Pepsi I believe with real sugar, as well as Mountain Dew etc. I've had them and they're actually pretty good. It's not syrupy at all, it goes down more smooth and it's less carbonated. Still a hell of a lot of sugar, but you can taste the difference.
    The throwbacks are awesome...just wish I could find it other than 20oz bottles

  4. #64
    Titan Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    11,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Well if we're arguing moderation, the list grows immensely. Dark Chocolate would be another example.
    Mmm...dark chocolate with chilli pepper.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  5. #65
    The Insane Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    19,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Mmm...dark chocolate with chilli pepper.
    Dark chocolate will be the bane of my fucking existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

  6. #66
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Your argument is silly. "Coke's not that bad when compared to other soft drinks". I'm pretty sure the only reason Coke gets singled out is because Coke is the most popular soft drink. Everyone knows that it's not just Coke but all softdrinks that are unhealthy for you.
    No, it is singled out because I have seen worse ingredients in a soft drink. I just noticed it.

    Of course it is unhealthy like I already said in the OP. But I just noticed it isn't so bad compared to other soft drink ingredients.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Both coffee and alcohol have been shown in numerous studies to have benefits if used moderately. A cup of joe in the morning and a glass of red in the evening iss actually good for you.
    Heard something like that as well, but people who drink alcohol tend to drink a lot more than just one glass of red wine.

  8. #68
    Brewmaster Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    1,313
    My favorite part of this thread is where everyone thinks HFCS is any worse for you then sugar
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

  9. #69
    Titan Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    11,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Dark chocolate will be the bane of my fucking existence.
    And? I'd rather die at 75 having lived a life of decadence and sophistication than live to 100 being a health freak that only eats bland crap.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  10. #70
    Herald of the Titans Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    2,947
    x3 And this is why I like diet soda. The only thing people are really skeptical about in that is aspartame, which according to this Wiki link, the FDA says you're within non-risk zone so long as you consume less than 21 cans of diet soft drinks daily.

    I myself alternate between drinking diet sodas and water regularly, sometimes I'll have green tea from Starbucks on a school day as well. But yeah, out of all the other things out there, Coke is far from the worst you could have. There's some stuff out there, like Baskin Robbin's Chocolate Oreo milkshake(2600calories), that can be a lot worse.
    Last edited by Hanto; 2012-11-15 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Grammar/punctuation/etc.

  11. #71
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Surely you don't drink an entire bottle.
    Ehm, i go through 2 2litre bottles in like 8 hours all by myself taking it gently :/

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Only the American version. In places where sugar cane is cheaper they use actual sugar.

    Hence why I only drink Mexican Coke.
    Out of a plastic bag with a straw?

  13. #73
    Titan Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    11,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Out of a plastic bag with a straw?
    No. Out of a glass bottle with a crown top; the only way to truly enjoy soda.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  14. #74
    lol all sugar is bad for you, the basis of cellular motabolism requires glucose,

  15. #75
    Scarab Lord Jevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where the Monocles live.
    Posts
    4,343
    Coca cola is as harmless as bottled water. It's what you do between drinking your coca cola or eating your Big mac that makes it either healthy or unhealthy. I bet you that self induced stress caused by worrying about everything you eat is actually more harmful.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  16. #76
    The Insane Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    19,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And? I'd rather die at 75 having lived a life of decadence and sophistication than live to 100 being a health freak that only eats bland crap.
    I just bike an asston so I can maintain my seefood diet. When I am physically unable to do stuff outside, I'll be ready to kick the bucket anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

  17. #77
    With few exceptions in life nothing is actually bad for you as long as you use moderation. The simplest of things can be bad for you in excess. Caffeine is a drug which can be addicting which in turn can cause excessive use.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I just bike an asston so I can maintain my seefood diet. When I am physically unable to do stuff outside, I'll be ready to kick the bucket anyway.
    Hey me too, the only thing that bothers me is that im constantly hungry.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Compared to what? Cyanide? Toxic waste? Coke is not as bad as those obviously, but you wont catch anybody that cares about their health drinking any of them. Its like saying petrol is less dangerous to drink than bleach.
    This is the truth. If you care about your body, you care about what you put into it. Coke is chemicals. It's really not good for you. Everything in moderation and all that but there is nothing positive about it so stop trying to see it from a health perspective because the angle simply isn't there. I used to work at Coca Cola and there was a testing department and guess what.. I saw the ambulance a few times taking people out. I'm not kidding.

  20. #80
    Titan Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    11,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I just bike an asston so I can maintain my seefood diet. When I am physically unable to do stuff outside, I'll be ready to kick the bucket anyway.
    I don't really exercise, I just eat european portions and eat a lot of protein and fat. Still losing weight ^.^
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •