Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Grand Empress Shek'zeer - Phase Two Adds Destroying Tanks - Help Please!

We've just started working on Grand Empress Shek'zeer and don't seem to be able to get past phase two because our tanks keep falling over. The damage seems ridiculous, so we are clearly doing something wrong.

Each tank takes three Windblades and one Reaver. Half our DPS goes on one side, and half our dps goes on the other, focusing on their respective tank's target (a Windblade until all three on each side are dead). We are trying to set up Amber Traps, but don't seem to have enough time to even form one, never mind trap an add inside. Even with stuns, and kiting, we can't seem to get very far into the phase without one or both tanks dying. We really are struggling.

Our World of Logs reports for tonight's attempts can be found here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=62837

If you have any tips, tricks, or general advice, we would be hugely grateful.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have 1 tank pick up both Reavers and the other tank pick up the Windblades. Get snares, slows, stuns, etc on the Windblade. That should be the only tank taking lots of damage.

This will let you focus your heals on that tank. The Windblade tank should be kiting as much as possible. That should make it significantly easier for you guys.

let the prot paladin kite the adds while the dk tank both the reavers

hunter can misdirect and frost trap the adds
    rogue can crippling and stun
    mages can slow and stun
    priest can help with speed buff on kiting tank
    your monk healer can spec into aoe stun
    just make sure 1 start fixeting then your tank should be able to handle 5 with cds then 4 without
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had each tank take a side , opened up with aoe stuns and slows both sides
    tanks started kiting after 2 hits and then when fixates happened it was rather easy really.

The phase did require some spam healing here and there but overall the mess was limited and it worked fine for us. (DK+Druid tanks btw)

Chevelle founder and Guild Master of<Divide and Conquer> @ Frostmane EU
    Also please follow me on Twitter

We do it with our Brewmaster monk picking up the Reavers and me (Prot Paladin) grabbing all the windblades.
    Now its important for the Windblade tank to have big cds up for the start of it, since vengeance will be low until you start taking hits and they hurt when you got all 6 of them.

However, as a prot, once vengeance starts rolling and windblades starts fixating people I'll be sitting there with 350k ap thru vengeance almost solohealing myself while killing the windblades all on my own.

But yeah, I use my Shieldwall cd, in this case Guardian of Ancient Kings, for when I pick them up. A couple of times when I didn't I would get one shot (technically 6-shot) by 6 attacks simultaneously.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vn...=10419&e=10932 Link to the log of our kill.

1 tank on both reavers, 1 tank on all the windblades. This will greatly reduce the tank damage.

By looking at recount/logs you can see that when you just put a tank on each side, the huge majority of the damage comes from each reaver being buffed (3 stacks) by the 3 windblades.

If you go both reavers on 1 tank, each reaver only gets 1 stack and the damage is pretty manageable with good tank cooldowns.

The other tank will have 6 windblades with 5 stacks each, but these don't hit hard at all and will be fixating on people anyway.

Deleted
    We tanked 1+3 too. As long as you stun them and keep CDs up while there are 3 up your tanks should be fine. After some seconds there will be a fixate or one add will die (single target them) and then the damage will be much lower. We found it far less messy than kiting. Just remember, stun and CD and it's fine.

We started out trying to kite, and it worked alright. But once every few tries they would catch up for a few seconds, with the healers not being prepared, this could easily kill the kiter.

If tanking them just isn't working try kiting instead. But we found tanking each group seperatly a more reliable strat even if it was more overall damadge taken, since you won't get a tank gib due to a missed slow or a mistake (running out of rage for Piercing Howl sucks..)

If you're just going to tank them tell your tanks to roll cd's. You don't really need many cd's in p1 as a tank, only minor ones. Both me and my co-tank would blow our shieldwall like cd's right as we picked up the adds so we would have time to get them in place. When an add fixates and is kited out the damadge will become noticably lighter, save your other cd's for when you have all adds on you again.

Deleted
    Why are you overcomplicating the fight? 1 tank is dedicated to the big adds and the other to the little ones. Reavers' tank is no issue, since they do not hit hard, have him stay where the Empress spawns facing them away from the raid, no dps needed on them. The other one is more complicated, have him tank in the middle of the room, rotate defensive cooldowns, stuns and slows (protection warrior are by far the best), kite when needed. Group the prison close to the Reavers and gg.

