Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft III

I mean playing Pudge wars with a bunch of friends 5am probably made me laugh
    more than I have ever laughed in all other games combined.

And that's only 1 mod.

Single player games don't really make me laugh at all. Tho I find laughing alone awkward
    anyway, but I can't think of a game that made me laugh in single player mode. Maybe skyrim
    with it's thousand bugs and physics caused a few smirks.

Discworld Noir must be the funniest game with a good story.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bugs in Skyrim made me smile. And the creative user mods.

Chainsaw lollipop however got a few laughs from me. And the first two Shadow Hearts games.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Conker's Bad Fur Day, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, Goemon's Great Adventure the dialogue is great.

Though when I play with friends Worms Armageddon makes me laugh the most.

Jak and Daxter, Abes Oddysey/Exodus, Medievil 1/2, Conkers Bad fur Day.

That is just a few, I have many more over my life that I just CBF's writing an entire page about.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

"Game X made me laugh 'cause it was bad dur hurr" posts need not apply. Infractions given for any of these posts after this warning will make me laugh heartily.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    "Game X made me laugh 'cause it was bad dur hurr" posts need not apply. Infractions given for any of these posts after this warning will make me laugh heartily.
    <3 Mods.

Also I am hoping for this game to be HILARIOUS.

Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Fusion Frenzy is pretty hilarious with the right people.

I'll have to say GTA, even the old PS ones were hilarious. But maybe I'm just a sadistic bastard who likes killing things in video games.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2012-11-16 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    The bugs in Skyrim made me smile. And the creative user mods.

Chainsaw lollipop however got a few laughs from me. And the first two Shadow Hearts games.
    *Twitch.

Lollipop Chainsaw was pretty funny for a while.

Zombies calling her a slut got a little old pretty fast though.

Kid Icarus: Uprising and Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga have great dialogue, especially the former.

Portal series. I still laugh every time I play it even knowing the dialogue.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Have anyone tried Postal 2?
    Still puts a smile thinking back on it.
    The game in itself are absurd but well worth a try.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious as to why this is a problem. The OP doesn't state that he doesn't want games like that and specifically asks why. If you use that as a reason then it's valid.

http://xkcd.com/653/ is a very valid rating system for games as well as movies. I and my friends will specifically go find some of these games as games are meant to be enjoyable... even if that enjoyment comes from badness.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    I'm curious as to why this is a problem. The OP doesn't state that he doesn't want games like that and specifically asks why. If you use that as a reason then it's valid.

http://xkcd.com/653/ is a very valid rating system for games as well as movies. I and my friends will specifically go find some of these games as games are meant to be enjoyable... even if that enjoyment comes from badness.
    Because game-bashing is against the forum guidelines because it doesn't lead to constructive conversation. People get their panties in a wad when a game they like is talked about in a bad light. The OP also didn't use facetiousness in his examples, so I'd rather err on the side of caution and nip that in the bud before it becomes a troll-fest.

tl;dr: 'Cause I said so.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because game-bashing is against the forum guidelines because it doesn't lead to constructive conversation. People get their panties in a wad when a game they like is talked about in a bad light. The OP also didn't use facetiousness in his examples, so I'd rather err on the side of caution and nip that in the bud before it becomes a troll-fest.

tl;dr: 'Cause I said so.
    Of course, in my naivety I forgot people might get defensive about certain games. But there really are some games that cross over into the "so bad it's good" area. Of course those games are so genuinely bad that no one could defend them.

But there really are some games that cross over into the "so bad it's good" area. Of course those games are so genuinely bad that no one could defend them.
    I don't disagree with that at all. Ever played Sewer Shark for Sega CD? Great example.

I was smiling pretty much the whole way through Kid Icarus: Uprising. It had some great dialogue, especially when Hades was involved.

World of Warcraft has made me laugh, but not necessarily because of the in-game humour. It's usually because of other people, if that counts.

Earthbound, Metal Gear Solid, and Paper Mario can all be pretty funny too.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree with that at all. Ever played Sewer Shark for Sega CD? Great example.
    Nah, but Big Rigs was definitely in that category (you could argue it goes into the "so bad it's worse" category though).

Z is a game that always stuck out in my mind as a kid. I never even really played it but the open cinematic made me laugh.

Deleted

OP here.

The MOD has a point, but you also touched on something else...
    I guess, games that are so bad they are just a joy to play through badness, like certain films (coming to mind; Troll 2).

I think what the mod meant was blankly saying, like a poster did "LOL SKYRIM WAS FUNNY COZ IT WAS SO BAD" when it was one of the most well received games of recent history, etc.

For example;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_sSjMr3AME

Undeniably a terrible game, but hilarious all the same.
    (but I wasn't really talking about games like that anyway. :P)