Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Scientific Studies, Local & National Doctors (Seen many before) and personal experience from previously drinking around 8 bottles of Dr Pepper a day and having a near heart attack because of it.

Again, professional views of an actively practicing doctor is going to be more important to me then a random stranger ont he internet. I'm not preaching to anyone, just asking them to look into themselves.
    You're the one making the claim so it's not a matter of us needing to look into it. The onus is on you to provide the evidence; these Scientific studies for example, or the names of a couple of the local/National doctors.
    "Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So 1 bottle is the equivalent of an entire meal and you say it's not that bad?
    What the hell are you eating, hell a single serving of clam chowder is on par with a can of coke as far as calories go, god forbid you add a slice of buttered bread or saltine crackers.

And if you really want to freak out you should go to the juice section of your local grocer and start reading the Labels, Coke is far healthier than 90% of the other bottled drinks on the market these days even most bottled Tea's.

Or here is a fun one for you, go to starbucks as most everything they serve is as fattening as a mcdonalds cheeseburger.

Scientific Studies, Local & National Doctors (Seen many before) and personal experience from previously drinking around 8 bottles of Dr Pepper a day and having a near heart attack because of it.

Again, professional views of an actively practicing doctor is going to be more important to me then a random stranger ont he internet. I'm not preaching to anyone, just asking them to look into themselves.
    No, it sounds like you went and found anti-sugar propaganda which, while of good intent and purpose, ultimately lies to get its point across.

Having 8 bottles of Dr Pepper a day... you don't think the sheer volume of sugar coming into your body comes into account? I'll give you a hint: http://thepaleodiet.com/fruits-and-sugars/ an apple has 2.3g glucose, 7.6g fructose and 3.3g sucrose (per 100g, and I think most apples are somewhere around 150g). A single 20oz bottle of Dr Pepper has 68g sugars put into it, all of which will eventually break down into fructose or glucose or otherwise not be absorbed into the body, and rather simply passed out through the GI tract (we poop for a reason, you know). Please, do the math.

So when are you going to stop doing appeal to authorities and instead attempt to back up your argument?
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2012-11-15 at 10:05 PM.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

i admit i mostly drink soda with vodka, if i'm thirsty for sugar on a normal day, i prefer i Cocio, or multy juice in the morning

and juice is actualy worse than cola if i remember correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Having 8 bottles of Dr Pepper a day... you don't think the sheer volume of sugar coming into your body comes into account?
    You're really not reading what I am saying. The situation was caused by my vast consumption of Sugar from Sugary Drinks, the doctor then in turn explained what had happened to me after running various tests. I'm not being anti-sugar or anti-coke, I just don't like the idea of people thinking Coke is totally harmless. It isn't.

You're really not reading what I am saying. The situation was caused by my vast consumption of Sugar from Sugary Drinks, the doctor then in turn explained what had happened to me after running various tests. I'm not being anti-sugar or anti-coke, I just don't like the idea of people thinking Coke is totally harmless. It isn't.
    The point is simple. You say you had 8 bottles of Dr. Pepper a day; 216 grams of sugar. I assure you that if you have that much sugar per day, whatever kind of sugar, you're going to end up with diabetes at the very least after a while.
    Last edited by Alenarien; 2012-11-15 at 10:16 PM.
    "Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    The point is simple. You say you had 8 bottles of Dr. Pepper a day; 216 grams of sugar. I assure you that if you have that much sugar per day, whatever kind of sugar, you're going to end up with at least diabetes at the very least after a while.
    And my point is you don't need to drink 8 Bottles a day to have the same issue. Even that over a week is causing major health issues.

No one here has claimed that coke is totally harmless. Even water is harmful in certain amounts. What we're getting at is that, in moderated amounts, coke IS harmless. It has a much lower threshold for harm than water, or fruit, or a large number of other products, but if it does not cross that threshold for a given person than it does not cause harm.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

And my point is you don't need to drink 8 Bottles a day to have the same issue. Even that over a week is causing major health issues.
    I don't think that was ever disputed. The main point in contention was that the sugar in sodas is more dangerous than others; a claim which does not really have any founding in reality. Too much sugar is always bad for you, the same for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    What the hell are you eating, hell a single serving of clam chowder is on par with a can of coke as far as calories go, god forbid you add a slice of buttered bread or saltine crackers.

And if you really want to freak out you should go to the juice section of your local grocer and start reading the Labels, Coke is far healthier than 90% of the other bottled drinks on the market these days even most bottled Tea's.

Or here is a fun one for you, go to starbucks as most everything they serve is as fattening as a mcdonalds cheeseburger.

But now you're just saying 'hey this unhealthy thing is not that unhealthy, look just compare it to all these other unhealthy things'.

To be fair you really shouldn't consume that much preprocessed food anyway.

