Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I know multiple people have said that, but what about the researches which prove different? Of course the tests were performed on rats, but still, they did become obese rats.
    More obese rats**

I've tried debating with him but he keeps repeating the same thing over and over without sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    More obese rats**

I've tried debating with him but he keeps repeating the same thing over and over without sources.
    Evidence does not indicate it is less healthy than sugar consumption in general. Concerns mainly center around excessive sugar intake and its contribution to obesity.

The only difference is that you have to use an enzyme to process sucrose first where HFCS you don't, the only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Evidence does not indicate it is less healthy than sugar consumption in general. Concerns mainly center around excessive sugar intake and its contribution to obesity.

The only difference is that you have to use an enzyme to process sucrose first where HFCS you don't, the only difference.
    I linked sources saying otherwise, yet you keep posting without supporting evidence.
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

I linked sources saying otherwise, yet you keep posting without supporting evidence.
    you linked one decription of a single study, not even the actual study, you really haven't linked anything.

Here is a website of information for you. http://www.sweetsurprise.com/

FACTS!

Here is a website of information for you. http://www.sweetsurprise.com/
    Yeah, a website run by the Corn Refiners Association (CRA). Think they might be a little bias?

My source is from an Ivy League research university (Princeton).

Yeah, a website run by the Corn Refiners Association (CRA). Think they might be a little bias?
    Nope. not at all.

Nope. not at all.
    So you think, a website run by corn growers on a product made by corn has no bias whatsoever? Especially when compared to data obtained from independent research studies?

People drink whole 2 litter bottles of coke ? wtf
    Synek - best rogue in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think I know what the acronym "tsg" is. It's not RBG's or Arena, random battlegrounds, or any form of dungeon or raid that I can think of. What does it mean?

So you think, a website run by corn growers on a product made by corn has no bias whatsoever? Especially when compared to data obtained from independent research studies?
    http://www.sweetsurprise.com/hfcs-myths-and-facts

Page full of independent researchers on HFCS, not one description of a study.

http://www.sweetsurprise.com/hfcs-myths-and-facts

Page full of independent researchers on HFCS, not one description of a study.
    On a corn growers associations website! You seriously think they don't cherrypick?

fine, here from the mayo clinic
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hig...-syrup/AN01588

At this time, there's insufficient evidence to say that high-fructose corn syrup is any less healthy than other types of sweeteners.

From consumer reports analysing the other website I posted

http://news.consumerreports.org/heal...ructose-c.html

and another

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...les.asp?id=486
    Last edited by Sorensen; 2012-11-16 at 07:09 PM.

fine, here from the mayo clinic
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hig...-syrup/AN01588

At this time, there's insufficient evidence to say that high-fructose corn syrup is any less healthy than other types of sweeteners.
    There's also no proof to say it's "the same thing".

Hopefully this one isn't too hard to read. http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/79/4/537.long

There's also no proof to say it's "the same thing".

Hopefully this one isn't too hard to read. http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/79/4/537.long
    ok, then how do you explain the fact that less consumpion of HFCS has happened and obesity continues to rise, and the fact that obesity is rising in other parts of the world where HFCS is not used?

ok, then how do you explain the fact that less consumpion of HFCS has happened and obesity continues to rise, and the fact that obesity is rising in other parts of the world where HFCS is not used?
    Yeah, you're going to need to prove that one.

That shit is in everything (seemingly) these days, even ketchup.

Yeah, you're going to need to prove that one.

That shit is in everything (seemingly) these days, even ketchup.
    because of the negative press most companies are taking it out of their products, Heinz and most ketchup companies are doing it.

because of the negative press most companies are taking it out of their products, Heinz and most ketchup companies are doing it.
    Sources then.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post

Now if you compare Coca Cola to some other shit out there which contain about 10 more ingredients or High Fructose Corn Syrup instead of sugar....

Hehe..the best of the worst? Luckily I cannot stand sugary stuff, neither coke and absolutely none of the energy drinks that are out there.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

I think the biggest contributor to my weight loss has been replacing coke with water and the occasional Juice (More recently energy drinks too, but I'm trying to get back into just water and Juice)

Coke might not have as much bad stuff in it as other drinks, but the issue is nothing in coke apart from the water is actually good for you. One thing I found as a good replacement for coke when I really crave it is sparkling fruit juices (My favourite is Orange and Passionfruit) they actually have real fruit juice in them which means vitamins. With coke you just get calories and it's easy to drink a lot and therefore consume a lot of calories without realizing it.

Friday nights, my favorite night

I go train hard, I come back, I spent my left over cash on a 10" pizza and a just under a liter of of coke,

I eat the entire pizza, and drink most of the coke,

Yes its "bad" for us, but no fucking worse than what most of you hypocrites probably eat in the week, not one of you I wager is in a position to lectuer anyone about whats good and whats bad for them to eat or drink,

and for the record, Monday through to friday, I drink water, maybe a blue power aid if I have a day of practicals, and eat only ham / cheese sandwhichs, and noodles / rice when I get in, except for fridays, before anyone tries throwing my own speech at me

Sources then.
    I guess i was thinking about hunts, but here are the 2 biggest brands of ketchup in the US

http://vivienveil.files.wordpress.co...1/ketchup2.jpg