Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting ..
    moving on.

There is nothing wrong with Coca-Cola and there is also nothing wrong with the corn syrup. It's the same thing as sugar to your body. The stuff saying it's bad is propaganda from the sugar industry. I won't drink any diet sodas or no calorie garbage.

Coke has always been the best cola drink but lately I've taken to drinking Sam's Choice from Wal-Mart. It's made by Cott's and is pretty good. I challenge anybody to tell it apart from Pepsi in a blindfold test. The Sam's Choice Ginger Ale is also the best tasting one bar none.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

So much facepalm in this thread...

@ the OP: MaximusRex sums it up perfectly, and I echo his sentiments - the number of ingredients in a food has nothing to do with how "good" or "bad" it is. What if I made a salad that contained one gram of every single known fruit and vegetable and spice on the planet? There would be hundreds of thousands of ingredients. It might taste like shit, but you could bet it would have quite a few vitamins and minerals in it.

This leads me to my second point, what constitutes "health?" Are you talking about cardiorespiratory health? Cardiometabolic health? Musculoskeletal health? Emotional/psychological health? Health of your immune system? The human body consists of various interconnected and interdependent tissues and systems. It is important to be able to understand how each one works and how each one is influenced by things like nutrition, exercise, stress, chemicals, radiation, stupid people, etc.

In terms of metabolic health (i.e., the ability of the body to be sensitive to insulin, to clear glucose from the blood, to store, mobilize, and oxidize fatty acids, etc.), soda, either made with sugar or high-fructose corn syrup (which, if you are referring to HFCS-55 is virtually the exact same thing as fructose), is something which probably should not be over-consumed by most individuals. Notice the key word, "over-consumed." The body can only handle so much metabolizable energy per second, so if you chronically overload it with soda – or any other food or drink – then you're going to cause endocrine damage and, most likely, harm other aspects of your bodily health as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I live (more or less) in Groningen ^^. Dutch people are indeed tall. I am 190cm and sometimes I feel like a dwarf next to some Dutch guys (or even girls).
    What? if you are indeed 1.9 meters tall you're nearly 9 cm taller then the average Dutch male... so I don't know where the "I feel like a dwarf" comes into play... I mean every country has really tall dudes (yao ming, comes to mind, the chinese are one of the shorter nations).

I think the US would rank higher (than where we are at) were is not for the huge hispanic population.

http://www.interbasket.net/news/4385...ales-20-years/
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-11-15 at 09:25 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Splenda pepsi/10

Well lets look at the beverages that are worse then soft drinks.

Right now all I can think of is alcohol, are there any others?
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-15 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Well lets look at the beverages that are worse then us then soft drinks.

Right now all I can think of is alcohol, are there any others?
    Alcohol is better for you in moderation.

Pretty sure every doctor in the world would say have a glass of red wine over a can of coke.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So 1 bottle is the equivalent of an entire meal and you say it's not that bad?
    I don't drink 1 L of coke every day let alone in one meal... Point is it's the lesser of more evils and certainly not better than water and it sure doesn't take the thirst away but it's the best imo even when compared to other gaseous drinks that have aromatic fruits

1 glass of the stuff a day wont kill you . Just some people drink it pretty much all day or all evening at least.
    Better to just drink tea or mix it up some more (milk, coffee,tea, water, juice). After a while you probably will start to find it tastes like syrup. I really dont like it anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Sugar makes your brain.. hm.. lag.
    Quite the contrary. Afaik, the brain loves sugar.

People, consider coca-cola the farthest you should go. Shit like Red Bull are the real cesspool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Read what I said. I admitted that it was more concentrated, and stated it would take around 4 - 6 cans a week to achieve the same intake into your Blood as if it was internal ingestion. Learn to read.
    Maybe you should read what I wrote instead of going off and whining about it. The human body is infinitely more complex than taking a random pint of blood and putting sugar into it. If your doctor put up such a demonstration, than your doctor is a complete and total moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is great....for hummingbirds!
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    To be honest I don't see why people even like soft drinks that much.

They don't really taste that interesting to me...
    And that's your opinion, just as I can't stand any kind of fish, mushroom, chicken or vegetable.

And before you jump on judging me for not eating healthy, I still do, I make sure to get pretty much everything I need without getting too much of anything bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    What? if you are indeed 1.9 meters tall you're nearly 9 cm taller then the average Dutch male... so I don't know where the "I feel like a dwarf" comes into play... I mean every country has really tall dudes (yao ming, comes to mind, the chinese are one of the shorter nations).

I think the US would rank higher (than where we are at) were is not for the huge hispanic population.

http://www.interbasket.net/news/4385...ales-20-years/
    IIRC, Groningen was awarded for the tallest city in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    there is also nothing wrong with the corn syrup. It's the same thing as sugar to your body.
    Incorrect. Check the chemical construct of natural sugars that occur in fruit, such as an Apple or Orange. They're very simple sugars that take very little effort to burn and break down in your body. A lot of that is done by the enzymes in your mouth.

Sugars added to Sweets, Chocolates and Drinks are much more complex and take a lot more effort for your body to burn down, and often they'll just get taken into the Blood Stream because they're not broken down in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    The stuff saying it's bad is propaganda from the sugar industry. I won't drink any diet sodas or no calorie garbage
    I do agree here. A lot of the facts are total bullshit, but for example Aspartame which is added as a sweetener has been linked to Brain Cancer, but there is little evidence to suggest that is true. I tend to not fill my body with total shit though, don't want to waste it.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    1) The phrase is "You can't compare Apples and Oranges".
    2) It doesn't belong to any specific language, and is only designed to point that you can't compare 2 specific entities due to their differences.
    3) "Apple's and Pears" would generally be read as "stairs" to anyone who lives in England

Actually in the Netherlands we do say: Je kan geen appels met peren vergelijken. Which directly translates in to: You can't compare apples to pears."

He was most likely unaware of the existence of English version.

OT: Let health freaks be health freaks if they all want to rage on coca cola just let them, it's not hurting you or me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 20oz bottle of Coke in front of me right now, The ingredients in order are as follows:

Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Natural Flavors and Caffine.

Not really all that great for you..

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Maybe you should read what I wrote instead of going off and whining about it. The human body is infinitely more complex than taking a random pint of blood and putting sugar into it. If your doctor put up such a demonstration, than your doctor is a complete and total moron.
    Doctor with Training & Experience > Random guy on the internet with no knowledge in the subject.

Ironically the high fructose corn syrup people are mentioning is starting to shift.

We have Dr. Pepper being sold with sugar (used to be known as Dublin Dr. Pepper since it was made and bottled with sugar in Dublin, Texas)
    We have Pepsi Throwback using sugar instead as well.
    I think in the US you can find Coca Cola with sugar instead of HFCS as well.

It's got nothing to do with health, though. The rising cost of corn has made it reasonably priced to go back to sugar and some speculate it will be CHEAPER to use sugar before long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coke uses high fructose corn syrup in the United States. Many foreign versions use sugar.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.