I won't judge anyone for doing it though, I drink cola, eat the occasional hamburger ( like once a month), eat pizza, and so on. And that's all good as long as you know what you're doing.

I stopped drinking soda for the most part when I saw a side by side comparison illustrating how much sugar they pack into each can. It's liquid candy.

What's the "other stuff" you're comparing this too? Energy drinks?

So if I drink alot of coke I will die? :P

Coke is not bad... if you are drinking in a decent amount. Dont blame the coca cola if you are eating fat food etc etc.

Im not healty at all, eating food that I like (not always healthy, happends alot I eat fast food) drinking alot of cola, but also water and other sodas, even milk.
    My health condition is fine. im not in perfect fit cuase im not working out as much as I want. Slowly working out more and more for each month that pass.

Im underwhigt for my high (BMI) - want 10more kilo's!!! No diabetes or other "sickness"...

So most of unhealth food etc is BS!... some ppl cant take suger, or other ingredients and will gain alot of whigt etc. other will not. If you drink alot of coca cola or other soda for that, and eat decent food and are out walking or something, you will not gain whigt, or feel unhealth.

Its kinda sad to see all this thread about diffrent things that its not bad, or its bad.

And all the training freaks that eats diffrent "replacment"... thats not much better then some sweets sometimes either. Just eat diffrent food/drink/candy etc and you will be fine

Have alot of intake of soda, fat food and alot of suger and you will get fatty and feel very unhealth.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post

There are many meals you can do for 400-500 cals easily, I do it on a daily basis, a small portion of carbs, lean protein and 40g of fresh veg gives you easily a decent size meal for around that amount of calories. The problem is people don't know how to do correct portion sizes and massively over eat, unless you are physically active on a regular basis it is very easy to eat more calories than you burn by eating incorrect portion sizes.

420 empty calories on a drink, if you insist on soda drink the diet versions and enjoy the extra meal, the route I would always go anyway.

400 additional calories per day means that you will gain 1.6kg per month or 19.2kg per year.
    From a simple drink.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-11-15 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    400 additional calories per day means that you will gain 1.6kg per month or 19.2kg per year.
    From a simple drink.
    Except I was not planning to drink the entire bottle.

Reading the continued defense of soda in this thread makes me smile. It's nice to see natural selection in all it's glory

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-11-16 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    Reading the continued defense of soda in this thread makes me smile. It's nice to see natural selection in all it's glory
    Ah, another health nut joins the group.
    Enlighten us with your all holy opinion.

I used to drink a lot of pepsi, I used to be underweight. Turned out I had diabetes type 1 and the more sugar I had, the higher my blood sugar would get and the more weight I would lose.
    Now I never really drink any drinks with sugar(unless I need to recover from low blood sugar fast). Pepsi Max tastes better than Pepsi now I think.
    Having type 1 diabetes has taught me a lot about sugar. To me a drink with as much sugar as a meal will never be worth it. When injecting insulin for everything you eat(and maybe drink) it gets a lot clearer to you how much sugar stuff has. You will have to make the choice of taking insulin for two meals just to enjoy a coca cola together with your meal is really something you wanna do.
    Coca cola isn't really any worse than other soft drinks and even juice when it comes to taking insulin though. Fruit juice is a better choice as it has other useful vitamins and stuff, but sugar wise they are often just as bad as coca cola. As for coca cola not being as bad as other candy, I'm not so sure. As a diabetic it is easiest for me to eat treats with a bit of fat aswell, like chocolate or chips. Fat will make your blood sugar rise slower while candy or drinks with only sugar will make your blood sugar spike faster. The faster it spikes, the harder it is to get the insulin dose right.

Losing weight for no reason can be a symptom for diabetes type 1. If you are very thirsty, hungry, pee a lot, feeling weak/tired and losing weight despite eating/drinking a lot you should probably do a blood test.

You wont get type 1 diabetes from eating a lot of sugar, I'm just saying you might have it if you're underweight and still devouring tons of sugar without putting on weight. Ofcourse, it might just be you're not down with growing, don't worry then the weight will catch up with you sometime after puberty!

Type 2 diabetes is something you should be worried about though if you eat a lot of sugar, especially if anyone in your near family has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

International diabetes day was on wednesday, so felt like I should be a good diabetic and make people aware

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    Nice to see that narcissistic A-holes occupy other sites on the internet other than just facebook.
    I bet you're one of those people have to tell everyone within 5 minutes from meeting that they're atheists or a vegetarian.

I personally don't really care for the smell of my own farts, but each to his own.

High fructose corn syrup is a universal sweetener in the US. I have close relatives that are allergic to corn products. You'd be surprised at how much corn is in just about everything in the US in some form or another. High fructose corn syrup is the most common sweetener, and it tends to be hard to find "sugar" sweetened stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Unfortunately for you, dictionaries are not authorities on the definitions of words.
    Ezekiel 23:20