Thread: Fear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,517
    The strength of Fear and Blood Fear is the only thing that is keeping Warlocks viable right now. I'm fine with the way Fear is.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The strength of Fear and Blood Fear is the only thing that is keeping Warlocks viable right now. I'm fine with the way Fear is.
    exactly this, the only hard cc outside the fear dm is felguard stun (demo only) and shadowfury (talent)
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    exactly this, the only hard cc outside the fear dm is felguard stun (demo only) and shadowfury (talent)
    demo locks counter the fuck out of everything right now. except maybe warriors.

    warlocks are amazing, as always. i have no idea where people are getting the idea that they are bad.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  4. #24
    like we arent suffering enough, nerf the only thing priests have !

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyro View Post
    like we arent suffering enough, nerf the only thing priests have !
    Only thing priest got. Comment of the year.

  6. #26
    The reason people lose so much health in a fear is due to the following:

    Lock casts curse, conflagrate then (blood) Fear: you run away shitting your pants for what's about to happen, while the lock pops cooldowns and starts casting chaos bolt. No damage whatsoever is hitting you at this point, so nothing to break the fear. Chaosbolt hits. Where did your health go? Exactly.

    Fear is fine
    Read the signature rules

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Fear, blind, disorient, incapacitate, root can and will break on damage. Stuns do not. Nerf stuns instead.
    Just make pvp trinket make you immune to CC for 10 seconds after using, on top of removing CC from the user.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Just make pvp trinket make you immune to CC for 10 seconds after using, on top of removing CC from the user.
    Or (off topic) just nerf to the ground the human racial trinket like they did the forsaken racial over the years would love to see them baddies oh trololol cant double derps trinket while u;re CC

    Fear is not bad let alone but is rly OP when is team up with a mage or a druid

  9. #29
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,261
    All Crowd Control should share diminishing returns. That would fix all CC instantly.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post
    The reason people lose so much health in a fear is due to the following:

    Lock casts curse, conflagrate then (blood) Fear: you run away shitting your pants for what's about to happen, while the lock pops cooldowns and starts casting chaos bolt. Lots of damage are hitting you at this point, so nothing to do about it, until you eventually get out. Chaosbolt hits. Where did your health go? Exactly.

    Fear is OP
    Fixed it for you

  11. #31
    Epic! Tearor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Դժոխք
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflare View Post
    i hate that.
    fear - 5 dots - 2 instands - chaosbolt finally breaks fear.
    from mentioning chaos bolt I can see you must be talking about a destruction warlock. And they have one dot only.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    demo locks counter the fuck out of everything right now. except maybe warriors.

    warlocks are amazing, as always. i have no idea where people are getting the idea that they are bad.
    The rise of demono is over now, everyone got the memo about the spec weeks ago and they are still not on the level of War/mage/hunt, not even ferals, even though Demo is fairly decent atm, it's nothing spectacular and it's nerfed to the ground in 5.1

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Pol-Kinabol View Post
    Not with warrior's fear (coming from a druid who symbiosis).
    Warrior fear is different. Your target will break its fear on 1 damage, anyone else caught in the aoe effect of the fear get feared as if a lock cast it on them.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflare View Post
    i hate that.
    fear - 5 dots - 2 instands - chaosbolt finally breaks fear.
    So you're fighting against 3 people?

    Nobody has 5 dots, destruction is the only warlock spec with chaosbolt and it has only 1 dot.

    Fear does break on damage, but usually when you are feared, the warlock/priest only puts a couple of dots up on you as else it'll break.

    To say that Fear doesn't break when you're being the nuke target is a gross over exaggeration, but what else does one expect from the empty vessels.
    Magnificence personified

  15. #35
    Banned NotKonway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NotMagtheridon-US
    Posts
    7
    People have been complaining about this ever since they implemented the whole fear breaking on damage thing. It's never going to change.

  16. #36
    Tis is sort of OT

    If you want real pain, Frost mages are coming back, How about Lock fear, ice block, frost bomb 150K hit with 55% resil, happened to me twice last night in Kotmogu, think it was because i had an orb on me though, but still OMG 150K off a frost bomb geez. Ramman Velen

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Warrior fear is different. Your target will break its fear on 1 damage, anyone else caught in the aoe effect of the fear get feared as if a lock cast it on them.
    Also not true. I had multiple dots ticking, while WARRIOR fear was not breaking. And no, I had no absorb.

  18. #38
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Fear, blind, disorient, incapacitate, root can and will break on damage. Stuns do not. Nerf stuns instead.
    Interesting when I have gone down to from 100% to 25% in one fear. Its supposed to threshold of damage you can take before breaking, that doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Fear and blind are not comparable.

  19. #39
    Whenever I play my warlock fears break on around 50k damage.

    Whenever I play my alts fear breaks because I died.

    I'm very confused

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    Whenever I play my warlock fears break on around 50k damage.

    Whenever I play my alts fear breaks because I died.

    I'm very confused
    when i play my rogue i die just of the fear of him casting the fear

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •