Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Young kids that "eat like shit" and are underweight either have a serious medical condition, or still have what adults refer to as "metabolism".
    99% sure its metabolism. Sucks to have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah btw, i'm not underweight. I'm just nearer to underweight than to overweight. I'm actually just about fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should boycott lemons because they contain citric acid. Acid will obviously dissolve your intestines over your life!

Seriously guys? Since when sugar is bad for your health? Sugar increases brain activity and gives your body energy. You should be grateful they use sugar instead of aspartame...
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    That is 1L of coke. A can has 42*3,3 = 138 calories. Fine actually. Nothing too bad, milk has the same calories. If you also eat 400 calories for a meal.. There's something wrong with your body, 400 calories is like 2 pieces of bread with toppings..

3 pieces = 320calories-
    2 pieces = 213 - now add some topping and voila = 400.
    Just cause something has some same calories doesn't mean it's the same. Milk is good for you because of the high amount of vitamins, but coke doesn't have any benefit other than taste, that is where the term "empty calories" comes into play. Coke doesn't fill you up, if you eat 400 calories that consist of 2 pieces of bread and toppings, you can still end up drinking that can of soda that is an extra 138 calories (with no extra benefit, physically). a healthy amount of calorie intake is 1200-2000 per day depending on your body weight/how much you exercise. So 3 meals a day at 400 calories each isn't unheard of.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    That's all bogus

When I was younger.. maybe around the age of 12-15, I used to drink almost a crate of 1L coca cola PER DAY.

I was underweight my whole childhood and teenage years.

Talk about those huge amounts of kcal. Laughable.

The only think that went away after drinking so much cola was my acne.

Today I don't drink it if it doesnt have whiskey in it.
    Mate, you know why you almost never see fat dutch people? We are all tall as fuck. Us tall people can take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunius View Post
    Seriously guys? Since when sugar is bad for your health? Sugar increases brain activity and gives your body energy. You should be grateful they use sugar instead of aspartame...
    Aspartame is just about harmless for you. You will die of water poisoning before you suffer most of the projected negative effects of diet sodas, and with aspartame its somewhere around 20 cans a day for 30 years = a "Statistically significant" increase in cancer risk. Which given the population sizes used comes out to just a few %.

Quote Originally Posted by CptMitta View Post
    Mate, you know why you almost never see fat dutch people? We are all tall as fuck. Us tall people can take it.
    I live (more or less) in Groningen ^^. Dutch people are indeed tall. I am 190cm and sometimes I feel like a dwarf next to some Dutch guys (or even girls).

Coca Cola is the largest contributer to my weight problem. Ever since I quit Cokes back in Feb. I have lost around 70 pounds.

It is one of the worst things you can possibly drink.

Drink soda through a straw . . . that will eliminate 90% of the tooth problems. You'll still have a bit of touching your teeth, but not nearly as much as just letting it pour through your teeth normally like a filter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I always thought that one reason Europeans were less fat (than us Americans) was because you guys walk were you need to go ALLOT more than we do.
    Walk? I don't know about that. But if you ever go to the Netherlands, we probebly have the most advanced cycling infrastructure in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    /facepalm.

No. Just, no.
    Yes it does. Ask your local GP (Doctor) to show you the implications adding the same amount of Sugar in a Coca-Cola into a Pint of Blood. While more concentrated of course, it would take around 4 - 6 cans a week to achieve the same results, which some people drink easily.

Don't just facepalm when you've not seen the facts yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    My mom also told me that allot of people over there shop per day (or for a couple of days) for their meals, rather than buying food for a month, like most Americans do.
    O.o What..?

Deleted
    Yeah, they aren't too bad.

I generally like to stick to something... ehh, "simple" if I want to treat myself. Coca-Cola fills that void nicely imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Yes it does. Ask your local GP (Doctor) to show you the implications adding the same amount of Sugar in a Coca-Cola into a Pint of Blood. While more concentrated of course, it would take around 4 - 6 cans a week to achieve the same results, which some people drink easily.

Don't just facepalm when you've not seen the facts yourself.

So you're ignoring things like, the body changing the type of sugar, tissue uptake by sugar, partial absorption of the sugar, metabolism, excretion, and the fact that we have far more than 1 pint of blood in our body?

Even diabetics going around with amounts as high as 500 mg/dl don't have blood that's turned into a syrup. Mind, its still not good at all, and it can get sluggish in some parts of your body, but thats because even the slightest changes in viscosity can have a drastic effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Sugar turns your blood into a syrup.
    What is this? I don't even.....
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Deleted
    Pepsi Max > anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    You'd be surprised.
    Your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So you're ignoring things like, the body changing the type of sugar, tissue uptake by sugar, partial absorption of the sugar, metabolism, excretion, and the fact that we have far more than 1 pint of blood in our body?

Even diabetics going around with amounts as high as 500 mg/dl don't have blood that's turned into a syrup. Mind, its still not good at all, and it can get sluggish in some parts of your body, but thats because even the slightest changes in viscosity can have a drastic effect.
    Read what I said. I admitted that it was more concentrated, and stated it would take around 4 - 6 cans a week to achieve the same intake into your Blood as if it was internal ingestion. Learn to read.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    You can't compare apple's with pears. (Dutch saying)
    Oh, I translate Dutch sayings directly into English too! It's fun.

Anyways, there is indeed worse stuff than Cola, however I still don't drink it because it's not as tasty as some other refreshments.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)