Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sha of Anger loot Fact or Fiction

Straight forward. Loot from sha of anger. ( possibly not including coins )

Is the tier you receive based not only on your class but also your spec.

recent blue post said sha drops are supposed to be based off of spec
    the 1 tier piece i got was on spec...so idk

10+ Year Old Account
    it supose to, but when i did it (second week of release) i had a tier for my off-spec, but now i think its fixed and you recieve(if you are lucky enough) a piece tied to the spec you killed the sha with

Deleted
    I actually lol'd at the title, well done OP. But yes it is fact, I got a pvp ring of him once... As for tiers, pfft as if I'll ever get a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    recent blue post said sha drops are supposed to be based off of spec
    the 1 tier piece i got was on spec...so idk
    Any idea where this blue post is?

At least we know that 28 gold is not spec-dependent!

Deleted
    it IS for the spec you are in at the current time, BUT there is a bug for DK's getting dps gear in blood.. happend to me, and GM's are unable to do anything about it, wont even switch my dps pants over to the tank gear that im suposed to get.. blizz can go die in a fire imo..

My tier was the correct spec, but I'm a rogue.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Q: I do however wish that Sha (and Galleon?) random loot rolls would give you gear based on your spec instead of any spec from your class.

A: They're supposed to. We just double-checked with the developers on this, as we've seen conflicting information go out to players. If you get loot from world bosses that isn't for your spec, that's a bug and the item flagging needs to be fixed. Be sure to report specific items on the Bug Report forum. Apologies for any confusion in this regard.
    i just copy pasted it

10+ Year Old Account
    Game: Hey this person said she wasn't going to pvp this tier.

Wouldn't it be...

Funny if...

Every Sha Kill.

WE GIVE HER A PVP PIECE. LALALAL.

Me: ...I'm in stitches. Truly.

No I mean it, I only got gold one week, Every other week: PVP GEAR LOL. I mean it was fantastic the first week or two, free gear boost, woo. But now I'm just like.
    Wat. I KNOW YOU HAVE PVE GEAR SHA STOP F-ING WITH ME.

Yes it is based on your Spec you are when you engage it. For example I was gearing my retribution spec this week. PvP Necklace lawl.

Galleon? Might not, I dunno. My server is Alliance heavy and the Horde are always asleep when it spawns.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2012-11-15 at 08:28 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I've had 3 pieces of gear to drop off him so far, PVP neck/cloak and boots all for my spec, and I do remember them saying loot should drop dependant on spec, though I have seen a few bug reports saying some people have gotten things that were offspec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I've had 3 pieces of gear to drop off him so far, PVP neck/cloak and boots all for my spec, and I do remember them saying loot should drop dependant on spec, though I have seen a few bug reports saying some people have gotten things that were offspec.
    i got my 2piece tier but, off-spec on my pirest ... so ive switch shadow to holy.. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    it's based on the role you go in. your role in the raid is dps, u find dps stuff. if its tank, u find tank stuff.. and so on
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

My experience is not base on spec or even class.
    Since 28 gold is universal.
    I somehow have really bad luck when comes to Sha. Have not got single item off Sha yet with coins and all that.

I have had three tier dps legs drop...amazing droprate for me, except that I have tanked him every single time. I do like the mastery/exp on the dps legs, but eventually I'd like to get the prot ones for the set bonuses.

GM ticket said it was a bug, but there was no way to prove that I was a tank at the time and no way to revert loot. So I have offset tier legs, dps tier gemmed/chanted for tanking, and a spare pair in case i need spirit or something fancy.

**edit** It has been 2 weeks since last incorrect loot, not sure if it's actually been "fixed" yet
    ---------------------------
    FuriousG

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I did get int PvP bracers from Sha on my Elemental, and set tanking gloves for my Brewmaster alt. So far so good.

Also got Int chest mail for my Elemental from Galleon.

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    i got my 2piece tier but, off-spec on my pirest ... so ive switch shadow to holy.. :/
    Guess you were one of the unlucky to get the bug! Though holy is awesome and at least you got a bit of tier! I keep getting pvp gear.. and I don't pvp! I think the Sha of Anger wants me to suffer.. lol, Who would have thought it? hehe.

To date, i have recieved 2 pieces of loot off the SoA. Both were tier pants, and both were the same as the spec I was playing at the time (Balance Druid pants when i was specced balance, Guardian Druid pants when specced Guardian). It's not exactly much of a sample size, but there it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Guess you were one of the unlucky to get the bug! Though holy is awesome and at least you got a bit of tier! I keep getting pvp gear.. and I don't pvp! I think the Sha of Anger wants me to suffer.. lol, Who would have thought it? hehe.
    ho my yeah that suck o.O..

but yeah at least i have my 2p bonus in holy wich is, actually nice so in counterpart, now i go in shadow so maybe i will get the tier piece in shadow for real haha

but yeah.. i got the bug twice TT...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriousG View Post
    I have had three tier dps legs drop...amazing droprate for me, except that I have tanked him every single time. I do like the mastery/exp on the dps legs, but eventually I'd like to get the prot ones for the set bonuses.

GM ticket said it was a bug, but there was no way to prove that I was a tank at the time and no way to revert loot. So I have offset tier legs, dps tier gemmed/chanted for tanking, and a spare pair in case i need spirit or something fancy.

**edit** It has been 2 weeks since last incorrect loot, not sure if it's actually been "fixed" yet
    i havent been in my dps spec for month now, but they dident say they culdent prove it, but they did say they culdent do anything about it, and that was where a freind of my said that i need to hit the forum to get the item, they locked my thread ASAP..