Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Spellsteal will cost a mage 21% of his mana, so I really doubt you will be see yourself being dispel-raped against any teams that only has a mage as a offensive dispeller. There's even a possibility that Blizzard makes it non-spellstealable.
    Other than that, the current auras were too good. There should definitely be a choice between having to cast the curses in caster form or choosing to put up an aura on yourself depending on who you are playing against. Having a huuge aura covering the whole arena with no way to counter it was a reaaaally bad design.

Also.. Sad to see the auto attack mechanic gone. Been leveling as demo (lvl 89 currently) on my soon-to-reroll-char, and I am really loving the current auto attack mechanic. I think it was a nice pay off spending 6 fury per second in demon form to be able to auto attack the target. I think they should cover it by reducing the fury costs per second in demo form, or just removing it all together.
    I think buffing doom is a terrible idea. Will make demonology warlocks far stronger on most encounters.

I still wish doom was castable out of meta again... there, I said it.

It makes absolutely no sense to me why they are allowing Aura of Enfeeblement to be dispelled, its first of all an aura and secondly a curse haha. Blizzard..

The change on Auras, both the removal of Mannoroth's Fury affecting them and making them dispellable it's not a nerf... A nerf is when you tone down something, like Deep Freeze is going to be in 5.1, from 5 secs duration to 4, that's a nerf... This change obliterated the use of Auras in PvP, there's no point in using them anymore since the vast majority of popular comps have a dispeller in it... Going Demon Form and using 50 fury so that they can be purged instantly is... nvm, I don't want to get banned...

They should make them 30 yards, let them remain undispellable and reduce the effect, by like half for each of the penalties (10% and 15% or something), or they should give both Demo and Affliction the same gcd on Curses as Destro has and increase the duration of Enfeeblement from 12 to at least 15 secs duration, but that won't happen, so my advice is, abuse the shit out of this oportunity while you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    And the point of the thread is that an already horrible PvP class just got nerfed further.
    Hey now, I'd go so far as to say Demo was the best PVP spec of the three, and is far far far from a horrible class (look at non resto shamans for instance).
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    Hey now, I'd go so far as to say Demo was the best PVP spec of the three, and is far far far from a horrible class (look at non resto shamans for instance).
    Or worse, we could be suffering, like rogues.

Deleted
    Who would have guessed Warlocks were going to be nerfed far harder than warriors or mages in 5.1. I guess thats one of the perks of a Mage class developer balancing our class.

The Dark Soul dispel/spellsteal protection was a massive buff and gateway not despawning is great. Having a 45 yard enfeeblement aura was very powerful and they just happened to decide it was too powerful. Personally I think it was nerfed a bit too much but I don't see any great injustice done to warlocks overall.

Mages cant steal Dark Soul anymore? Thats ok we can just change "Auras" into Magic effects for Mages to enjoy

Its a freaking Aura that applies a Curse how the hell is it a Magic effect

Who would have guessed Warlocks were going to be nerfed far harder than warriors or mages in 5.1. I guess thats one of the perks of a Mage class developer balancing our class.
    Warriors and Mage dominating PvP? Nerf Totems

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 6kle View Post
    The Dark Soul dispel/spellsteal protection was a massive buff and gateway not despawning is great. Having a 45 yard enfeeblement aura was very powerful and they just happened to decide it was too powerful. Personally I think it was nerfed a bit too much but I don't see any great injustice done to warlocks overall.
    The gateway change is, in my opinion, a bug fix.

To me the real trade was dispellable aura's Vs. undispellable Dark Soul, which is in our favor atm.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikijih View Post
    Are you freaking kidding me? "Design" for mean means visual appeal? When did that happen?

1) Doom is amazing. The ONLY time its not a great spell is when the target dies in less then 15 seconds. Which means while questing. Aka, its always usefull in situations that matter. Damage being shifted to Doom is in fact a PvE buff, as it increases multidotting damage, a niche we are already very strong at.
    2) If you are using Fury to cast Auras in raids in anything but a trash/aoe phase, you are bad. Fury is for damage, if you only have 1 or 2 targets, you use the mana-costing curse.

These were essentially PvP nerfs. Now I'll agree we should not be seeing any of those right now, but to say it is taking a nosedive for those reasons is melodramatic at best.
    1. No. The Doom nerf is actually a nerf. Theorycrafters already found out it's about a 1.5% damage nerf on a single target. On multiple targets that actually live longer then a few seconds, yes it's better. But the fights where you have multiple targets living long lives it's typically adviced to go Affliction already. On fights where Demo's AE and burst helps the adds shouldn't live long enough for Doom to have any impact. So then it is even more of a damage nerf then the already 1.5% one for a single target.

2. The MF effect for the auras made it very useful for fights with multiple adds that aren't packed together. For instance the blobs at Amber-Shaper or the spirits at Garaj. Without the MF effect you simply will be out of range for a lot of them, making it much less useful and more unpredictable.