As a bear, I just stood there and took it. Once i'd picked up my 1+3 I opened with Nature's Vigil/Berserk to steady myself, rolling in to a survival instincts which lead to me getting getting a further 12 seconds of SD so I was easily stable. At this point I was over 200k vengeance and I actually switched to FR'ing myself over SD. I did drop lowish a couple times but ultimately it wasn't a big deal for me...
    Now our Monk tank on the other hand! The squishy squisherton mcsquishanald opened with his one and only cd and maintained shuffle while doing as much as he could to live. Probably got an aoe stun or two as well because all dps were over there (no point splitting). Soon as the trap was ready his add was trapped in. Then I dragged mine over too, while under no real duress thanks to the overpowered awesomeness of frenzied regen <3 (Ps I'm sure as a pally you could do something similar for cd rotating/avenging wrath to buff self heals if needed) while the dk's adds are taken care of.

Deleted
    Hi there
    We have the same problem. We did 15 try and wiped 13 times due to the beggining of P2
    We had a war tank with 3+1 add, 2 healers fully on him (monk+ chaman) and a dk tank with me (disci) on him
    Even with full mana, i have to heal like crazy on him, with all my cds (pain sup, barrier etc..) and even with this i lose him often
    My hps is ok (70k) i think on this fight.

Maybe we'll try the strat 6 little on one tank and the 2 big on the other tonight
    But the pull seems to be insane. I don't know how you can manage the 6 little adds to focus one tank while the other taunts the 2 bigs

If you have tips pleaaase
    What is the best way ton stun/slow the adds?

Our comp tonight
    Tanks= dk+ war
    Heals= pala disci monk
    Dps= retpal affli warlock hunt chamelem

Thank you for your help!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathbad View Post
    We've just started working on Grand Empress Shek'zeer and don't seem to be able to get past phase two because our tanks keep falling over. The damage seems ridiculous, so we are clearly doing something wrong.

Each tank takes three Windblades and one Reaver. Half our DPS goes on one side, and half our dps goes on the other, focusing on their respective tank's target (a Windblade until all three on each side are dead). We are trying to set up Amber Traps, but don't seem to have enough time to even form one, never mind trap an add inside. Even with stuns, and kiting, we can't seem to get very far into the phase without one or both tanks dying. We really are struggling.

Our World of Logs reports for tonight's attempts can be found here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=62837

If you have any tips, tricks, or general advice, we would be hugely grateful.
    You should mate also three heal. The last phase you need to dispell 3 fears. If both healers got it. God should help you.

Use tank cooldowns when tanks grabing the mobs. They hit very hard. They hit like trucks actually. So healers should be ready to spam shit out of tanks ( and also sort who heals which tank ). But deffo THREE HEAL IT!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11811&e=12356

Our last week kill healing done.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2012-11-28 at 11:33 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

15+ Year Old Account
    They deal more damage at start since each add around the big makes the big one deal more damage. So until kiting starts they will hit for a lot.

Deleted
    I just kite all windblades as a Brewmaster Monk and I never get a single hit from them throughout the entire fight. ;-)

Dizzying Haze is OP.

Actually we try to focus down one small add per group right in the beginning (they die pretty fast) then bomb the rest. We got them down fast enough and one big add was in the trap, the other one right beside the boss

We had the same problem with P2 starts, just 3 heal it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tanks are truly taking a good beating at the start of that phase.

First thing: Do use 3 healers.

What we did to make it go smoothly was to have DPS focus down the Windblades of one tank who would then taunt one or two from the other tank.

Remember that the adds hit harder the more of them are clustered together. So the goal for us was to reduce the incoming damage ASAP. No meter-padding here! Just focus down that crap, do whatever it takes to make something fall over as quickly as possible. Tanks need to use some CDs at the beginning, of course.

What we also do is that we do the achievement every single kill. That is: Pull both Reavers into a trap at the same time. This means that you keep one Wingblade alive until you have 2 traps ready, pull the Reavers into the traps, finish that Wingblade off... and tada! You're going into the last phase without a Reaver annoying you.

Deleted
    I wouldnt say having every player in the raid recieving a 10-20k damage buff is "annoying"

u have a dk tank. the windblades can be frozen, slowed. army of the dead also taunts them.

^

What hellboy said. We run BDK and PrPal and just facetank each set. Boss hits for noodles anyway, so it's not hard to save trinkets and major CDs for the adds, esp if you only get one set (which you should). As the DK, I go straight into a remorseless winter, follow it up with an army, and as long as dispatches are interupted GG. Our Prot pal just cycles CDs.

As far as traps go, our raid usually just traps one, we have the tanks swap and whichever one needs to lose his stacks just picks up the reaver. It isn't hard, and the reavers on their own don't hit for much.

--edit--

We 3 heal as well
    Last edited by einsanity; 2012-12-01 at 02:41 AM.